Friday, February 26, 2016

Fairy Heart Love with Gecko Galz & DecoArt


Today, I have some fun hearts I created for my great nieces and great nephew,using my Gecko Galz images as well as DecoArt paints.
 I had to wait to post to make sure they all received them.Without further chit chat...
here they are

 Nora
 
 Lucy
 
 Lauren

 Alice

 Colten
  I had so much fun making these,I even have a few others done that I'll share another time!

Products used:
Gecko Galz~
Little Miss
Aviary
Holiday Icons

DecoArt Americana Glazing Medium
DecoArt Glamour Dust in~
Celebration Pink
DecoArt Americana DuraClear Gloss Varnish
DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish in~ 
Lace
Innocence
Smitten
DecoArt Americana in~
Sea Breeze
DecoArt Americana Multi Surface Satin in~
Chick
​Pink Flamingo​


DecoArt Media Gesso~White 
DecoArt Dazzling Metallics in~
Peacock Pearl
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics in~
 Interference Turquoise
 
  
 Kristin Hubick of RetroArtCafe 


Enchanted,CoolMint,Firefly,NeonFlamingo,Eucalyptus,Waterfall,Tropical Tangerine,Sprinkled Sugar,True Blue
Ice Stickles~Crystal Ice
Jewel Dots
Punchinella
Vintage Valentine Cards 
Vintage Glitter 
Foam Hearts
Lace
Other various graphics  
Cardboard
Scissors      


I am linking up with these two Fab challenges...

  The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge
February's Challenge #21 GLITTER
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #21 - Glitter


 And I am also linking up with 

The Artistic Stamper Creative Team Blog Challenge
 February  Challenge - HEART ART

February Creative Challenge - HeART Art

Thanks so much for your visit, it always means the world to me!
Jackie ")

*********************
In response to a follower or two,
(you know who you are-heehee) 
I am adding to my post some directions as to how I created these hearts.
"Hearts with DecoArt Love"
 Trace hearts onto cardboard substrate and cut out.
Using Decoart Media Gesso in white,cover both sides of hearts
When dry,coat each heart,both sides with 
Americana Lace Chalky finish
 Add color using DecoArt Americana Chalky Finish and Multi Surface Satin paints
 Stencil background with lightest color and continue to
Add more color using other stencils or stamps
Mix together Glamour Dust and Americana Glazing medium and coat over each​ ​heart
  Coat hearts with Americana DuraClear Gloss Varnish

Fancy cut Gecko Galz and other graphics 
and decorate to your heart is content!
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunningly beautiful Jackie, as always!!! :)
I totally looove the rich, vibrant colours you have used for these little treasures!
Have a great weekend, hugs Sanda xoxo

Janet Ghio said...

These are all so beautiful!! Lucky nieces and nephews!!

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Such pretty vintage fairies :) but the frogs win it for me. So cute! Thanks for sharing.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, these are so beautiful. I love how you use those images; I need a lesson!!!

artbyjune said...

Beautifully done. They will be loved by the receivers!!

Dorthe said...

Jackie, hello,
They are gorgeous, so romantic ,-and fun with the frog, just so colorful and with all the lovely bling, they have been smiling happily, to receive post from you.
Dorthe xox

Renee said...

So beautiful! I'm sure they will save these forever.

~*~Patty S said...

Your Valentines are absolutely charming and beautiful.
Brilliant pops of color and design.
They surely made everyone's day ♥
oxo

Nancy TeWinkel said...

You are such a good Auntie:) beautiful!

Valerie-Jael said...

They are all gorgeous Sweetie! Hugs Valerie

Leigh said...

They're wonderful! Recipients will be receiving a real treasure.

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Pretty pretty! Romantic and sweet

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful collection of projects Jackie! So romantic! Thanks for joining along with the MMMC :)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

These hearts are so out-of-this-world magical! The bright colours and the glitter are truly enchanting. It's not hard to see which one was intended for the boy recipient - you managed to smuggle some fairytale magic into the boy design too! The froggies are so cute! I'm sure they all adored them!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh.. such wonderful and happy hearts! AMAZING are they!
I think they will be adored by your beloved ones!
I wish you a happy weekend my friend!
oxo
Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

Brilliant Jackie, love the bright colourful and playful mood of these fun hearts! And those images are delightful! I bet your nieces and nephews loved them and I can just see how much fun you had with making them too!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Completely gorgeous and awesome! LOVE the artsy backgrounds and all the alteration to the ephemera. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Jackie - these are sooooooooooo adorable. I can just imagine how their eyes popped and the love they felt when they opened these beautiful cards. Colten's was my favorite but they are all just INCREDIBLE. The colors are so fun. Loved this post!! Hugs. j.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I am very very sorry, Jackie, but if you are going to posts lovelies like these, a full tutorial WILL BE REQUIRED! ;-) Heeheehee I was like, where's the tute? No, seriously, these are darling! Hope they all sent thankyous (only 2 of 10 of mine ever do, but my own daughter's just as bad). Thanks for sharing! xoxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

gorgeous Jackie, love the colours and the images are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them. Happy crafting, Angela x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

They're all so fabulous, Jackie - lucky, lucky kidlets! xo

Julie Lee said...

Oh, these are so special, Jackie! They have a lovely fairy tale quality and how nice for your nieces and nephew have something made especially for them! How I would have loved that as a child! What sweet names your nieces and nephew have too! xx

Anonymous said...

So charming and I love that the colours are bright yet each heart has such a beautiful vintage quality to it. Adorable!
Wishes
Lynne

Bev said...

just beautiful I know they will be delighted....

Gio said...

These are so adorable and colourful and beautiful! Love them!

Anonymous said...

Charming and darling. xox

sarascloset said...

Jackie, these Valentine's sure made me smile, and I can imagine the delight of the grand kids when they received them! I tried to pick a favorite, but couldn't...they are all so cool! Love the addition of the wings and those butterflies! Makes me feel like staying home and crafting, but it's Saturday morning and you know what that means! Hugs!

Pamellia said...

Jackie, these are all just so gorgeous!! I love all the neon colours, it's a spring explosion, just what the doctor ordered during these dark days! Beautiful images too! So much fun, so bright and cheery. Think I need me some of those Dazzling Metallics! hugs :)

denthe said...

Oh, I love the colours so much Jackie! Vibrant and happy, like spring is already here :-) They will be so happy with it!

Donna B. said...

These are just too cute!! Thanks so much for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Ohh wow, wonderful fun hearts Jakie, just brilliant idea. Very interesting background with decoart paints and I love the way you have used Geko art images. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Stamper this month