Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Art of Mahmoud Farshchian



 My lovely daughter in law, Neda is just back home from a visit to her family in Tehran. While she was there she visited a local art museum with her Mom and sent me back a few photos - I was awe struck! The colors,details and subject matter of these paintings is incredible! The art is by Mahmoud Farshchian.
 The museum is just five minutes from Neda's Mom's house, so they were able to spend a day there together,enjoying each other and catching up,as it had been almost 2 years since Neda last saw her Mom.
Azar

My wonderful daughter in law-Neda

Two beautiful ladies!
  Neda explained to me, the Master Artist, Mahmoud Farshchian's art is so revered that what once was a gallery of his pieces is now a museum on permanent display.

Farshchian's paintings are exquisite and truly a feast for the eyes and so I just had to share with you!
The Farshchian museum is located in 
Sa'ad Abad Palace Garden just north of Tehran City.

All photos of Mahmoud's paintings were taken at the Farshchian museum.
These are just a few of his works of art; if you would like to view others and learn more of Mahmoud Farshchian and his art I have added a few links below~


I would like to thank my sweet daughter in law,Neda, for knowing me so well to know how I would appreciate viewing this wonderful art and for her sharing it with me!

And thank you my friends for stopping in today! 
Jackie  ")

23 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

His work is exquisite. Love all the colors. So beautiful. You are very lucky to have a daughter-in-law that knows you so well.

Anonymous said...

Amazing paintings!! Very beautiful and special. You are very lucky to have Her and these wonderful greetings from Her homeland.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What fabulous work - I'm looking forward to learning more and feasting further!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Amazing work, so full of colour and movement. TFS
Hugs,
Teresa

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, thanks for sharing, those painting look amazing!

Valerie-Jael said...

The paintings are exquisite, really beautiful. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

Julie Lee said...

What a wonderful discovery! These paintings are truly fantastic! It is great to discover new artists. How lovely that your daughter in law shared this with you. xx

Annette said...

oh my what fantastic art gotta go see more. oxoxxo

Jo Murray said...

What exquisitely detailed work. No wonder he's much revered.

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous artwork Jackie - thank you for sharing with us - your daughter
in law and her mother are really beautiful women!
xxx
Susi

Anonymous said...

I love your post. I'm so glad you liked my email and pictures. Thank you for sharing that in your blog

Bev said...

Omg Jackie his work is exquisite so mystical and magical you want to just dive right in and be a part of it ...thank you Neda and Jackie for sharing such a wonderful artist...
Hugz Bev

aimarii said...

I took really much a fancy to first painting. It´s so fantastic.
Kiitoksia, kun esittelet nämä upeat teokset. I write a little finnish too. I know you will understand.

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

EXQUISITE PAINTINGS!

Unknown said...

Wow, those truly are awe-inspiring. The figures are just breathtaking.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Neda is beautiful. So exciting to see this post about her trip to the museum. Whoa, those paintings are fabulous. One could get lost gazing into the layers and layers of mystical detail of story there. I'm very much in awe. What a brilliant painter. so pleased I got to see them. Cheers-Darlene

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - thanks for sharing these - they are so full of colour and movement - wonderful! I guess Neda knew they'd be right up your street!
Alison xx

~*~Patty S said...

WOW what an all around lovely post.
That artwork is breathtaking and what a gorgeous dil you have.
It warms my heart that daughter and mother got to spend time together again...both precious and priceless!
There are lots of beautiful women in your family I see ♥
Thank you for sharing dear Jackie!
oxo

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, these are very beautiful indeed! We have so much to learn from other cultures! Thanks for sharing a bit of your personal life, Jackie! I had no idea you had such multi-cultural family connections!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous works of art and beautiful DIL!!!

trisha too said...

So beautiful--thank you for sharing them with us, Jackie (and Neda)!

:)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, many thanks for sharing these with us. This work is just amazing! Angela x

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful works of art with me Jackie!!! They are breathtaking!!!