Sunday, October 18, 2015

A Haunting We Will Go! with DecoArt of Course!

 Feeling a little Haunted?
 Bwahaaaahaaaaa!!

It's that time of the year when Halloween lovers get all ghoulish and spooky !
Not to be outdone- I've joined the fun! 
Here is my latest project-which,I had sooo much fun making! Only wish I had made two! ")
Anyhow,on with some brief descriptions and lots of photos.
 Pardon my excessive use of closeups- I just bought a new camera and am really digging the photos it produces!

 As you can see, it all started out so simple...
 Spritzing the tag with water
adding  drops of Green Gold and Cadium Orange Hue
then more water and close heat gun to disperse the color
more water,more color,also adding Interference Gold at this point
 Next comes Media Modeling Paste with a generous amount of Splendid Gold Dazzling Metallic Acrylic added to it
Shmoosh through a stencil...
 and wait for it to dry
Yummy huh?

  Okay this is where I went all Utee on the elements and totally photographed NO more!
backing up...I used Ultra Thick Black Utee on the Witches wings,spider&webs and snake.
 The web behind her head blended in too much being black so I added Green&Orange and Glow in the Dark stippled on to it.
While the snake was still hot, I laid him in some Mica Fragments to give him scales
 and then outlined him with Americana Glow in the Dark Paint,spidey glows as well
On the bottom of the tag I made a mixture of Media Black Gesso(thinned down with water)and Media Carbon Black.This was pounced on and straightaway I added Black Flocking then zapped with heat- ooooh you should have seen the bubbling,simply out of the cauldron!heeeeheee
For the corners I added some chipboard elements which were painted up with a mix of Quinacridone Violet,Dioxine Purple and 
Americana *MSS Lavender Fields.
a bit of Thermal Green was used to edge the wings,and for the critters eyes 
 From here all the elements were added and some were given a nice thick coat of Liquid Glass.
and, a bit of Quin Violet around the eyes-giving her that zombie look everyone is dying for! 
Mwahahaaaa!
Glad to see you hung around to the end and put up with my ghoulishly corny humor! 
Jackie ")
 

Quinacridone Violet
Carbon Black
Interference Gold
Cadium Orange Hue
Green Gold
Dioxine Purple
Media Modeling Paste~
Black
White
Dazzling Metallics~
Splendid Gold (my Favorite Gold!)
Americana *MultiSurfaceSatin~
Lavender Fields
Media Liquid Glass
Americana Glow in the Dark Paint
Americana Neons~Thermal Green

Other Products used:
FranTage Tarnished Mica Fragments
Corner Chipboard from Gina'sDesigns
Spider Webs ~RetroArtCafe
Bat Wings~Alpha Stamps
Utee UltraThick Embossing Enamel -Black
E6000
PopDots
Large Manilla Tag
Heat Gun
Paint Brush
Assorted fibers

Linking up with the following 4 challenges:

1.
2.
Words found & used Witch,Hat,Purple

3.
4.

Go have a look and see what cool projects and spooky inspiration others have created!
 

34 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, love your tag. I think my favorite part of the tag is her face. Yes, I can tell you have a new camera. Beautiful pics my artsisa!!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your hauntingly beautiful tag, I'm shivering with fright already! Have fun, hugs, Valerie

Candy C said...

Oh my gosh, Jackie!!! This is just over the top cool! I love everything about this tag!!! The textures and colors are very Halloween-ish. Your spider web and winged witch are amazing!!

Tristan Robin said...

very wonderful tag! love all the elements - and you certainly utilized a lot of techniques on a small tag!

thanks for sharing - Happy Hallowe'en!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You put so much wonderful stuff on that tag, Jackie! It must weigh a ton, LOL! Beautiful colours and textures! And hey, you can never have enough close-ups! Super photos!

Nancy TeWinkel said...

What camera did you get? Great photos. I love the unexpected violet/purple and the witches eyes! She could use a little sleep and a little less eye of newt

sarascloset said...

Oh, girl!!!! This is fantastic! Ghoulish, but fun! I gotta say, you're reading my creepy mind with that glow in the dark paint and liquid glass! Oh, what fun this ALL is! My favorite has to be the snake; how clever to give him scales! I can tell you had a blast making this, and that's what it's ALL about!!! I would give my eye teeth to see you create! Great use of that # 31!

In my DT hat: So happy you joined our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute! And the SE Hat: Big hugs!!!! Mwah! Sara Emily DT

Julie Lee said...

Great use of texture, Jackie! I love those spider webs and what a fantastic witchy image at the centre! As with all your projects, Jackie, this is totally individual - everything you do has your very own style and this is definitely 'Spooky - Jackie style'! Love it!

froebelsternchen said...

