Thursday, February 22, 2018

for the love of Irresitible Sari Scrap Part two...


 and the Sari Scrap journal spread diaries continues...
today I return,sharing more on how I have used these gorgeous bits of mixed media goodness~
Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scraps.

 Having chosen each Sari Scrap piece carefully and methodically placed...
hows that for dramatic! teeheehee
 Seriously,just look at this gorgeous transparent green piece of Sari. The beading down the side of it reminds me of a climbing vine.
These two divine clusters!!
Well,these were cut from a small scrap and look as though they were made for just this place! 
Both of these pieces came from the Greens package of Irresistible Sari Scraps.
I have to say,there are so many incredibly gorgeous pieces in each package-you will have a hard time choosing which to use and which to hoard save!
Available at the shop are 2 and 4 oz packages in colors of 
Purple/Lavender
Pink/Fuschia
Red/Burgandy
Oranges
Yellows
Greens
Blue-Greens
Blues
Neutrals
Black/White/Gray
Rainbow 
I think I have one of each and two of some! 
 
Here,I have used Gwen's delicate Ornamental Petals Screen Stencil,to highlight the Sari scrap clusters.I just love how this shows on the black background-exquiste!
 and here,I have included a splash!of embossing powder for some additional glimmer
On the left page of this spread,I have cut and pieced some gorgeous Batik fabric pieces my childhood friend Jennifer Gammon Murphy aka LadyJaneVintage sent me recently.thank you Jen!
 These Batik pieces were adhered to the page using heavy matte gel medium and left to dry.
When dry,using Gwen's Art Deco Sunburst Background Stencil,I spread translucent embossing paste through and left this to harden.
After the embossing paste was dry,using my fingers,I gently highlighted the stenciled parts with shades of turquoise,lavender and green,blending with the colors on the opposing page
The background for this page had been done a few days before,and now only needed some special graphics and wording.
I had used the same stencil here~Gwen's Art DecoSunburst Background ~ I love this part~such a cool design!and just look at how delicious those colors look on it!

The wording I chose...
Three things cannot long be hidden:
the sun
the moon
and the truth
~Buddha



















To finish my page, I added these beautifully brilliant graphics from Gwen's Downloadable Collage Cut-Outs-Irrestible India Collection. I feel like the veils on these women resemble the green beaded Sari and therefore carried the feel across the pages,what do you think?
If you haven't been over to Gwen's store before, you really should go have a look~Truly one of a kind supplies from all over the globe and the ways to use these items in Mixed Media Art is endless!!
 and...till the end of this month,in honor of Chinese New Year, Gwen has 15% off of anything in the Exotic Orient Category!

 Well,I do hope you have enjoyed my 
Irresistible Sari Scrap journal spread diaries.
I know,not much of story,but some awesome pictures-right? lol



Thanks again for continuing to follow along on this fabulous artful journey I am on. 
I so appreciate each and every one of you who takes the time for a visit,and love it so much when you leave a comment!
Peace & Love
Jackie ")

29 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You are evidently having lots of crafty fun playing with these wonderful sari scraps, and your creations are just gorgeous. Love all the textures, images and great colours. I really must get some of those scraps, they are making my mouth water! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

Wow! You've created such beautiful pages with the sari scraps Jackie! Wonderful textures and colours!
Alison x

Tristan Robin said...

Really loving this work with the sari scraps! And on this piece, the stencil-over-batik is very effective. Gives the work a sense of permanence.
All the layers and textures - not to mention COLORS - really are evocative and makes one want to peruse (and, heh heh, handle) each one!
Lovely work, woman!

Kim Collister Studio said...

Really beautiful inspiring pages Jackie and thanks for sharing the links.... I feel I am about to be in trouble!!!! Hehee!!

Dorthe said...

More amazing pages, dear , more fantastic creations, and more magic to watch.
The colors are really gorgeous, and those clusters...oh my , simply fabulous to create with , I`m sure Jackie .
Your art is making happy moments , my dear friend.
Hugs and love
Dorthe

sirkkis said...

So lovely and well designed,Jackie!
Hugs 💖

froebelsternchen said...

OMG - your sari scraps journal is going to turn into a wonderful masterpiece of art! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to actual see this spread and touch the textures and fabric and adore this in day light! Absolutely AMAZING and TERRIFIC!
Happy weekend ahead dear Jackie!
oxo Susi

Lys said...

