Thursday, May 5, 2016

Prizes and other happenings....

A bit of sharing here today...
kinda long with lots of photos,so grab a cuppa! 

Recently I was on a blog hop for Rubber Dance Stamps and Eye Connect Crafts.
These are the cool gifts I won! Check out the great stamps Bibi has for sale-she really has a varied assortment!
 Thank you so much Bibi and Erin from Eye Connect










 I'll be sure to to post my projects when I use my new treasures!
 

 Then.. in the mail I received this fabulous package of ephemera and art from a fabulous artist and friend 
These came all the way from Mexico!!
 (the country not Mexico,New York)
Moni even added some of her beautiful art! I am so happy!!Thank you sweet Moni! xx


 And here we have two ACEOs from my far away friend and TextileCuisine Artist Bozena Wojtaszek. 
These came all the way from Poland!! I adore her beautiful textile artwork,just gorgeous!!
This is a quote from Bozena on ACEO's,for those of you unfamiliar...
 "ACEO is for Art Cards Editions and Originals. The ONLY rule is the size, which is 2.5 x 3.5 inches (6.4 x 8.9 cms) just like sports cards but far more interesting :)"

ACEO can be sold,unlike ATC's
This one was a gift from Bozena!
thank you dear friend!

And last week I received this Stampington magazine along with these wonderful illustration Zines from my bestest Ohio and first ever on line friend  Darlene K. Campbell of FreenieBelle Blogspot

 I adore Darlene's illustrations- Zebra and The Kingly King! If you have never read any of her comics-do check them out-they really are hysterical.
 Darlene writes and illustrates based on "characters" she meets everyday.
 True life really is funny!!
This is a journal spread I made using a recipe for natural bug spray that Darlene sent to me-thought I would share what I did with it.


and finally we got together with a handful of our cousins on my Mom's side,for a traditional German Sauerbraten dinner,with mashed potatoes and fried egg noodles.
My Mom made the best Sauerbraten ever and it was always my pick for my birthday dinner-much to my siblings chagrin(apparently,they didn't love it as much as I do!)
 My cousin Laurie in the yellow on the left was our cook and hostess,and it was her birthday as well,so I made this cake to celebrate her!
(a little artsy madness with the frosting! heehee)
and have you ever watched Scary Movie 2?
Well,cousin Debbie,pink striped shirt,shared with us,cousin Kristen's aversion,the one covering her face) to the creepy guy in the movie(above photo) so naturally, we all had to share in a photo our creepy strong hands! Ewwwwwwwwwe!!
Okay,
One last photo...my sons are not ready for children yet "( so I thought I would show them just how good I looked as a gramma with Kristen's baby girl Emily- hoping they will get the hint!!

Thanks so much for your visit and indulgence of a long post with me today!
 I am always so happy when you visit and leave blog love! 
Jackie ")






16 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

What wonderful happy mail your received. YES, YES, you would be the best grandmother ever!!!!

~*~Patty S said...

You certainly know how to put a smile on our faces Jackie sharing so much artsy goodness and precious family times too!
Life is good ♥
You would be a wonderful grandma I'm sure...no pressure of course ;-)
It was fun catching up with you...thank you for sharing!
Happy May dear one
oxo

Bozena Wojtaszek said...

Oh my, Jackie what a surprise to find myself in your blog :) I'm so happy that you liked my humble cards!
And, just so you know, I have no clue what your Sauerbraten is but judging from the German gen, I'm your soul/taste sister on this one. Sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) is my all time favorite food :)

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Wow you got some beautiful happy mail :) a fine looking family too!

Annette said...

wonderful mail, happy mail just love it all Hugs my dear xoxoxo

aimarii said...

You had like the christmas. I mean you got so much nice gifts.
Lovely time you have had together with the cousins and what the best - was very good to eat. i whisper to you(don´t tell anyone) I should like to taste the cake. ♥
Maybe you must only wait for the time of grandma.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Jackie, It is so cool and shows your genuine spirit of friendship when you show a lovely thank you post like this one. Fun to see what you receive as snail mail and also great to know people still send out snail mail. Thank you for the beautiful and heartfelt write up you did about me. You're so kind and make me sound great. (ha ha) I also think it is wonderful to receive mixed media supplies from another artist you admire (Moni) and can create with materials that were once in her studio. Spreading the magic creative energy. Cheers-Darlene

Bev said...

Well what a wonderful post love all your happy mail and your beautiful face ...

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You lucky girl! Great prizes and Happy Mail and what lovely photos! That's HDR to the extreme LOL! Pump up the volume, yay!

Electra said...

Isn't real mail wonderful! Congratulations on your win and I hope your sons get the hint. You make a perfect gramma!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Haven't you had a beautifully rich time since your last post! I love that your whole life is redolent with art, friends, and marvellous happenings. Have a Happy Mother's Day, my friend! xo

Gio said...

Such an happy post! Gorgeous gifts and wonderful pictures of you and your family, Jackie!:-)

Candy C said...

Jackie....thanks for the very sweet comment you left on my blog! You're such a doll! I was reading your blog post and just ooohing and aaahing over all of your goodies from wonderful friends. First of all, congrats on your blog hop win! Those are some cool items you received and I have no doubt you'll create something wonderful with them. All of the gifts you've received from blog buddies and artists are awesome! Talk about inspiration...just from those pieces! You're a very loved girl, that's for sure. The pics with the family....priceless and hysterical! Have a fab day! <3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie what a busy post is this and all those goodies just prove how much people love you. Gorgeous photos too. Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela xXx

froebelsternchen said...

What a happy happy post Jackie! That all looks so nice - and I adore the cake you made and would have enjoyed that Sauerbraten! I love it as well!
You look super as a grandma - indeed!
♥♥♥
oxo Susi

denthe said...

These are such fun pictures Jackie, and I'm sure your sons will one day give you one of your own grandchildren and you'll be a wonderful grandma :-) And lucky you to receive so much arty goodness in the mail! As soon as I have unpacked my boxes a little package from Belgium might come your way ;-)