Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Vintage Shabby Chic Easter Greeting


 Good Morning and happy 1st of March!

  Spring is right around the corner~hopefully! 

Today I am sharing my design team sample for our new challenge over at Gecko Galz!


This month our challenge theme is
"Shabby Chic Easter!"
March 1st to the 30th
  Feel free to grab our badge,and share on your blogs.
There is only one rule,and that is you need to use at least ONE  product from Gecko Galz!!  
It can be one of the free products,stamps,collage images, or digital papers!!
The winner will receive a $25 Gecko Galz Shopping Spree 
(btw,this is how I started accumulating my fab selection of Gecko Galz products!)
You gotta be in it to win it! 

On to my sample!
A few simple ingredients to get started...
Gecko Galz image
paper
scissors
glue
cardboard for backing
vintage lace
embellishments(as needed)
 and Coffee!

For my backing,I used a piece of recycled packaging material.
 photos showing some of my saved stash!
 (we all get these,why not use them instead of adding to a landfill?!)
 
















Next up choose paper for background 
 Once I had my paper and image,I figured placement and started to cut into the paper different sections that I wanted to overlap onto the image


Time for coffee!
Seriously,not just for drinking!
 My coffee staining has been inspired by the extremely talented artist Lynne Moncrieff,whom regularly uses coffee in her art to achieve that beautiful vintage look!
 Thank you Lynne for the inspiration❤

 After a few layers of coffee,I trimmed around my edges,crumpled my paper,sanded and scuffed areas and then used my Tim tool on the edges

next a few more coats of coffee stain
 Place my image into the paper cuts and glue down.Cut out a few more flowers to add around the border...
 The coffee stained vintage lace was glued and secured with one tiny staple on each side and
a small flower embellie was glued in place.
On with the photo shoot!

I took advantage of our 62 degree day!Gorgeous!!
my poor bulbs are confused- I do hope they survive!



Hope to have inspired you to join in on our 
Gecko Galz challenge March 1-3o
And make sure to stop by the other Galz' blogs as each one has a FREE stamp for you to download!



I have not been around some of your blogs recently,but will return soon~pinky promise!
Thank you so very much for coming by and leaving the love! 
You all mean so very much to me!
Here's to sunny warm days and creative energy!
hugs,
Jackie ")

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, hugs, Valerie

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Looks like Spring has well and truly arrived in your part of the world, Jackie! It's positively springy here too! Loving the staging of your beautiful project! Puts me right in the mood for Easter! I've got that distress tool too and always forget to use it! Time to dust it off I think! The coffee stains work great with this as well as the cute lace ribbon! Enjoy the sunshine!

Nancy TeWinkel said...

Ah, sunshine and light. The hope of Spring. Perfect boost for a snowy gray day:)

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful project with the nicest vintage feel to it! Lovely!
Hope spring will come soon...
snow again today here....

Happy March Jackie!
oxo
Susi

Felicia said...

Jackie, you always amaze me with your lovely projects! This is so precious! Thumbs up my friend! Love seeing those little bulbs coming up with fresh, new life! I hope they make it too lady! :) Thanks, as always, for sharing such a lovely project! :) Blessings to you

Jeanne Draachreider said...

Even more beautiful now that I see how you went about it. I've used coffee for staining paper before, but not in the way you've done it, and the crinkled sanded paper added the perfect vintage touch. well done my dear. XO

Julie Lee said...

Lovely vintage creation, Jackie.It really does speak of the hope of Spring. I too am a huge fan of Lynne Moncrieff. She is so inspiring!xx

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Jackie, what a gorgeous Easter project!! I love that image and you did such an amazing job altering it, so vintage and fabulous!! Seems we are both in Easter mode today, great minds and all that. tee hee. hugs :)

~*~Patty S said...

Bright and Happy certainly describe this precious creation dear Jackie ♥
Love how you photographed it too.
Happy March oxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely Jackie. I'm going to have to pop over there for a closer look. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

Gio said...

Your hanging is so lovely and warm, Jackie , definitely Spring!

Words and Pictures said...

Well that definitely has a springtime feel (even with the snow in the background!) - gorgeous fresh colours and so pretty. We had two glorious days of sunshine for our two days off at the beginning of our time here in Hong Kong, but it's now gone grey and misty, so it's not such a hardship to be back in the theatre!!
Alison x

Leigh said...

Hi Jackie,

You were one of the winners of my "How To Bake Without Baking Powder" eBook giveaway. I can't find an email address for you, so you'll need to email me so I can send you the code. :)

Electra said...

Your work is always so lovely, Jackie!