A gorgeous journal with these papers! Bright and rich textures, I love it!

ann barnes said...

I am really loving these pages you are creating-the sari scraps look amazing this way!

Annette said...

Oh OH OH I can see all the love and wonderful pretties you put together here. I love it all and the scraps are singing. Just beautiful and pure pretty. xoox

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh how I would love to see tis journal in real life Jackie, stunning, stunning work, those sari scraps look just so amazing and the imagery you have added to it all make it such an incredible textural master piece, - wonderful work!!!

Karenliz Henderson said...

GORGEOUS!!! My mouth opened and hit the floor. I now have rug burn on my chin!!!

Gwen Lafleur said...

Love these pages Jackie! So cool the way you used the fabric scraps, and I love the little clusters cut out from the fabric and used with the stencils! And the stenciling over the batik fabric is gorgeous!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Beautifully done, so much texture and color! Wish I could see it in person. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Kate Yetter said...

SO wonderful! I wish I could see this in person and touch all the texture and amazing textiles. I love how you used the stencils in the background and the colors. I can't wait to see more!!
Happy Weekend,
Kate

Gio said...

I enjoyed it a lot, Jakie. Wow, such a wonderful work of art and love, so rich and scrumptious! Truly inspiring..

Aimeslee Winans said...

Jackie this is just so pretty - delicious! xoxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh my! Jackie this is just delicious! These scraps are lush and I'm not sure I could use them easily without feeling I needed to keep some so no wonder you chose them so carefully and methodically (I bet!). Absolutely adore the batik pieces. I used to do quite a bit when I was teaching and have several bits hoarded sorry stored away Lol! I don't know anywhere in the UK that sells these but will have to investigate. Maisie and Stan and me of course send you big hugs xXx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful layering and textures on these fab patterns. Keep going. xox

denthe said...

That stencil really is beautiful yes, it gives such a vibrant and lively feel to the page. It is such fun to "see" you create. I can feel your joy and excitement throughout your post :-) Thanks for your beautiful comments on my blog. I don't get your comments in my email anymore so I can't respond to them, but know that I read them all and appreciate them a lot! I saw that comment which mentioned "testing", and I was wondering what was going on. Blogger does seem to have issues lately ... And it's so annoying when you've been writing a long comment and suddenly, whoosh, it's gone. I try to remember to copy my comment before I post it, so I can just paste it again in case something goes wrong. Wishing you a fantastic weekend dear Jackie, with lots of sari-fun :-) Hugs ♥

SandeeNC said...

wowzers, this is amazing!!!!

Pamellia said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jackie! I saw a bag of Sari ribbon scraps for sale on Etsy, and I immediately thought of you! Your ability to coordinate different patterns and colours together and make it looks so beautiful, is just extraordinary! I love the textures you created and all the wonderful elements, a stunning creation!

As I was blogging this morning I've seen so many photographs of flowers and green grass. I find it so odd since it will be several months until we get that far into spring. We've had some nice weather this week, but it's really just a big tease, I'm sure we will get plenty more cold weather before it's time for planting flowers. I hope it's been nice out where you are my friend. sending hugs :)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wowsers! there are so many beautiful details and colors in this! beautiful!

artbyjune said...

Absolutely beautiful Jackie! The sari scraps are very inspirational and I love what you created using them!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh wow dear Jackie, your pages are so so beautiful again! The sari and batik pieces are gorgeous, the colours so yummy! I love the beautiful textures you created and those gorgeous bead-pieces!
Wishing you a beautiful week dear, big hugs xx

Julie Lee said...

Wow, Jackie! I am just drooling over all the loveliness and luscious texture on these journal pages. This is truly eye candy and no mistake! xxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Such glorious pieces, Jackie - I am in awe of these pages. The texture is visually amazing, and I can just imagine how it feels to touch all of this in person! Wowza! xo

Lynda Shoup said...

Oh my! Oh my! I love this to the bottom of my soles/soul! Jackie you have stolen my heart and breath with this one. Those combinations. I am agog at the way you used the materials - so outside my line of thinking. Gorgeousness defined!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, you've certainly been busy while I was gone! What a great project turning those gorgeous materials into even more gorgeous art! I love sari ribbons and fabric!