Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Atc's and happy mail!



Over at our Google+Community
Creating & Sharing Mixed Media
Recently,we had our first atc exchange,with the theme"Summer"
Here are the atc's I created for my partner
 June Walker in England
  Up next,from my trade partner,all the way from Dublin,Georgia....
sweet Felicia Aaron sent me this wonderful package of goodies
and created these beautiful Summer themed atc's for me
 
and she also added a gorgeous postcard she made!
Thank you Felicia!!
****************
Also today,I am sharing the wonderful art that has arrived in my mailbox over the past couple of weeks.

first up,all the way from Belgium...
a package from~Denthe!
I adore Denthe's art and have been fortunate enough to take a class from her(via the internet)
 I have said before that the internet is a wonderful thing,and I say it again! Being able to connect with so many like-minded souls,art sisters and new found friends from all over this huge world of ours is mind blowing and at the same time so very grounding.Reminding us,that we are all here together,no matter the miles between us how different our cultures are.
thank you oooooh internet gods and mail deliverers everywhere!
 Gorgeous original pieces that I shall treasure forever-thank you Denise!!!
 Denthe's colors are just so luscious!!!
And then in my mailbox,to my wondering eyes did appear??
 A fat envie filled with yummy vintage ephemera! yea, I know it doesn't rhyme lol
The coolest atc,made especially for me from my coffee loving friend,and art sister,Shelby Pizzarro
 Even though Shel is in Pennsylvania and I in NY,most mornings we share our coffee together,tipping our cups to one another and sending off wishes for a happy,creative day!
 vintage goodies all waiting for me to pour over and use in my art! 
Thank you so much Shel!
BTW,Shel used Dunkin Donut napkins to wrap my atc in~how very clever of you! heheeee
**************
 and lastly, here are a few paper dolls I made and entered into a challenge at Gecko Galz

 






















Thanks so much for your visit. I know summer is a busy time for everyone,and I really appreciate the time you have taken to stop by and comment!
much love,Jackie ")

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, what oodles of gorgeous art sent and received, now enjoy ll those goodies and beauties. Yes, the internet makes a lot of good things possible! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow! Art explosion on your blog today, Jackie! Loving EVERYTHING I see! Incidentally, I've just posted something Felicia sent me! :)) It's not called "happy mail" for nothing!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my goodness Jackie - so much beautiful art sent and received-- wonderful!
I totally agree with you that we are so happy to have the internet - it connects artist in such a super way!
oxo Susi

Karenliz Henderson said...

WOW so much gorgeous art. It sure is happy mail for sure.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

ATC's are so super fun to make. It's been ages since I have! I LOVE these, and the ones you are to get back will be a treasure!

artbyjune said...

Lots of lovely mail in your box. I am so happy to have the summer ATCs you sent me. They are wonderful, original, and classic. I agree about the internet..its so good for connecting up with other artists and for researching techniques, art history and so on!! Just great!!

Unknown said...

This was sooo sooo fun to see Jackie. The ATC's created by all of you are just fantastic. And your paper dolls are lovely. I love the thought of you sharing your beautiful art all over the world. XXj.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, what a lovely post - full of colour, creativity and the very special generosity that exists in Craftyblogland. I love your ATCs for June, and I've no doubt at all that she will too - amazing images and so packed with detail. And then it's such fun to share in your delight at all the amazing artwork arriving in your mailbox. A post full of treats, thank you!
Alison x

Redanne said...

I agree with Alison, this really is a lovely post, filled with gorgeous colour and design - and also friendship that comes with crafty friends! Wonderful! Anne xx

denthe said...

Wow Jackie, you have been spoiled! Must be you deserve it ;-) And you made some gorgeous pieces yourself!

Bev said...

Love it all you did receive some great art and your work will make your partners very happy...

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a visual feast, Jackie - love all the delicious ATC's - given and received. And how you have time to create/blog/LIVE so much is beyond me, my friend. Sending you heaps of thanks for the inspiration!!! xo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I've been watching what you've been up to and these ATCs are brilliant. Well done to you all for a great swap. Angela x

Julie Lee said...

Fabulous art work in this post, Jackie. I love the ATCs you created and the paper dolls were excellent too! Wonderful contributions from everyone. xx

sarascloset said...

Jackie, this really made my morning! I just came from Felicia's blog--I think I must have stumbled on it through you...duh! I don't know how these things work. I sail like a butterfly through blogland lately, landing wherever there is a pretty flower! So here I am lighting on yours this morning and loving the sweet nectar! Ha! Ha! Pretty deep for me! Love seeing your beautiful, colorful, and creative artwork and the shares of gifts from your likewise artsy blog friends! I can feel the excitement you all share as you receive your pretty packages from one another! Thank you for sharing! Big hugs!

Gio said...

Such a great display of Art, thanks for sharing it Jackie, great swap.
I loooove those paper dolls!:-)

Annette said...

Oh Jackie, so love all your treasures you made and received in the snail mail. It was like Christmas I bet and the goodies you got to use with your work. I can't wait to see what you create with it all. The paper dolls are wonderful, did I tell you I loved all of the pretties? Thanks for sharing my dear and hugs and hugs oxox

aimarii said...

I like so much visit here and look at your art. Do you know I am coffee lover?