Monday, February 29, 2016

Goddess loveliness with Gecko Galz


 Geesh if you were born on this day,well,lucky you not having to age for another 4 years!! heehee

Today I have two more Goddess pieces for my journal...
the first is in progress...I am still working out just what sort of background she would look best on,so stay tuned!
 Here,I layered several coats of DecoArt crackle glaze to give a look of a frosted window.Not quite sure that I succeeded with the frosted look,but I do love the result anyway!
 The gorgeous background paper is from Gecko Galz as well as the beautiful women graphics.These colors~simply stunning!
Believe it or not,this was printed using my Epson ink jet printer!
Next up is my previous shown angel avatar, now adorned on her own page,ready for journal placement.
I used lots of stencils,modeling paste,embossing powders and handmade paper.
yummy textures...
 do you love texture as much as I do?!
One more item to share...
This is a blog stamp from Gecko Galz that I painted using DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics,used as watercolors.Once again,this is not finished and will show up in another post when I have created the perfect setting for it! heehee ")
 ************
 and now for your promised monthly blog stamp,courtesy of Gecko Galz!!



Gecko Galz products used:
Golden Splendors #1

Poppy Fields Paper from Art Nouveau Digital Paper Pack

Twig Arch Digital Stamp from Spring Gems Stamp Set


Be sure and stop back tomorrow for Gecko Galz March Challenge!
Thank you for your visit!
 Jackie ")

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous work Sweetie! Hugs, Valerie

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous journal pages. I love how you use those images. I need a lesson!!! Oh frosted glass....watered down white fluid acrylics then add the crackle glaze. Or I've waited for the crackle to dry and used watered down fluid acrylics on top. Try it out on something first to see if you like it. oxoxoxox

Candy C said...

Jackie...these are awesome pieces. Love the goddess page. Love all of the texture and vivid color. Love the background papers and the DecoArt Crackle Glaze. Your second piece is really pretty as well. Yes, I love layers! You've done a beautiful job of combining color, texture and images! Love all of the texture you've gotten with the modeling paste!

~*~Patty S said...

Hiya Dear Jackie~
I am determined to leave you a comment.
When I visit you by way of Bloglovin it does not open your comment box?
So back to my blog sidebar cause I just have to say how gorgeous your frosted glass goddess is. Those rich colors and textures ooh la laa!
Your angel avatar is so very lovely too!
Happy Leap Day
February seemed to breeze by quickly!
oxo

froebelsternchen said...

The goddess page is amazing and the angel page is fantastic as well Jackie ! WOW!
Yes I love texture as well.. your special beautiful textures are always unique!
Wonderful!

Happy Leap Day!
oxo
Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

Beautiful pieces all of them but my favourite has to be number 2. You are really rocking these Gecko products!

Happy leap day to you :o)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Such wonderful textures everywhere! Love the frosted look and the avatar looks awesome as well! I can really appreciate all the details in the close-ups. Happy Leap Year to you too, Jackie! :)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wonderful pieces. The first one is worthy of a gallery.

Bev said...

Wow lots of colour and fabulous texture both great pieces...

Annette said...

Hi dear lady, loving your blog and your art. The last piece with the roses is beautiful. Well they all are and textures are awesome aren't they? oxox

sarascloset said...

That's it!!! I'm moving my birthday! Love your latest artwork--my favorite is that texture-y background to house your angel. Yummy, yes! You have been a busy little bee in your art barn, haven't you? Your work is brilliant! Hugs!

Pamellia said...

Wow, this post is just overflowing with glorious colours, amazing textures and art that should be hanging in a gallery somewhere! So many wonderful details here Jackie, I am in awe of the creativity and amazing style you have! hugs :)

Unknown said...

WOW! Jackie, what a fantastic work! I'm totally in love with your wonderful art! The texture, the colours are simply GORGEOUS!!! Much love, Sanda xoxo

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely pieces, Jackie - beyond creative! I suspect that you're overdosing on the fun in your studio!

denthe said...


oh Jackie, I'm in love with that second background! The texture, the colours, oh, so beautiful .... And I think you succeeded with the frosted look in the first piece :-)

Anonymous said...

Divine! The frosted glass is absolutely perfection and was made to be paired with such an image. It really is breathtaking.
A most beautiful blog post brimming over with inspirational art.
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious intense colours, and wonderful use of the crackle to add even more shine and depth - amazing Goddesses!
Alison x