Tuesday, February 20, 2018

for the love of Irresistible Sari Scrap


 Recently I received my supplies from Gwen Lafleur's Mixed Media store for my Artist Tribe projects.
In my supplies were the yummiest batch of Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scraps I have ever laid my eyes on! (actually this was the first time I had ever laid eyes on-lol)
I was so thrilled with these,I hurriedly ordered a bunch more in other colors.
This new batch arrived this past Friday,and I immediately started playing

and so begins my Sari Scrap  journal spread story...
sounds pretty dramatic-huh?
(you have to see this Sari,I'm telling you~very dramatic indeed!)

So,have a cuppa,sit back and relax and learn how I have used these exquisite,beautiful,well
Irresistible Scraps from Gwen's Mixed Media store 

This first page finds me again (see last time here) playing with Gwen's Art Deco Book Plate Stencil.
when I find a "new art stash love",
I only have eyes for it... lol
 
I absolutely am drawn to the clean lines of the design and how gorgeous modeling paste looks through this stencil. Beautiful-eh?
how about  these small florets* on the sides of the center?
I love this part!! my favorite!
yes, bits of Embellished Sari Scrap



The center design here,well it was just perfect for Gwen's Hmong Embroidered Star I  already had in my "Gwen stash".
 This was enhanced with the addition of gifted beads from Tribe Sister-Linda Edkins Wyatt thank you Linda!

After laying down layers and layers of color,I added a bit of crackle glaze to the DecoArt quinachridone BurntOrange and quinachridoneMagenta sections~

These pearlescent blue sections,are so dreamy! 
 They remind me of Maxfield Parrish skies.
Do you have a favorite part so far?



Next we go on to the right page of this 
Irresistible Sari Scrap journal journey spread...
yes,I know,I keep changing the story name-heehee
see the tiny florets* I had mentioned above?
they were cut from this same piece of delicate Sari Scrap 
These scraps are really so versatile and in my opinion just beautify everything they grace!


This sweet elephant hand stamped by Gwen was also in my Enchanting Elephants pack.(favorite part) Gwen stamped this using one of her Elephant block stamps onto Khadi paper and then I colored it in with watercolors. 
**and with the sweet elephant I am linking up with Art~Journa~Journey Animals A to Z **


Even though I did not use the exact color scheme on each page,I still feel the pages flow well together.The tiny seed beads are varied in colors and pick up colors from the opposite page.
So,after all of my color was on,stenciling was done and my elephant piece was glued down,

isn't this a cool picture?
this gorgeous and delicate Irresistible India Sari Scrap was added. This was machine stitched down on to my journal page. (totally favorite part!)
Then,before the final stitches,I added a handful of vintage seed beads from Linda, as well as an ivory elephant charm which came in my Enchanting Elephants Collage and Embellishments Pack.
 I tilted the book so that the beads would fall to the opposite side,then finished stitching this closed.


The sounds of the beads jiggling when the book is lifted or opened is so sweet. (favorite part)
How cool is this? the thought just came to me as I was pouring over my handfuls of Sari Scraps...yes, I even put them all over me to just soak in their absolute beauty ~teeheehee~
ok,not really,but I thought about it!

and finally,to balance the page I added these beautiful flowers from Gwen's  Lovely Lotus Downloadable Collage Cut-outs available as an instant download in her shop. (favorite part as well!)




and there you have Part one of my
Sari Scrap journal spread


are you enjoying the story so far? 
and can you tell I love Sari Scraps?
well,be sure to return,this Thursday the 22nd
 as the Sari Scrap journey continues with
 part 2 of the
 Sari Scrap Journal spread diaries! 
teeheehee




Thanks so much for continuing to follow along on this fabulous artful journey I am on. 
I so appreciate each and every one of you who takes the time for a visit,and love it so much when you leave a comment!
Peace & Love
Jackie ")


21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, such beautiful colours and textures, I am longing go reach through the screen and touch them I think I need said scraps, too! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Janet Ghio said...

I love the softness of the page with the elephant. The sari scraps look very interesting. I think I might want some...

Dorthe said...

