Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Feeling naugh-ti-cal?

 So sorry about the bad pin,I mean,pun for a title! teeheehee

Here it is the end of August already and my post today completes the Taking it Nautical Challenge over at Gecko Galz. 
Sorry if you missed the challenge,my July post never went live as I was down for the count with a summer flu at the beginning of the month.
Anyway,onto the pieces I put together for this challenge.
I give you, my fab garage sale find~this Fish Book
which has now become
 a colorful 
  feast of fishy tails
 and other
 seaside
  and underwater
page in process

  adventures!

 At this point,the cover remains the same,although I think he needs a pop of color,so he may change. Inside,the book is filled with many fish recipes,a few which I may decide to keep in and work around.
 This has been been a fun substrate to work with and I look forward to adding more and more mediums,collages and artwork as I go. 
 I be back another day with more to share is this fishy book of fun!

Gecko Galz Collage Sheets used:
Nautical 1
Nautical 2
Sun Moon and Stars 2
Beauties on the Beach 1
Sea Nymphs 2
Stamp from Mermaid Garden Stamp Set

other Products used:
DecoArt Americana Acrylics
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics
DecoArt Liquid Glass

Stencils:
Red Lead
Donna Downey
RetroCafeArt Gallery
Tattered Angels
Tim Holtz

Other Collage Graphics:
DigitalCollageSheetsCompany
Laura Carson of Artfully Musing 

Don't forget to grab your Free blog stamp from Gecko Galz...
here is one from August 
and July's stamp as well...




Thanks so much for your visit and I hope to be back posting more soon. Summer kinda takes over and well,it only comes once a year!
Have a great day!
Jackie ")





9 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh I just love this book. The pages are so colorful. I can't wait to see what you do with the cover.

Bev said...

Oh great fun love your new rendition...

Michele said...

utterly stunning pages, wow! so full of rich color. thanks for the freebie too! xio

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a fun journal! That fish book was a great find and fell into the perfect pair of hands! Love the themed pages and the title 'naugh-ti-cal' cracked me up! Enjoy what's left of the Summer, Jackie!

~*~Patty S said...

OH who could not feel nautical after seeing all of your lovely creativity here dear Jackie!
Wonderful textures and designs on all of your pages.
Your "walk on the wild side" speaks to me especially ♥
Sorry you were under the weather...bummer.
Hope you are feeling good as new now * Happy September (already!) oxo
p.s. I see you are already in an autumn mood too and have been busy busy busy!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

You've been having way too much fun while I've been locked in the studio. Way to go on all the nautical work. Beautiful, my friend. xo

Bibi Lindahl said...

Oh, WOW! This is aawwwesome, Jackie! And I LOVE the pun! Wish I had thought of that ;)
Thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my interview post! ♥

aimarii said...

I like this life at sea.
Nice pages.

Words and Pictures said...

You're doing better at catching up than I am!! What a fantastic find that book was, and what an nautical treasure trove you've created from it. There's so much colour and imagination in this - all those underwater worlds to explore - brilliant!

Okay, so it's a fair point - "I think I was going off-piste with that, as is my wont in classes." - I must have been feeling very Shakespearean when I wrote that (which is understandable given I'm in the middle of directing Romeo&Juliet). Not that off-piste is Shakespearean... just ski-ing slang. I meant I was doing something outside of the main instruction which had been given (so going off the marked track or piste), and that's something I seem to do quite often in classes. I sort of follow the leader, but give it my own twist. Wont is definitely an old-fashioned sort of word, though a really useful one - it means "my usual behaviour" or "my inclination/tendency". I use it a lot, but I shouldn't take it for granted!! Thanks for asking.
Alison xx