Sunday, February 26, 2017

Red is the color of Passion


  February is coming to an end quickly and as I looked back at my recent projects and journaling the other day,I found I had used red almost exclusively.
Some say Red is the color passion,others say it is of fire and your heart and still others say it is the color of love. 
To me,the color RED is all of these things. For I know,my beating red heart is full of passion to stand for what I believe,my heart burns with fire for the injustices of this world and my heart is Full,yes it is full of LOVE.
 And I believe in loving passionately, loving with fire and to always LOVE without limits.







 
 My piece grew around a photo I took several years back at
The plaster sculpture is Cupid and Psyche  
1794 by Antonio Canova (Italian, Possagno 1757–1822 Venice). 

 This link will take to you to the love story of Cupid and Psyche
This is a wonderful tale of two young lovers who love with passion and without limits and do what is needed to be together.
Ah,young love and the romance of it all!
 
  I hope my mixed media piece has inspired you to
 "love without limits"
Jackie ")
List of my ingredients and products used:
Card board tag for main piece-gifted to me by my online art friend- Sara Emily at Sarascloset💙
My tag was layered with 
DecoArt Media Acrylics in Quinacridone Magenta,Primary Magenta
DecoArt Media Modeling Paste
Tim Holtz Stencil-Dot Fade
Archival Black Ink
Ranger Stickles in Xmas Red,Platinum
Stampendous Vintage Note Script Stamp
Stampendous Embossing Powder-Red Tinsel
Lindy's Gang Embossing Powder-Cosmic Pink Blue 
Cardstock Heart-Retro Cafe Art Gallery
Bombay India Ink-Red
Prima Relics and Artifacts- Flaming Heart
Vintage metal heart and chain
Photo- Cupid and Psyche- JackiePNeal


I am linking this mixed media piece up with Emerald Creek Dares-

28 comments:

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Love the way you linked the piece with the heart and chain!

sirkkis said...

Your tag is gorgeous! I agree red is the colour of love.
Have a happy upcoming week xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is gorgeous, I actually thought that was 3D to begin with. Love it, Angela xXx

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous piece, love the colours and depth it has. Hope you and the family are well again, BIG hugs, Valerie

Karenliz Henderson said...

Live with passion and without limits...that's you and Riley!!!! Gorgeous piece. ❤

Tristan Robin said...

terrific piece - sensual and evocative - and I LOVE the red!!! Nothing screams 'passion' to me like scarlet! Wonderful!

Dorthe said...

Hi Jackie , what a wonderful ,filled with passion, and love , piece. I love all what red stands for, and your words are so right , to me.
Hugs, from Dorthe

Darlene K Campbell said...

I mean SOMEDAY we HAVE to get together and work in the studio side by side so I can watch you create this kind of magic! This is a favorite of mine. Not only is the piece fantastic but I love the theme of LOVE with out limits. Cheers-

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. this is an amazing and inspiring piece Jackie!
It's magical!
Happy rest of the weekend my friend!
oxo
♥♥♥
Susi

theresa martin said...

Lovely red heart piece Jackie!

artbyjune said...

Very passionate!

Redanne said...

This is such a stunning piece Jackie!! I love red, anything red, but romantic red is fabulous. Love this! Hugs, Anne xx

~*~Patty S said...

You dear Jackie and the pretty passionate piece you created inspire me greatly.
Here's to more Love... compassion... kindness and acceptance.
More people like you in the world would be sweet.
Happy rest of he♥rt month to you dear one.
oxo

Bev said...

Amazing love this Jackie and the sentiment....

Unknown said...

Passionately Powerful Artwork Jackie. Xj.

Julie Lee said...

A beautiful sculpture and a compelling love story! The red is so dramatic and ties the whole piece together brilliantly! I love how you live and love life, Jackie and how well your art conveys your passion! xxx

Unknown said...

This is such an inspiring and powerful piece of art my sweet, dear friend and I absolutely love it! Much love, Sanda xoxo

Cathy - CMP Designs said...

Beautiful project!! Love all the layers you created and the details on it! Thanks for entering over at the Emerald Creek Dares Challenge!
Cathy - DT Member at Emerald Creek

Candy C said...

Jackie...this is awesome! I love everything about it and yes, it is inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is passion!!! Love this!
xo Michelle ♥

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

jorunn`s Fristed said...

wow !! This is so amazing.. Love it so much.

Candy C said...

Me again Jackie. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! You're just the best! I hope that you're digging out from the snow and nasty weather you've recently had. I wanted to come see your passion piece again. I'm not a big fan of red, for some stupid reason, but you've made me really want to use it more often. This piece is so dynamic. LOVE IT!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a marvellous post, and all that wonderful red just lifts my heart. Many thanks for this, Jackie! xo

Pamellia said...

Hello my friend. I hope all has been well with you this last while, since I've been out and about. Your mixed media project is just amazing!! I love the vibrant red, sure pops!! The texture is incredible and the bits of glitter are amazing!! Such a beautiful project!! sending hugs :)

denthe said...

It really looks 3-dimensional! It's beautiful, and I love your description of what the colour red means to you. The passion and love you're talking about are visible in everything you say and do. Wonderful work ♥

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

So true about the colour red! Red is probably the colour I use the least - perhaps not surprisingly because I don't consider myself a passionate person (unless you're talking about passion for art!) It matches your theme perfectly in this case - love how that image pops against the deep red background, balancing it perfectly!

Words and Pictures said...

A beautiful post, in words and pictures. I don't work with red very often, but reading your words and looking at your stunning project makes me think I should let it out more!
Alison x