Gorgeous colors, and details, dear friend.
So fantastic with the stenciling, and on the elephant side, the sweetest cut flowers, and lotus flower. So much joy it brings to create with things we love,- and I can tell you love the sari silk scraps, so much.
Sweet Jackie, thank you for showing your new journal journy.

Warm hugs to you , xoxo

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Very pretty and so creative (as usual!) honored that you included some beads from my former stash. Just got my sari scraps too and cannot wait to use them!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh Jackie! Your pages are gorgeous! I'm really drawn to the elephant page, the colors and the way you added those beads behind the scrap. Never thought of doing that. I may have to find a sewing machine!!!!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh Jackie - these pages are so adorabale - so unique .. absolutely amazing and you would made me more than happy if you linked to our Animals from A to Z theme at Art Journal Journey. This elephant page is beyond beautiful !
You have such a fantastic stylie ---- GREAT!

Happy rest of your week Jackie!
Love from
Susi

theresa mARTin said...

Loving the colors! Lovely work Jackie.

Gwen Lafleur said...

Love seeing how you've used the sari scraps in your journal - beautiful! The page with the beads sewn into the netting is super creative... love it!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Wow Jackie! What a great way to use the scraps. All the pages are so rich and colourful. The weather here is up and down at the moment but a bit warmer today, it's just the wind that makes it feel cooler. However, soon I will be back in the snow, can't wait. Have a lovely week, Angela xXx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I always love seeing how,you use colour Jackie. This is an inspired creation using scraps and I always love howmyou add so many different element to your designs. A wonderful tactile piece. I would also like to say a huge thank you for your support over my stamp release. Big hugs. Tracy x

Annette said...

Hi girl love these and you again out did yourself. Always a treat to see what you have created. The colors and everything are eye candy. Xoxoxo

ann barnes said...

Oh I love the look of the sari on your journal, all the lovely colors and embellishments just beautiful

Kate Yetter said...

I just love Sari's and your journal is beautiful and exotic! I really want to go shopping at Gwen's store after seeing your beautiful trims. The elephant is fabulous! Love this journal and I can't wait to see your next layout!
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never seen sari scraps before, but if these are what they are like, I am in LOVE. This is a a beautiful two page spread and you certainly pulled the two pages together quite well. I especially LOVE the elephant and how well you colored it. Sewing the pages together makes it even more exciting. Thanks for sharing this beautiful elephant and sari scrap journal with us at Art Journal Journey today, dear..

Rike said...

This is absulutely beautiful! I like how you put down layers and layers of color, added a bit of crackle glaze to the DecoArt quinachridone BurntOrange and quinachridone Magenta sections, and how you added that cute elephant in the middle and the other right down with even jingles!
Thank you so much for linking this outstanding journal page to my theme at Art Journal Journey!

froebelsternchen said...

♥♥♥ Jackie you made us HAPPY ♥♥♥ Thank you for linking to Art Journal Journey!
Have a great day my friend - looking at the colours and the spread it delights the start of my day here! Thank you!
oxo Susi

AppleApricot Wen said...

Dear Jackie, this is so so beautiful!! I love that the left page looks like something from architecture, a door or such. And that sweet elephant and the beautiful colours and textures, yummy!
Big hugs and beautiful day wishes to you, xx

craftytrog said...

Ooh! More gorgeousness! Off to check out those sari scraps!

denthe said...

I love anything Indian, the colours especially but also the fabrics and the textures and the beads and and ... So I can totally understand your excitement at seeing these beautiful scraps. And once again you did some wonderful things with them! I love how you use those stencils with the modeling paste, and that gorgeous combination of that burnt orange and magenta and turquoise. It is the perfect addition to those beautiful fabrics. Well done my friend!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh wow, Jackie - these are such little marvels of deliciousness...how can you even stop playing for the length of time it takes to blog about them. Love, love, LOVE! xo

Lynda Shoup said...

What a wonderful use of different elements to make a whole. While there are many aspects to delight, I am entranced with the veil over the elephant. I love the design aspect of it, but also feel that it has some symbolism that makes it powerful. Being seen, but not fully. The necessity to hide one's inner truth. To see truth we must rip the veil of the world from before our eyes. These are just some of the interpretations I can think of. Your art has certainly stirred something inside of me conceptually. Brava!