Wednesday, November 30, 2016

feeling merry and festive!


 

Good morning everyone!
 I have been away awhile taking a much needed rest.
 While resting,I have been creating some art as well as spending some fabulous time the grands!
Today's post is a little bit of this and a little bit of that,so grab a cuppa and I hope you enjoy!
First up are a few more pieces I have done for GeckoGalz's "Decking The Halls"



Here,are a few pics of the storm we had just before our Thanksgiving here in the states.⛄❄❄❄
  On Saturday the 19th we had 74f degree weather and Sunday through Monday the 21st,this is what we ended up with!
 haahaa jokes on us we still had our screens up!
 and our poor birds!
 This year we had two of our grands with us for Thanksgiving
   旅旅旅旅旅 
we had sooooo much fun!
 RileyJanelle had Poppa in stitches with Snapchat!






back at the house Logan and I baking cookies while Poppa and RileyJanelle put up the tree...
Notice Chum has to be in the photo as well? heehee silly dog!


serving up oatmeal cookies
okay so,they were supposed to be decorating the tree!








and now,a few sneak peeks of the art I have been working on for a Fantastic class I am taking with Sanda Reynolds!
Sanda is a lovely lady and such an inspiring teacher! 
Visit her at Artful Flight
 
 
 
 
Sanda offers three different classes at this time,and guess what?
 I am signed up for all of them! heehee 
These bits are from Art Journaling and Beyond. I'll show more when completed!

Just when you thought you were finished...
One last tidbit to share!
Jean Hardy at Crafty Individuals has some beautiful new stamps out as well as a giveaway! Have a look at all of the DT's makes they are beautiful! While there, enter the giveaway,and mention I sent you! ")

❄❄❄⛄❄❄❄⛄❄❄❄⛄❄❄❄
So now if you have made it all the way to the end of my post,don't forget to right click and save your free digital stamp today!
 More freebies like this on the other GeckoGalz teamies blogs!
 Stop in for a looksie!


Thank you for your visit! 
hugs,Jackie ")

22 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

Love this post - so many varied and fun things! Your tags are dynamite - I'm especially fond of the one with the little girl in front of the trees...charming! Your grandkids are adorable ... and I'm soooo jealous of your aluminum '60's tree! I've always wanted one so I could over-decorate-and-embellish a slew (a slue? anyway) of 1960's spiked high heels to use for ornaments and plastic pop-beads for garland!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fab post, so much to see, and loved the photos of your family having fun, great shots! Your art is lovely, too, as always. That storm looks BAAAAD. Good that you were safe at home. Hugs, Valerie

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW...that's a lot of snow...fun and not so fun...lol! Thanks for the digi image too. And as for your tags...gorgeous! I LOVE the old world style and the bright pop of blue against the red...beautiful!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, I can't believe all that snow. I'm so glad it hasn't done that down here. I'm loving the photos of all the fun you had with the grands! Too cute. Tell Riley I love his tinsel ears!!!! LOL Loving the sneak peaks and can't wait to see more.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Haha, Chum squeezed in the middle - so funny! My son is into Snapchat as well - he get hours of entertainment out of it! Cute grandkids - they are much more fun at that age than when they are little! That must have been quite a storm! Which reminds me - I posted your packet a week ago Monday - hopefully it's well on the way now and won't get delayed by the snow. It should be arriving soon! I totally dig those abstract textures - especially the one with the crackle! Happy arting!

SewPaperPaint said...

What a great post! Amazing tags, just amazing and what a sweet and lively family you have. Thanks for the freebie and links. Hugs, Autumn

Dorthe said...

Dear Jackie,

wonderful photos, -your tags of Christmas are beautiful, and I can see you had so much fun with the
grandkids, lucky you.
And lucky you, with all the classes you are taking, I wish you great fun, my friend, your creations looks fantastic, and love the crackle.
Dorthe, xoxoX

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful art and lovely fun photos of the family! My daughter made us dogs with this app as well and gifted me the photo for motherday, we always have so much fun with her funny apps as well! Enjoy your workshops - great with Sanda- I love her style as well!
Thank you for the freebie!
That storm looks bad - uah!

oxo Susi

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hello Jackie, I think we all need a rest after Thanksgiving. I just hit tired today but getting ready to run to work. I love your signature style Christmas cards. They remind me so much of the spirit of you. Geez Golly a snow storm? We've had mild weather. Yesterday 60 degrees. Hope we can chat in person soon! I want to hear more about the classes. Cheers- and here's to melting snow... Hugs-Darlene

Carole J said...

Gorgeous projects, Jackie and beautiful artwork. It sure looks like you had fun over Thanksgiving! x

Julie Lee said...

Oh, lots of lovely art! I love your traditional Christmas tags. The work from the class looks so amazing too. I love the fun shots of your family. Dear Chum too, always a part of things! Our cat Daisy always wants to bite our tree and any branches we bring in to decorate! xx

Bev said...

Oh wow such fun and that storm looked yucky, love your Christmas art too and glad to see Chum on the job lol

Electra said...

Good grief, that is some strange weather. It's like you live is Canada or something! lol
I'm glad you can rest and make art and have so much fun with your family. And thank you for the awesome stamp, Jackie!

Gio said...

Helo bella, as always, your posts are so cheerful and vibrant. Love your cards, and the gorgeous background from your course, these are so promising :-)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant post. Great art and lots of fun too, what could be better. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Pamellia said...

Your tags are so beautiful Jackie, I love that little girl with the red jacket on! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday. Have to admit, I am jealous of the snow you got. I just love winter and it seems like we don't get snow any more up here, just lots of rain and then more rain Last year it only snowed three times and it was always gone within 48 hours, didn't use our snow shovel a single time!! hugs :)

aimarii said...

I can see how lovely and nice time you have had.
Have you still snow? Or have got more?
Of course always you have a little time for your beautiful art

Barbara Rankin said...

Fabulous tags, Jackie. Loved seeing your family enjoying themselves. Always nice. Hugs, Barbara

denthe said...

haha, it looks like you had lots of fun with your grands :-) I love your colourful journalpages and can't wait to see more when completed!

sarascloset said...

Oh, dear, it looks like I'm late! Jackie, this is one amazing post! I loved seeing your artwork--those tags are so pretty and festive!, but most of all I loved seeing the photos of your family enjoying Thanksgiving and all the fun! And that SNOW ! Amazing! I am laughing out loud, because of the card I sent you...I think you are not going to like me too much when all is said and done! Tee Hee! Hopefully the postman will be able to make it to your door! Love, love, LOVE your sneak peaks! You are a fabulous artist! Sending hugs! Hopefully I can get an email off to you in the next day or two, too. But for now, it's off to work! Mwah!

okieladybug or okie_ladybug said...

I tried to find a way to contact you and hopefully you will get this comment. I wanted to share with you what I did with the Santa digital image you shared on this post. I collect Santa's and I couldn't resist this one!
The project I made is in the link below:
http://www.okieladybug.com/2017/10/woodland-santa-project-super-long-post.html

Unknown said...

Beautiful, love the inspiration...