Absolut fantastic dear Jackie.. this is just AMAZING! I love your style!
Best wishes from
Susi

Tincan Crafter said...

Ghoulishly gorgeous - Insane amount of detail that makes everything come together in ghoulish perfection! Thanks also for leaving a nice comment on the NICECRANE DESIGNS sponsor spotlight over at Our Creative Corner. - Candice (aka Tincan Crafter from OCC)

~*~Patty S said...

Great photos Jackie and how fun to have a new camera.
This piece is spooktacular...her eyes really captivate me
and very cool to do all of this on a tag!
If only it were easier to make two of things.
oxo

Bev said...

Oh my you sure put some time and effort into this beauty it's just incredible and hoist the mark you clever girl...

Annette said...

Love the close ups and the art work. You just can't beat a real camera. lol I would safely say you enjoyed making this and we are just seeing all that you did to this little art piece. Way to go my dear xoxoxoxo

artbyjune said...

What a great card! Its so rich in color and texture!

Words and Pictures said...

Wowzer - spooktacular! Love those glossy UTEE'd cobwebs and amazing glowing background. The witch is definitely of the scary type - those eyes! - and the whole piece is full-on Halloweeny fabulous!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Woohoo. Some pretty spooky stuff my friend. Great job at all those layers and imagery. You are the master with these products. xox

Unknown said...

ADORE your work ... so much talent and knowledge goes into this tag. Thanks for sharing. hugs, Donna

Unknown said...

Heheheheh - dear me - ghoulishly wild and scaly Jackie - YUK YUK YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing about this tag that I can say I adore... except the creative way that you did everything!!!!!!!! I have a big bottle of UTEE just sitting here so you definitely inspired me to pull it out one day soon!!!! You did a fab job putting all this together in a HORRORable way Jackie. XX j.

denthe said...

omg those eyes ..... they freak me out! They were the first thing I noticed and you really managed to give her that zombie look. Love all the steps you took, amazing how many different techniques you're using!

Kotolifestyle said...

This is amazing art. I love it. Hugs // Lena

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The eyes definitely are a bit scary but I love it, so many different techniques. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

Astrid Maclean said...

Oops, really sorry I am so late with commenting.... this is amazing, what a wonderful project! Fantastic spookiness and Halloween fun, even though yes, the eyes are scary! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is awesome sauce with a lot of Halloween delight! Love the narrative as well. Your textures abound with such depth in this design and scary eyes! Mwahahaha! The glow in the dark paint and the pops of purple make this hauntingly beautiful! Wowzers!

Thanks so much for joining in our "31 Days of Hallowee " challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

aimarii said...

Only humor and fantasy are again the limits of your work. I like and the same I am frightened for snake, spider and zombie.
You have painted the strong colors. They are very Halloweenish. Or indeed I really don´t know so much of Halloween but I suppose it seems so like you have painted.
Zombie look is impressive. Now I must look that any snake, spider and zombie have not jumped here into my morning dark room.

Darlene K Campbell said...

HI Jackie, I look forward to hearing about your new camera. I just displayed the witch paper doll you made me ( well the one I received in trade from Roses). Next week is Halloween and I'll be having a gathering for fam...need you to come by and do your magical decorating for me. (Really people would hire you.) You have great talent and I'm always entertained by what you create. Hugs & Cheers-Darlene

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous tag, Jackie - I can tell you're SO in the Halloween mood! Great fun and spookily so! xo

Julia S-W said...

This is so much more than a tag Jackie!! I love all the spooky details and that utee web is a stunner. Your background is just sensational - I love how you've used the products. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Stencils. Julia x

PiaRom said...

Eeeeek a snake and she is so masked! Amazing tag! Love the colors and the bold layering° Very spooky, haha http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Jackie! What a fantastic spooktacular project! Love all the stenciled detail and layers! Thanks for sharing your creative process!

Samra said...

Great Halloween make!
Thank you so much for joining our 31 Days of Halloween challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Lisa - papergrace said...

So incredibly, awesomely spooktacular!! I love every single part of this tag. You have such a gift for the macabre! :D The face is so ghoulish it is amazing!! You rocked this and I am in love with all of the texture, too. Perfect! Thank you so very much for linking up with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. xo

Donna B. said...

Very cool project!! The details are amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Rachel said...

this is just cool and damn creepy!! i love it! and that snake is FAB! love that you added glow in the dark elements, it must look so cool at night. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Pamellia said...

Hey Jackie! Congratulations on being chosen as the Runner Up at Anything But Cute, your project is just amazing, you blew us away! Don't forget to come and grab your badge. hugs Pamellia DT :)