Friday, May 26, 2017

Yummy textures and some Fabulous new stamps!




I was so excited to learn,that one of my art idols,
 Lynne Moncrieff ,whom you may know from her beautiful blog Adorn,or maybe from FB or possibly have seen one of the many wonderful pieces she has had published in almost all of the Stampington magazines,(that's alot to say in one breath!) 
Well,Lynne had designed not one,but TWO sets of sentiments stamps...
I just Had to have them and I was Over the moon with excitement when they arrived in my mail from That's Crafty! 

Within another day,another recent stamp purchase, from Chocolate Baroque arrived as well!

annnnnd,lets not forget to mention my recent package of winnings from Emerald Creek Dares~ who just happens to carry some of the most yummiest embossing powders I have ever seen!

Okay,now that you know I had a super mail week,on to what I have created with my new treasures!
Using a piece of cardboard, I tore away parts and applied modeling paste mixed with crackle paste to what was left. Once dry I spritzed a bit of water and added my beloved Infusions,and then more spritzing. 
And when this was put aside to dry completely,boy oh boy!
did that crackle ever do it's job with those infusions!!
Next up was a piece of watercolor paper cut to fit inside of the cardboard piece.
Some background stamping and then more Infusion love using favorite colors.
Now to use my new stamps from Chocolate Baroque~a few background crocuses in the same ink as the background script,then three lovely flowers over the top and brought to life with white embossing powder.
At the flowers feet is deliciously chunky looking and beautiful embossing powder from Emerald Creek~Fractured Ice  this was added to act as the soil for the blooming flowers
Yumminess all over~texture and color! 
What more could a girl ask for right?
maybe more stamping?
On a separate piece of cardstock,I used one of Lynne's new sentiments,oh how I just love this phrase!!
(as well as all of the others Lynne designed) 
Thank you so much Lynne~your stamps are fabulous!
 The watercolor paper was added to the cardboard piece both by securing with glue and by using grommets which were colored with alcohol inks.

After the stamping was dry,I added a bit of color,
using a water heavy paintbrush and spots of Infusion left on my mat-just enough.
 Next,I tattered the edges of the paper and gave them a bit of vintage color

 
 














After balling up some string and giving it just the right amount of color it was secured in place using Finn's heavy gel medium and then my quote was added to the center of that.
 The last thing to do was add a few beads and some string to hang with.

and here it is!
Thanks for hanging in there through all the photos and I do hope you were able to feel the excitement I shared with these new products and how wonderful they are!
hugs,
Jackie ")





Here are the great monthly challenges I am teaming up with!
The Artistic Stamper~May's Creative Challenge~Floral Fantasy
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge~#36 Put a stamp on it

Emerald Creek Dares~ Fantasy~Dream a little Dream
 I think Lynne's sentiment says this perfectly about Day Dreaming!!

Creative Artiste's Challenge Blog~Challenge #26~Anything Goes

A Vintage Journey~Use A Quote

Chocolate Baroque~Mood Board




 

35 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Ohhhh Jackie. Loving all that texture and the color is so beautiful! Love that sentiment too.

Unknown said...

An AMAZING STUNNER Jackie. LOVE the texture of the cardboard - that's my favorite part but then I am always in love with corrugated!!! Your crackles are AWESOME and the colors are SPLENDID. What a really FUN but LOVELY piece of art! Happy Memorial Day. Xj.

Renee said...

Wow, this is stunning! I love all the textures, the color and Lynne's new stamp sentiment. Gorgeous project.

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my gosh Jackie! Your excitement is evident in your beautiful work! This is absolutely amazing. I will definitely be pinning! The infusions look so so good here with your gorgeous stamped and layered imagery. Love that you overstamped flowers on flowers! YES!!! Speaking of happy mail, I received the most amazing package from you! The little book you made me made me smile from ear to ear. It is absolutely fabulous! You are so crafty and utterly genius! The paperdolls are precious and will be treasured - so thank you thank you for thinking of me! I truly appreciate all of the odds and ends you included and will do a pic just as soon as I come up above water. My daughter graduates tomorrow and I am buried in cheese platters and cutting pineapple! LOLOL! Happy weekend, Autumn

artbyjune said...

So beautiful! I love how you used the cardboard, revealing the layers! And the crackle is terrific on this piece. The whole piece says ...tactile !

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a wonderful creation. Love all the layers, colours, crackle and texture, and the lovely sentiment from Lynne rounds it off really well. Well done! Have fun playing with your new 'toys' Big hugs, Valerie

Julie Lee said...

