Friday, August 5, 2016

Part three of the journey


In between posts,much is happening around here,but mainly HEAT- and more heat! and no rain since the last I shared.
We are in a severe drought,as is much of the country and it is very scary.
 Last night,Rile and I watched a special on The Colorado River. I know there are always other sides to the story,but this show really made me think about our own water consumption and how we have already taken small steps to cut back,but should try and do more.
 It seems that the Colorado River is going dry-why? because other states are tapping into this natural resource;and using a lot of it! Yes,there is need for water for agriculture,and yes,for drinking and bathing,but come on people...for watering your lawns so you can have green?? Hey folks,you live in the desert,you chose to live in the desert-it is dry there-it has always been dry there.Why on earth would you plant grass and other plants that are not natural to the surroundings?? The watering of the lawns,well, makes the hair on neck curl!
And don't even get me started on how much water Vegas uses in it's fountains and water shows!
Mother Earth has only so much to give,and when it's gone,that's all folks! 

I think during this time we could all be a bit reflective and use a little less water-I mean a little goes a long way-right?
that's all I have to say on this and
           I thank you for indulging me if you are still here...
now on to my post 

When last we met,we had finally arrived in Washington
 Len showing us the way! heehee
 Was Chum ever so happy to be out of that motorhome and running around!
Len and Riley telling Neda that if she wants a puppy, yes, she must pick up the poop as well! LOL
 Neda set up our bedroom so beautifully-with fountain, fresh flowers and mood lighting!
 





 Len and Neda had to work some days,so Rile and I went out searching for treasures from garage sales,yes,we did score!
 Found this box for Len and Neda-can't wait to see what they do with it!
 These flowers and Bamboo trees were in a yard in a residential neighborhood-soooo beautiful!
later,we found this picnic park and swimming lake and were impressed at how they have life jackets to share for the children













 our first attempt at a selfie
Road trip with the kids-out on the town to Seattle
 
knuckleheads!

















Off we went to the Pike's Place Market
 home of the infamous,did I say GROSS, Gum Wall
 Cool wall art
 Forcing Len to do a selfie with Mom! teehee
 check out the restroom sign- made me lol!
 Pike's Place Fish Company- and no they did not throw FRESH fish, only packaged frozen- I was disappointed "(
 












but there absolutely was some of the biggest lobster and Salmon I have ever seen!! YUM!

 I was loving this Harvester- what a great idea!
 lots of entertainment as well
 these dates were outrageously delish!!!
 and this is where we ate...
 especially after reading the reviews! haahaaa
 Hubby bought me some posies~so naturally I posied with them  teeheehee ")
 and I absolutely love this photo! 
My Len loves his Neda- he is such a doting husband! ❤
 This is the first Starbuck's ever...
and no we did not wait in the lines....
  Next up a drive across the city to The Space Needle
which we did not go in as again,the lines were Ginormous!! 
And I was ever so happy to go into The Chihuly Glass Museum instead!
hang on, lots of photos....
 
 
 This part of the exhibit is called 
"The Persian Ceiling"

 
 Glorious Art Glass!
 

 
 
 Outside the art glass was planted with flowers and ferns in the gardens-What a spectacular display!
 
 

 












and here is where my camera battery died!
 Fortunately for you-huh?!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next up,one of our last mornings here,we went out for a yummy breakfast~had to show this off~it was the absolute best!!
 
and will you look at the size of that pecker!!! I love that there is art work everywhere in this state~it made me feel at home!
 Off to another public market, this one on the Sound
 grooving to the beat!
 fabulous sprouts! yummy, fresh and healthy!
 and even Chum was to receive some yummy treats!
 Looking out over the Puget Sound

 I so wanted to gather rocks to bring home, but Riley threatened to leave me behind in place of the rocks! heeheee
 How's that for a fishing charter?! Makes me want to go-heeehee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In between these shared photos we did tons more. Like from teaching Len the easy way to boil off tomato skins, why? because my son makes his own tomato paste and sauce,using his freshly grown herbs and spices! Totally delicious,BTW!
One of our favorite things to do was hang out at home and play Uno and Phase 10 and laugh and laugh! 
 Neda and I played art together while Len and Riley worked on computers and electronics and discussed gardening. And we ate tons of fresh fruit that was absolutely the sweetest and most delicious!
This is the canvas I created for Len and Neda's home. 
Neda loves warm colors,and the patterns I used reminded me of her Persian background.
 I am proud to say that both Len&Neda love it and have it hanging in their home.
We really had such a delightful visit and I miss Len and Neda so much already!
Chum waiting to be loaded in to the motorhome
The kids were at work when we left(which was better,I did all my crying the night before)
  Rile jumping over the beam,and off we go
next time,Homeward bound...
Thanks so much for joining and hanging in with  me on this visit
Namaste'
Jackie

26 comments:

Judy Shea said...

