Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Journey in June~Part 2





Before going into the second part of westward photo journey, I wanted to share the video I made yesterday of the glorious rainfall we finally had!
This is only the second time we have had rain at our home since May-it was very much a welcome sight!

************************************************************************************

In our case, driving straight across the country became long and monotonous,and mountainous as well. We did not stop to see sights till on the way home as we wanted to get to my son's in Washington.
I did manage to shoot some beautiful photos taken from our moving motorhome....
Our ride through Wyoming was brief but beautiful! 
 These are Pronghorn Antelope- they dot the landscape all across the mid and west states
 
 We saw many scenes like this,of horses along side of the road, with no farms or homesteads in site
  Chum could care less...he just "acted" totally exhausted")
 
 The landscape out here is covered with sage brush and is it ever ouchy!!
 I just thought this was the coolest picture!


Montana
 Into Montana Big Sky Country they call it....
 When you see the Yellowstone signs,they are deceiving as Yellowstone covers more than 3,468 miles
 Vintage steampunkery on the hillside
 These fabulous rock formations are all along the

  and did I mention that my husband doesn't like heights or mountains? heehee
Ask my Riley how he now feels about heights and mountains..
or maybe you shouldn't! LOL

 
More mountains,but Idaho is in sight!
 I absolutely fell in love with this landscape- is it not GORGEOUS!! I have no idea why the colors are  what they are, but it was truly stunning to see!
  At last...
 Idaho!
 there is a sheer drop off cliff to my right...I'm not looking I'm not looking...

going through the Snoqualmie Pass
right into Washington- AMen!!!

   The Columbia River....
 
 Thank you Momma for opening the bed,I am just so exhausted from all of this riding!
 
 Please no more mountains!
Only another 4+ hours to go- argh!!
 You know with kids how when it gets quiet,you'd better check on them?
 I turned around to find Chum like this!!!!
 I don't know if the heights got to him or what!
Silly dog!!!
 just outside of Seattle- 
 Chum walking Daddy
Chum and Momma posing
 okay, more mountains, yes, but does anyone else see what I saw here in these photos???
Let me know in your comments what you see
  and for the next time...Len &Neda's and some sweet artwork!
Thanks so much for your indulgence today...next post of the trip will have no mountains,promise!but some totally cool art!!
Jackie ")

17 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous pics! Love the colors of that mountain. Yes, I see a face and it's also wearing a hat!

Valerie-Jael said...

You sure saw some wonderful sights on your trip, thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Glad you got some much needed rain, too. Hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

Wow Jackie, your photos are brilliant!! I love all the mountain ones in particular - superb. Thanks so much for sharing them. Anne xx

~*~Patty S said...

Well it rained and then it rained harder didn't it with some thumper bumpers even.
We could use some rain here in Virginia where it is HOT HOT HOT.
Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and Washington are places we would very much enjoy seeing. Seeing your gorgeous mtn pics brings out the Heidi in me Jackie ;-)
What are those silver thingies being transported by train??? Very cool photo.
Chum is so cute and so are you and your Mr.
I thought maybe Chum found a snack bag...
So nice of you to share some photos from your travels.
This is indeed a beautiful country... looking forward to more!
oxo

Annette said...

Hi love this part of the world and good to see the wind turbine blades in that area. They are so big aren't they? We have not idea how big they are until you see loaded like that. We have lots of them here. Love seeing Chum working so hard on the trip and thanks for sharing all the photos. Lots of minerals in those mountains and the colors they make are just breath taking aren't they? Oh I think I saw a bear in a tree? My computer wouldn't bring it up very close. Bad eyes lol Have fun and again we love that part of the world oxoxoxxo

Felicia said...

Jackie, I LOVED the video! I played it several times to hear that glorious rain! Congrats on the rain, I know what a precious commodity it seems to be for many these days! We have been COMPLETELY roasting down here in good old Georgia, but fortunately we have been met with several afternoon showers! I hope you guys get some more!! Your pix are FABULOUS! You went all through God's country! I love Wyoming and all those mid states! They mountains are just glorious and you captured them so beautifully....even in your moving motorhome! LOLOL I have to say I am still jealous of that trip, but happy you guys were able to!! Chum is a hard worker, you need to slow down on him or I will have to call the authorities! LOLOL I agree with Karenliz. I see a face with a hat! But I love all that glorious SNOW!!! Jackie, my fave bit was the pix of you and Chum! You have to be the cutest, sweetest gal I know (even if it is online! LOLOL) Blessings to you my friend! :)

denthe said...

wow, such gorgeous landscapes! I'd love to make a road trip through (part of) America. Those mountains are so beautiful. I had to click on the picture to enlarge it but then I saw the face right away. And once you've seen it you can't unsee it :-)
Love how Chum is so into relaxing .... ;-)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh boy! Jackie, just such an amazing country! Your dog just knocks me out Lol! I wonder what goes through there head.... if anything. Have a great week, Angela x

Anonymous said...

Oh I so do miss those mountains! Thanks for refreshing my memory of our trip from NY to WA back in the late 70's when we moved out there for a couple years. The scenery was gorgeous then and it still is! Thanks for sharing it!

Gio said...

ok, ok lots of mountains, but these are truly amazing. Such sceneries. Poor Chum, he makes me smile.. Sorry I can't see anything weird in these photos :-)

Electra said...

I see inspiration for new art. But what are those things on the train?

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You do have the most amazing scenery in the US! And Chum is just the sweetest! What a road trip! Thanks for taking us along ;)

froebelsternchen said...

What an amazing trip! Thank you so much for sharing all the amazing photos! Chum is such a nice dog...lovely!
hugs
Susi

Dorthe said...

Dear Jackie ,

OH you indeed had rain, what wonderful sound on your video, I love listening to the rain,
and on my first floor with slanted windows, it sounds so wonderful, too, when raining. We also had a part of good rain, just like you. But I can understand you are needing it a lot more that I do!!!
Such beautiful photos from your and your husbands tour through your amazing country , it must be such a stunning experience.
Thank you, dear.
Hugs from Dorthe

Pamellia said...

Hey Jackie. I didn't realize you were in New York. How funny is that, we live in different countries, yet we only live a few hours away from each other!! Unfortunately, I am in the same drought you are, and had the same two tiny rain storms since May. It's horribly dry and brown! I just love your photos, I'm a huge fan of the mountains and your shots are so pretty. Chum is hilarious, what a hoot! Beautiful art, great post! hugs :)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful holiday you've had Jackie. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful photos. I particularly like your steampunkery one! :D xo

Elly said...

Oh my....so many awesome pictures ( awesome for me, because i know i'll never ride that way) and Chum walking Daddy....so funny... ♥