Saturday, April 25, 2015

happy mail and a few laughs!

   Hi friends! 
Today's post is sharing some wonderful happy mail I recently received~
hope you have a few minutes...")

First up are atc's that I made for my friend Uuna from Finland.We swapped 3 atc's each and she told me she preferred abstract-
 
 
Next are the gorgeous atc's and card that 
 I received from Uuna-Stunning!!
Note card designed by Uuna with pieces from her photography art
 Gorgeous textures and colors!
I love Uuna's use of gold-i love all that glitters and shines!
The color play on this one is simply delish!
  The stamp on the card is Uuna's art-she actually has her own art on a
mailing stamp-how cool is that?!
Thank you so very much dear Uuna for sharing your wonderful art with me-I am very pleased and proud to display these in my studio-to inspire me and remind me of my faraway friend !
To see more of Uuna's art- find her here- Uuna
















Next up, a package arrived this week from 
my very first online bestest friend in Ohio-Darlene!!
I had to laugh out loud because the package inside was wrapped in Christmas paper while the card read Happy Birthday(my b'day is in Jan.)heehee
Just look what was inside!
 If you could only feel and smell this glorious leather!! It is sooo soft! Darlene's daughter,Stacey,made this purse and wallet where she works and creates, at Down Home Leather.
And my friend Darlene,crazy and spontaneous that she is,decided I just had to have this!She knows how hip I am(heehee)and that this was just what I needed!! 
Thank you sweet Darlene,I adore this gift!
 also a fab set of four DecoArtTwinkles WritersYay!!
and a recipe for homemade organic bug spray
Darlene knows what a total glitter fan I am,as, I am the first to have turned her on to Stickles-back in the day-heehee when we first met on Strathmore's online art classes.
 Darlene really stuck out to me in the chat forum with her wit and her use of her lace kitchen curtains as stencils!
 I kid you not, I laughed so hard when I read that- I spewed my coffee on my keyboard!! She actually cut her curtain up to use it in her piece she was working on!! hahahaa 
The humor continues with Darlene-you'll know this if you ever read her Zebra comics,here on her blog-freeniebelle
Thank you again,my dear bestest Ohio friend!! xo

 
 This is my new coffee/tea cup for my studio- it did not come from Poland but the design did,by another online friend,Bozena. 
Bozena is a textile artist from Poland,who creates such intricate and detailed textile pieces.Truly exquisite work! Some designs are offered as cups,clocks,pillows or prints.
 I love the birds and when I saw this piece that Bozena had created,well, I needed the cup!!yup! had to have it! 
You can find Bozena at The Textile Cuisine
So glad to have met Bozena and her beautiful artwork!


Finally,today, this next photo is another delivery,but not by mail....

These containers hold 200 various pines and 10 Forsythias- guess what we're doing this weekend?!

Thanks for visiting- I'll be back next week with more art to share,as long as I can still sit and stand! heeeheee
Jackie ")


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you DEAR JACKIE so much for trading cards and showing my cards and other stuff. I am so proud to get atc-cards from so far away. And my cards are now there. And my stamp was real because You have got my letter :-DDD

You are really lucky lady, because You have got so many beautiful and amazing presents. The red vallet is really fascinating!!! And Your new coffee cup. So fine, I think that You drink coffee all the time.
Exept when You are planting plans :-D
Thank You and have a nice workday on weekend hihihih

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Jackie,
Enjoyed reading your post and I will pop over and see your besties.
Gosh the Atc's are to die for, the texture in Uuna,s work is just mouth watering, and that mug well I have to agree with you and say it is stunning.
Have a great day.
Smiles:)
Sue

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely ATCs, sent and received, and what gorgeous presents you got from your friend, you lucky girl! Enjoy and have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Annette said...

Hi girl you hit the jackpot my dear. You are like I am every week I get so many wonderful treasures. Hubby says it is like Christmas to me. I love it and I see you do. We are indeed blessed with artist gals in our life. Now have fun putting out all those tiny tiny trees. oxoxox

Bev said...

Oh love your swaps and your bag is lovely now I know you will be busy planting just like Johnny Appleseed lol

Julie Lee said...

What a lovely, sharing post, Jackie - full of the most fantastic art! You are certainly going to make a statement with that bag! I loved Uuna's art - fancy a real postage stamp from your art! That mug is so pretty too: I love that style. Bozena's name rings a bell, actually. I'm sure I've seen her comments on FB and people's blogs - what a talent. I do hope you've had a fruitful weekend with your planting. Thank you for fitting in a visit to me too! I really value that, dear friend. xxx

froebelsternchen said...

You got wonderful mail and I love the ATC's you made by yourself!
Hope your planting went good!

xxx
Susi

aimarii said...

What kind of nice post you have got. Great.

I guess you have planted pinehedge. Is that hegde ready now?

massofhair said...

Fantastic post Jackie. Wonderful to see all of your talented friends and their Art, thanks for the links will pop by later today for a looksie.

Hope you still able to get about after your marathon planting session which i suppose would have been interspersed by a coffee in your wonderful mug :-) xxx

denthe said...

I love the texture in your ATC's, and the presents you received ...: WOW! Aren't you the lucky one :-) Every single piece so unique and artful. Love it!

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic post, full of wonderful swaps and gifts, and some gardening to come! Thanks for sharing all your fabulous happy mail!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

What a great post my friend! That cupcake book is way, way too cute! Your sis will love it I'm sure! What great ATC's and gifts you received, thanks for sharing! Xo

Darlene K Campbell said...

My dearest Jackie, I apologize for not seeing this awesome post sooner...especially when you gave Stacy and I such a lovely and generous shout out!
I'm grateful and fortunate to have a friend like you to send yummy surprises to. It was a hoot to read about you remembering the exact special moments that I cherish about you when we first met.
Sending hugs on-line until we meet in person. Cheers-Darlene