Wow.. what a trip. Looks like you're having a blast. Be safe. Miss you.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Jackie, the canvas you created is rich with texture and vibrant colour. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. hugs, Teresa

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, your canvas is gorgeous as always. I love Seattle, it's very artsy. Sorry you didn't see any flying fish. I did!!!! Someone placed a large order for a dinner and fish were flying every where!!! See you soooooon!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your colourful and textured art, and all those photos of your trip. Nice to see all your faces, too, you all look lovely, great to have a happy family. Love all the art and glass you saw, loved everything except perhaps for that gum wall (yuck!!) Thanks for sharing Sweetie! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

OMG Jackie, what a delightful blog post!!!Thank you so mmuch for sharing your trip with us! Your canvas is utterly FANTASTIC!!! Looove the colour scheme, the patterns and all the details! Fabulous work my friend!Hugs, Sanda xxx

Maggie said...

Wow! Incredible photos! I enjoyed them all. What a great trip you had!

Dorthe said...

Jackie ,dear, firstly about the water problems you have... we have seen TV programs, send here in DK, about the many problems in some areas of USA ,of not having water enough, and dried out rivers, so sad, and awful, for many people, and I surely say YAY for your statement , and think it is very wise to slow down with watering grass lawns and other things, not belonging in the desert ,-I know I`m not living there, and then maybe should not talk, but also here, we try to save water, in our daily doings !!!!
And then your wonderful tour to see your son and his wife, so glad you had this great trip, and all you saw, and experienced! You have so many beautiful memories home with you. The canvas is fabulous ,too -they will love it always !!
Hugs,Dorthe

Julie Lee said...

Wow! Jackie, this is an amazing post! I so agree with you about the water! Why create gardens that would be better suited to some other climate? Desert gardens of cacti and rock and stone and plants that survive on very little moisture can be amazing and so much more appropriate and they don't require all that waste of water! I absolutely loved all your pics! I couldn't get enough and I felt like I was travelling with you! No wonder Len loves Neda, she looks so beautiful, but also there is kindness and goodness in her face too. What a gorgeous piece of art you created for them. I love the colours and the textures and it reminded me of ancient mythology with a dash of Maxfield Parrish! Oh, yes and that glass in among the shapes was spectacular! Phew, now I need a holiday! Thank You for always bringing us laughter, colour and fun! xxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful post, travelogue, and thoughtful observations about the water supply. I couldn't agree with you more. Am feeling a tad bit envious of your visit to the glass display - such glorious works! Thanks for sharing your journey! xo

Gerda said...

Wow you have had a great holiday. I love the posies they are my favorite, because of the colors and delicious smell.The glass museum is awesome. Looking for treasures on garage sales, is one of my favorite things to do. Thanks for sharing my friend. xo

Redanne said...

What a beautiful canvas and a fascinating and interesting post, I loved reading all about your trip (I love Seattle, one of my fav US cities) and the photos from the glass museum are incredible!! Thanks so much for sharing all of this with us!

I agree with your little rant over water too, all you are doing is speaking common sense, just a shame that so much gets wasted.... Even though we live on an island, something as simple as a hot summer can cause drought here too and a few people still carry on watering gardens etc., very sad.

Anne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, brilliant post. Love it all but especially the glass museum. I wish some people would just take time out to think about what they are doing when it comes to Earth resources. Everyone of us is responsible for taking care of the earth and not just taking it for granted otherwise we could end up like the dinosaurs even though we are supposed to be more intelligent than them sometimes I wonder.
I hope you have a lovely weekend and I look forward to the next instalment of your travels, it's been lovely sharing this with you.
Angela xXx

Bev said...

Wonderful shots and great time you had your art is so beautiful not surprised they loved it...

Words and Pictures said...

What an amazing trip you had... so fantastic to spend time with family en route too - and so many great sights and experiences. Love the extraordinary glasswork from the museum, and your beautiful artwork left to decorate Len and Neda's home. Thank you for inviting us along on the trip... and thank you for sharing your powerful water plea too.
Alison x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, wow, wow! So many photos! All those textures and colours are a feast for the eyes! I totally agree with you about the water. During prolonged dry periods, there's always a hosepipe ban in Britain. It doesn't happen very often though as it rains so much over here. Love following you around on your travels, Jackie! Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Namaste.,Jackie. always love to see your posts.
Yes, we in India too have water problems and we need to respect mother earth.
Lovely colourful art that you have created. and beautiful glass sculptures that you visited.
Enjoy, stay blessed. :)

Annette said...