This is so beautiful, Jackie. I love Lynne's sentiment too! I have been thinking I must invest in these and now you've inspired me to! Great work.

Dorthe said...

This took my breath away, dear Jackie, what a stunning and beautiful piece of art,
so amazing colors, and your crackle wow,-I have to try out myself with the Infusions .
Also your embossing makes me want for more play with new products, lol-
So beautiful it is, and I enjoyed all your photos and the explanation, NO -not too long , at all !! xoxo from Dorthe

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous Jackie, I love the colours you've used and the layers.... brilliant. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

froebelsternchen said...

O.M.G - this is thrilling - what an amazing texture - I am totally in love with it Jackie!
Happy weekend to you , hope you have some fun plans for your weekend!
oxo Susi

Redanne said...

I loved seeing all your photos! I also love your creation, it has THE most wonderful texture and the colours are gorgeous. Lynne's sentiment is so perfect for your project too. Hope you have a lovely weekend! Hugs, Anne xx

Katie said...

Stunning canvas and love the colours and textures

Bev said...

You have done it again Jackie and love your colour combo ❤

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Just goooorgeoussss Jackie! Super colors and textures. Wish I could see it in person

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully designed and created Jackie you used your new supplies brilliantly xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful use of texture! Love it!

Scrappin Sue said...

Gorgeous
Thanks for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

aimarii said...

Always you can create some new. You have much beauty in your head and hands.
How is your summer now?

denthe said...

Wow, that truly is a mixed media piece! I love the texture and those text stamps are awesome. I really need to try out crackling paste, I so love the effect. Well done! Hope you'll have a happy and creative week! Hugs xx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a stunning piece, Jackie - between the colour and texture, I'm hard pressed to tear my eyes off it! Gloriousness everywhere, my friend! xo

Julia Aston said...

Well! you certainly put your new purchases to good use! Love that crackle and all the color and texture in it - your quote is lovely with the wound string behind it - a beautiful hanging Jackie! Thanks so much for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Use a Quote challenge! Julia xx

judith@poppy cottage said...

Jackie, a fabulous textured piece, so much detail. Love the crackle and 'soil'. Thanks so much for entering our final challenge on the Chocolate Baroque CHallenge Blog, Judith xx

sarascloset said...

Oh, my goodness, Jackie! Can I just say that your excitement is clear, and VERY contagious! What a fabulous mixed media make, and perhaps a new favorite of mine! (Anytime someone used embossing powder, I get excited!) The Fractured Ice looks great as garden soil; I think I may have to go sprinkle some on my veggie garden, which needs a little magic. And those stamps! Wow! Another thing I must add to my wish list. Your background panel is simply delicious in texture and color! And I am one lucky girl to see your crackle/infusion (am I right to assume it's Infusions?)backgrounds in person! I love the wall art you made for especially for me! And all those little goodies to play with that came in MY Happy Mail package from YOU! A post is in the works! And yes, I got your e-mail. Just haven't had proper time to respond. Hugs to you!

PS Thank you for sharing your wonderful quote with us at A Vintage Journey and your dreams with us at Emerald Creek Dares!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Gorgeous card, Jackie! I think I've found a new technique guru. My gosh, the way you've mixed media (both figuratively and literally) is awesome. I love the crackle paste mixed with modeling paste technique. You have a new follower ;-)

Unknown said...

Beautiful piece with so much going on! Each time I look at it something different appears! Love it! Xx

Candy C said...

Wow Jackie...gorgeous!!! :)

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Beautiful creation with lots of layers and techniques! Thanks for taking on this month's Emerald Creek Dare.

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining us at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely stunning, Jackie. I know I'm miles behind in visiting, but I'm so glad I caught this beauty. The colours, the texture, the resist stamping - it all just works brilliantly. Love, love, love it! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison x

Gio said...

Wow, Jackie , it is amazing. Great use of your new treasures, you made a treasure out of them. Gorgeous design and yummy texture!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This is just wonderful Jackie! I wish it was edible! I would devour it right here right now! Sorry I haven't been around much! I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Claire said...

Beautiful project, love all the texture. Thanks so much for joining us at Chocolate Baroque Challenge this time
Claire xx

suziqu's thread works said...

Such a fabulous vibrant piece of art using your infusions and stamps etc as well as Lynne's wonderful stamps! Such great work Jackie! xx

Lys said...

Fabulous textures indeed!
I'm sorry I didn't find somewhere else to contact you, Jackie: Julia told me she had sent Paloma to you some weeks ago, and I would have loved to get some news of her and her stay with you. Thanks so much!

annewaller said...

WOWeee - super mixed media project. Fabulous textured background. Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.