Sunday, May 1, 2016

In The Garden of Dreams


In the Garden of Dreams with Gecko Galz
 Time for a new challenge- why not join in?!




It's time for a New Gecko Galz Customer Challenge!!  



This month our Challenge theme is"Garden of Dreams!"
May 1st to the 30th.
Feel free to grab our badge in the left column, and share on your blogs.
There is only one rule, and that is you need to use at least ONE  product from Gecko Galz!!  

It can be one of the free products, stamps, collage images, or digital papers!!  It is up to you!!

The winner will receive a $25 Gecko Galz Shopping Spree


This month when you shop at the Gecko Galz Etsy shop and spend $2 or more you can save 40% off your purchases by using code SAVEFORAPRIL16 when you check out. It is a great time to stock up on your spring products or pay your deposit for a Gecko Galz Retreat!



Here are three pages I have put together for my new Dream Garden Book.
 As you can see, I have used some oversized playing cards I picked up at a yard sale- perfect size for some playful art!

Gessoed both the front and back sides of the cards and created the following...





 I think on this one, I am going to add to the phrase...
"or flowers if they like"!
Three down and three or more to go...I'll be sure to share when they are finished! Thanks so much for your visit!

Gecko Galz collage sheets used:
Life Altering
Let Them Eat Cake
Butterflies
Behind Door number 1
Fair Maidens



Jackie ")



14 comments:

artbyjune said...

Beauties Jackie!

Bev said...

Wonderful works and how cool to find large cards ,plenty to art on lol

Dorthe said...

They will look beautiful in your dream garden book, so filled with happy garden colors, and beauty !! Are you going to bind the pages together with strings ?
Have a lovely day Jackie !!

Words and Pictures said...

So luscious - full of rich jewel-like colours - a magical summer garden of pages!
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

Oh, my Goodness, Jackie! I love your garden of dreams! The colours and the images are so vivid and imaginative! I feel as if I want to just step into these creations and lose myself in these wonderful worlds! xx

Electra said...

Love that door, Jackie, and those blue/violet flowers are so wispy on your playing cards. How did you do them?

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, you really went to town with these, Jackie! I love altering cards too - I don't know what it is about them - perhaps the rounded corners? They're all very different, but somehow belong together! Your beautiful style ties them together!

Pamellia said...

I love the oversize playing card idea! What a fabulous transformation these cards made, the colours are just brilliant and I love your vintage style images! STUNNING!! Hope you had a wonderful week while I was away. sending hugs :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

They are gorgeous Jackie. You had better show us the rest when complete Lol!
Have a great crafty week, Angela x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh please do show us all of them. Quite delightful! xoxo

Tincan Crafter said...

Well Jackie, I think by now you know how beautiful I think your work is - but I had to comment on this post to tell you - you had me scrolling down to see what the rest of the deck looked like. Please do some more and share it - I cant wait to see the rest. - Candice -

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow Jackie .. they are all fantastic - a feast for my eyes! Just great! oxo Susi

Gio said...

I love all of them Jackie. Such a brilliant idea to alter these giant cards, well done!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Okay, these are my favorites. You could print them. Also think the cards would be awesome in a handmade box. This reminds me of the style of work you did when we first met over at Strathmore. Wonderful! Cheers- Darlene (Note: sorry it has taken me so long to visit your blog lately. I've been writing and that activity seems to take over my time.)