Friday, August 24, 2018

the Sari journal journey continues...


  Back again with another Sari Journal spread using the irresistible materials and products form Gwen's Lafleur's online store
 True to my form as of late,no in process photos,but let me walk you through what I did.
 I started with scraping Impasto paints onto my plain pages with a credit card.
After this,I applied with matte gel a piece of Gwen's Florentine paper across both pages in the center. Next I mixed modeling paste with red paint and scraped this through Gwen's ArtDeco Medallion and Boho Circle Stencils.
After this had all dried,I made a wash of water and yellow ochre, which was blended across both pages.
Then after distressing the edges of the elephant and woman with peacock cutouts, I glued each one to its page and again used some of the yellow ochre to blend these into the backgrounds.
 From here I went on to adding blue paint to the outside of the pages and some burgundy around the cut out pieces.
 Then came the gorgeous Northern Lights embossing powder by Emerald Creek,my photos are not doing the colors justice!
 Then I had this great idea!(in my humble opinion) to add feathers to the peacock cutout.
These were arranged and glued into place with matte gel.
Using a piece of navy mulberry paper from one of Gwen's prepackaged stashes, again I mixed modeling paste,this time with a coordinating blue paint and stenciled various feathers from the Peacock Feather stencil onto the mulberry paper. When this was dry, I fussy cut out the feathers and added more colors,shades of violet,teal and interference purple.
After the feathers were all colored and placed a Vintage Kuchi patch was glued on top with heavy body matte gel
Well,then the elephant on the opposite page needed some bling as well.This is where the beautiful Irresistible India red&gold trim came in to border the base of the cutout and some "diamond" bling for the top.
 Everything on both pages then was given a light wash of water and Quinacridone Gold to blend things a bit more evenly.














and there you have it!
The journey will continue on at some point as there are still many pages to fill in this journal.
 I do hope to see you return for more and I hope I have inspired you to go have a look and maybe do some shopping at 
Thank you so much dear friends for your support and lovely comments! I look forward to returning your visits soon!
 Peace & Love
Jackie ")




Products from Gwen Lafleur's fabulously unique online store:

Navy blue mulberry paper that came in a paper pack 

Other Products used:
Art Alchemy Impasto Paints~Azure,Cobalt,Green Apple,Poppy Red 
Art Alchemy Metallique Paints~Ice Queen,Red Wine
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic~Interference Violet 
Golden Fluid Acrylics~Yellow Ochre,Quinacridone Nickle Azo Gold



With this post,I am participating in :

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful and very unique journal pages. Love the delicious colours and textures. Just gorgeous! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh Jackie - your post is full of sumptuous gorgeousness :)
Love the closeups - I love the colours, textures, bling, imagery - love it all!
(I could almost imagine the smell of some sweet incense burning as read this)
They would look stunning framed on a wall :)
Happy Friday, have a great weekend too
Gill xx

Janet Ghio said...

Wonderful colors!How many pages have you done in this journal? Does your journal close at this point--I bet it is really wonderful and fat! Would love to see a photo of it closed.
.

SandeeNC said...

Wonderful colors and textures, beautifully done!

Dorthe said...

I love how you mix all the gorgeous colors, creating beautiful patterns on top of the stenciled ones. Such amazing jewel-tones, (I might have said that before ,lol) and your added bling also capture my heart, always.
Dear Jackie making me smile seeing your fantastic creations, dear friend. Hugs Dorthe

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh Jackie! Those pages are spectacular! You have such a unique art with your delicious colors and textures and the beautiful way you use the materials and bring them all together into an amazing fairytale! A dream!
I wish you a happy weekend my dear friend!

Big hugs,
Susi

Kate Yetter said...

I am so glad that you decided to continue your Sari Journal! I just love the kuchi patch and that cluster of feathers. It is such a gorgeous focal point. All that colorful texture and the images really tie this piece together.
I can't wait for the next installment.
Happy Weekend!
Kate

ann barnes said...

I love these pages Jackie! Your sari journal is exquisite. I love the depth and layering of these colors and the peacock feathers was such a fabulous addition! I am always inspired by your creativity, and gorgeous use of color! Beautiful! Hugs to you! xxx

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Such rich colour and texture here, Jackie, that I am tempted to lick my screen to see if it tastes as good as it looks. It's scrumpdilyicious squared, my friend - yet another tour de force! Happy weekend - hope it includes some more creativity time; I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next! xo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I'd been thinking about you. Great journal pages, very inspiring. I've been at the Steampunk festival all day today and been busy painting pebbles amongst other things. Have a great weekend my friend, Angela xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am in awe Jackie. The textures you got made me w3ant to run my hand over the spread. Of course, I have a friend who is making her own not sari, but elephant book. I was so impressed with how you treated that side of the spread. That Quinacridone Gold brought everything together perfectly. I am in AWE.

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious shimmering colours - the beauty of the textures here is so amazing. I adore the elephant as well as those wonderful feathers... and the Quin Gold is the magical final ingredient.
Alison x

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi Jackie,
I hope you are still feeling well and all healed and better?
You have created a gorgeous piece of art here; with the beautiful jewel tone colors and lots of depth & texture. Wonderful work! Thanks for sharing. Hugs, karen o

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

After reading all the comment all I can say is GREAT!!!

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is gorgeous Jackie! I love all of the layers, bright colors, and the texture you added with the stencils and embossing powder.

denthe said...

I'm always so inspired by the colours you use. They make me want to grab my paints and start splashing colour around :-) I love all the textures you got going here, and the fact that you just keep adding to a page, long after someone else would already have stopped. All those layers and small details make the pages really you. Gorgeous ♥ ♥ ♥

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sorry I am so late Jackie, i'm playing catch up with everyone on and off amidst the mayhem.
I do love your Sari journal, always full of intrigue with those textures and burst of colour. You really do produce the most delicious of things with the Sari.
I was lucky to pick up a Gwen stencil last week, when the chaos has charmed down i'm hoping to use it... Yay!!!
Big Hugs as I pop on over to your next awaiting post I see.. Tracey xx

Lynda Shoup said...

Jackie, these pages make me want to book a flight! So warm and enticing. The feathers are brilliantly matched with the kuchi patch. I love that! This spread makes me so happy.