Oh my goodness Jackie P. I don 't know where to start this is all wonderful and the glass sculptures are such eye candy. We did see one of his displays in Dallas and then in Vegas. Chum and the ball. Our Charlie has on just like it, we do have to get a new one often, he chews the handles off. lol the art piece is so colorful and I could go on but love every word and picture and experience you shared. oxxooxxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Jackie~ what a fun fun trip! I felt like I went with you all! :-)
I love all the art too! It is in the low 80's here today and I said no more air conditioning. Stay cool and I hope rain comes, we have had little in Michigan as well and forest fires!

froebelsternchen said...

What an AMAZING trip Jackie and I am thrilled about all the wonderful art and impressions in that fantastic post! Thank you so much for sharing with us!
♥♥♥

Happy Sunday!
oxo Susi

Gaby Bee said...

WOW, what a wonderful holiday you've had, Jackie. I loved reading all about your trip and I really enjoyed seeing all your wonderful photos, especially the glass sculptures from the museum. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Your canvas looks amazing, Jackie. You have outdone yourself.

Gaby xo

Pamellia said...

Wow Jackie, that was a fun post!! I'm so jealous that you got to visit the glass museum, I have always wanted to go there!! I'm so happy to see those photos, it's just as amazing as I imagined! Looks like you really had a great time, so much to see and do there. Love the ceiling of umbrellas too, wow! Your art piece is beautiful, they must have been over the moon to hang such a beauty on their wall. Don't even get me started on the whole drought and water thing, I just hate people taking advantage of the planet like that. I agree with you about Vegas, what idiot thought it would be a good idea to build a city in the middle of the desert anyway! Argh!! Well, I haven't been able to find a mention of exactly where you live, best I've heard is Upstate New York, so I will just say I'm about 90 minutes from Buffalo, 7 hours from NY city. See, told you... close!! Hugs to you :)

~*~Patty S said...

OK at the risk of you thinking me feeble ... without your photos handy to refer back to once I've clicked into comments I had to jot down a few notes so I could comment coherently :-) (sad isn't it LOL!)
Watering to mow with gas powered mowers which when mowing for an hour is like taking a 100 mile car trip! INSANE.
When some Chinese neighbors moved in years ago the first thing they did was plant a huge vegie garden. I was so humbled to see the wife water each plant with a tea cup dipped from a bucket. Such reverence for our precious water. Well you know what's happened because we learn by what others do. They are the nicest people and not wasteful but do use their hose to water now.
Len ♥ Neda are the sweetest couple and no wonder they Loved that glorious canvas you made for them Jackie! It made me think of those two L♥vebirds. How lucky are you and how lucky is Neda to have such a sweet and talented MIL. Beautiful touches for you in the guest room...quite the royal treatment.
Seattle looks and sounds fun!
Did you try THE BEST CHOWDER? Was it?
Tossing frozen fish OUCH no wrong moves.
What a guy you have choosing that gorgeous Sweet Pea bouquet for you!!!!
CHIHULY!!! Oh how we adore that guy ... just another reason we want/need to visit Seattle. We have enjoyed his installations in San Francisco, Denver and Richmond, VA. I got a neck ache gazing upon that stunning Persian ceiling!
Have to look up PHASE 10 ... sounds like a UFO game LOL!
Thanks for sharing Missy!
Now I need to go back again and just click on your photos for a better lookie look.
oxo
p.s. little late coming to visit but I did not want to rush...we are neck deep in house renovations which led to cleaning out our garage which has never had a car in it but was chuck full...Mr M is making another run to the dump and the charity shop too (we both have to only go to the drop off door and stay out of the charity shop...it's huge and called UNIQUE...danger danger danger ... looks like you and Riley have so much fun and you always do such great things with the treasures you rescue. Our rescuing days are behind us). OK I did get chatty didn't I ♥♥♥ Tootles!

Gio said...

Thanks so much for sharing this trip with us. From your lovely family to the beautiful art on display on Seattle to the marvellous canvas. Ok, ok, it so my style, the things I love most like bright colours, beautiful images and scrumptious texture, but hey, they were crazy if they don't hang it!;-)

Kay Wallace said...

What a trip, Jackie! Your skill in photography is phenomenal! Love the post also was sprinkled with your art-- of which I am a big fan, as you no. Great post to come on my friend?

Kay Wallace said...

What a trip, Jackie! Your skill in photography is phenomenal! Love the post also was sprinkled with your art-- of which I am a big fan, as you no. Great post to come on my friend?

aimarii said...

Your summer trip was amazing great. Certainly lovely to go visit to own child. I think I know that feelings.
I liked very much to read this. ♥
Away from home good, but at home the best.