Friday, April 28, 2017

for a friend...


Happy Friday!
 Today's share is a tag I made for a faraway friend,Germany,in fact.
I am speaking of Valerie of the blog,Bastelmania.
Valerie's blog has such inspiring posts,where she shares her artwork and her life travels.
If you have never been to her blog,do pop in to say hello and see what she is up to! 
I wanted to make sure Valerie received her package before I posted,
and so she has and so here it is.


  I am sharing these close ups so you can see all the yummy texture of this background.

DecoArt used to make this product called "Paper Perfect". I have had mine so long I can't even tell you when it was discontinued.
(and,yes! the product is still good!)
It really is too bad they no longer make it,because it is so cool to work with.  

After gessoing the tag I spread the Paper Perfect all over and off some of the edges of the tag. This product is pulpy;if you have ever made your own paper or even left newsprint in water too long,you might have an idea of what I mean.
While the PaperPerfect was still wet,I spritzed my spray colors onto my craft mat,added some water and then painted into the wet pulp as watercolors.
The wet pulp made the colors blend and bleed even more,giving a real neat effect.
 Frida was stamped separately and added when the tag was dry.
To this I added dried flowers and petals,both as her head piece and for her bodice.
Next, I added the perfect (in my opinion)heart and wings piece from RetroCafeArt Gallery. 
Also added,were yarn for hanging and the tiny sugar skull.
 The edges were embossed with a dark purple embossing powder.
At the bottom, I used a couple of skeleton leaves with some vintage flowers, and then finally adding the banner "Fearless"
This tag represents two Fearless women, Frida and Valerie. 
Both women have had many struggles and still lead/lead very colorful lives. I applaud them both!
I am happy to say that Valerie loves her tag as much as I loved creating it for her!
 hugs to you my friend!xx
 Thank you so much for joining me today and hope to see you again soon with some"life around here" posts.
 Spring has sprung and we have been busy!
Jackie ")




Products:
DecoArt Paper Perfect
DecoArt Media Shimmer Mister~Turquoise
DecoArt Media Mister~Primary Yellow
DecoArt~DecoPauge~Matte
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays~Drop Dead Gorgeous Green,Hi Maintenance Magenta,Wild Honeysuckle Coral
Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder~Midnight Violet
RetroCafeArt~Sugar Skull charm, Heart with wings MDF piece
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts~Fearless Banner
Stampotique~Frida stamp
Tsukineko StazOn Ink~Midnight Blue
tag
water,paintbrush
E6000 glue
vintage mini flowers
skeleton leaves
Dried/pressed flowers





Entering in these Fab challenges!

 The April challenge at The Artistic Stamper is Backgrounds






MMW#24: Anything Mixed Media Goes with a Twist-Use watercolors




18 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooooo Unique and Lovely Jackie. Really enjoy seeing the way you used the petals. And the word FEARLESS seems a GREAT word to use on a gift for Valerie because I have always thought of her as just that! What a WONDERFUL tag and gift for a VERY SPECIAL lady. So so thoughtful of you to send things her way... but then... that's just WHO you are!! Xj.

Valerie-Jael said...

My tag is hanging in my arty kitchen and has been much admired, I love it very much. And your kind words today made me tear up, thanks so much. I am enjoying playing with all my goodies, too! Have a great weekend, and stay as lovely as you are. Thanks again for being so loving and caring. BIG hugs, Valerie

artbyjune said...

Fabulous and inspired! I love it!

Tristan Robin said...

Beautiful, Jackie! Love all the texture! I never used the product you mentioned, but it looks like it was fun stuff! The nice watercolor-y look you get is a terrific background for your clean stamped image. And I LOVE dried flowers on collages! (Do you know Peggy Daily Gatto? She uses a lot of dried flowers) Anyway - lovely work, as always - thanks for sharing!

Tristan

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful bright colours and gorgeous design Jackie, how lovely you are to make something so lovely for a special friend xxx

Redanne said...

Such a beautiful tag Jackie, I love all the yummy texture and the way the colours have mingled. Valerie clearly loved her special tag too! I think the paste you used might be similar to one that Golden (USA) do, it is called Fiber Paste, it looks much the same and creates lovely texture. Anne x

Dorthe said...

So amazing dear Jackie, beautiful colors, and the paper pulp you used looks great as background texture. I so love you used the dried flowers, they add the fragility to your piece, which in spite of this strong powerful woman, also was a big part of her life.
A wonderful gift to your friend.
Hugs, Dorthe

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great project Jackie and now I'm feeling guilty because I have some of the Paper Perfect and I've hardly used it!!!! better check it out. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Julie Lee said...

Wow, Jackie, this is stunning! And what a pity that Paper Perfect product has been discontinued - it is such an amazing effect! I do love all things Frida and this tag evokes her wonderful world of colour and passion perfectly! Fabulous! xx

Candy C said...

Jackie...this Freda tag is awesome! Love, love your background! You are a master at bright, inviting colors! I've never hear of DecoArt's paper product that is discontinued...but you make me wish I had some! That background is amazing! Your friend in Germany has GOT to LOVE her tag!
I also wanted to sincerely thank you for your sweet words you left on my blog. I am so stoked to be on Andy's DT! I was really shocked he asked me...but thrilled! I love his techniques and products.

Andree said...

A super tag. Lovely colours and textures.
Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Jo Nevill said...

Love your bright and colourful tag
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

denthe said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful present for Valerie! I love the tiny flowers, they're so cute. It's visible that you had fun creating it :-) Have a great week and enjoy Spring in your yard! Hugs xxxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is just delightful, Jackie - I am so in love with her 'hair', especially. And the colour! As always, just the best! xo

Pamellia said...

Hi Jackie!! This is just gorgeous, wow!! Your background is so incredible, all those wonderful colours and that amazing texture, love it!! The arrangement of little flowers is beautiful and I love how you did the banner at the bottom, a stunning tag I know Valerie will just treasure!!

I hope you have been taking time to enjoy the warmer weather. Spring came so early for us this year and I am soaking up every minute of it. I'm redesigning the patio so I can build my own private little garden and I'm super excited to get that started. Take care my friend and see you again soon :)

SewPaperPaint said...

I know she loved this! What a gorgeous tag. Love how you combined these various elements. Beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Very striking Jackie! Loving those teals and purples! Beautiful combination!

sarascloset said...

Oh, Jackie, what a fabulous tag! I love the colors and of course that delicious texture! (I bet I have some of that products deep in the recesses of my Closet! Ha!Ha!) You are a wonderful friend to share your lovely artwork (made especially for her) with your friend across the pond! I just bet it made her year! Sending warm hugs!