Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Splendor


Hello everyone!
 Here today with a Tribe post for the queen of mixed media herself,Gwen Lafleur. (in my humble opinion that is LOL)
 As you know, I adore the Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scraps from Gwen as well as her most exquisite lengths of Irresistible India Embellished Trims carried in her store.
It was time to break out my stash and start using some of these glorious treasures.
I present to you,my canvas titled "Splendor"

















To begin with,here is a canvas started quite some time ago. One that I quickly lost interest in and put aside.
I decided it was time to try again, and this time using Gwen's Art Deco Sunburst Background Stencil,
this dull canvas quickly comes to life!
With the stencil,I used heavy gel medium along with Sparks acrylic paint mixed together across the whole of the canvas.
 When this was dry,I spritzed the canvas with water and sprinkled mica powders in blue and copper in the water and let them bleed outward

Next,I started laying texture and colors down using patina pastes
first purple,then teal. And there ended the in process photos!
 At this point,I used Gwen's Art Deco Borders Stencil (the center stencil)  and placed this in the center of the canvas, again using heavy body gel and Sparks acrylic paint.


After I was happy with my colors I had laid down,I took out some gold leaf foil and applied it to various areas of the canvas.





I cut from a few of  these gorgeous gem and beaded florets and adhered them to the canvas with heavy gel medium. While these were setting,I then cut up some of  Irresistible India Embellished Trims

I used these trim pieces with tear shaped gems and tiny mirrors  to outline and extend the center design.

The way I cut the trims and Sari was to get in as close as I could to the beading,without cutting the threads that bind on the backside. Once this was cut and placed on the canvas,using heavy gel medium,I took a small paintbrush and feather the same gel medium out from the beading onto the canvas. Making sure to get both sides of the visible Sari scrap.
hard to tell,but in the teal areas of the stencil,I added two layers of Diamond Glaze (above photo)
Using my fingers,I also gently swiped Metallique acrylic paints over the raised areas from the stencils as well as on the edges of the cnvas.




It is Amazing to me,how many different ways there are to use these Sari Scraps and Sari Trims!

To the right of the canvas, I added some of the Fabulous Florals Gold Skeleton Leaves
Found in Gwen's online mixed media store. These leaves were also adhered using heavy matte medium
One last thing I did was to dry brush Teal blue Opal Magic over the majority of the canvas as well as lightly across the skeleton leaves.



































For my final addition to the canvas, I used this beautiful orangy gem which came in one of my Going Global Turkman Jewelry Parts packages from Gwen's store.
I simply nipped off the edges and glued on using heavy gel medium.
In all it's "Splendor"


 I hope I was able to inspire you to create something beautiful today!
 Thanks so much for your continued support and lovely comments!
Peace & Love
Jackie ")



Gwen is having a sale at the shop right now-once the items are gone, she will not be replacing them- so hurry on over!


Products from Gwen Lafleur's online mixed media store
Irresistible India Embellished Sari Scraps
Irresistible India Embellished Trims  
Art Deco Sunburst Background Stencil 
Gwen's Art Deco Borders Stencil
Going Global Turkman Jewelry Parts


Prima Finnabair's Products:
Heavy Body Gel~Transparent
Art Alchemy Sparks Paint~Butterfly Spells,Dragon's Eye 
Art Extravagance Texture Fantasy~Northern Lights
Art Ingredients Mica Powders~Blue,Copper
Art Alchemy Opal Magic~Teal Blue
Art Alchemy Metallique~Light Patina,Ancient Coin,Gold Amber

Gold Leaf Foil
Judikins Diamond Glaze 


Entering in these Challenges
I was inspired by the opal looking colors as well as the sparkle of the bubbles

30 comments:

sarascloset said...

Wow, Jackie! This canvas is one of the most beautiful pieces of artwork I've ever seen! I love the colors, the texture, those amazing jewels! Really deserving of a wall in a fine art gallery! Sending hugs!

theresa mARTin said...

Great layering, colors and texture Jackie! Congrats on a great piece.

Kim Collister Studio said...

What a fun project with absolutely gorgeous results!!
Love the colors and all the sparkles and texture. You knocked this one out of the park!!
XX
Kim

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, totally fantastic, love the richness of your trims and decorations. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Your fabulous canvas is a juwel itself!
Love it, Jackie.
Have great time 💖

Dorthe said...

Oh this really is "splendor" dear Jackie ,-
The way you color the texture past making it look like a million, is amazing, and all that gorgeous materials you use, to make this , a really beautiful Indian art piece!!
So many details of fabrics, jewels, and the leaves , the sparkle and colors- amazing dear friend.
Hugs from me-
and Jackie thank you for your lovely comments on Laura`s blog,- I have treasured them . Thank you also for understanding why I`m leaving there. xoxoxoxo

Roosterhead Designs said...

Oh my Jackie this is soooo elegant and beautiful! What a gorgeous mixed media piece of art!Loving all the rich colors and textures~ Have a wonderful week ahead~ karen o

ann barnes said...

This is really beautiful Jackie, you and those Sari scraps and trims are the perfect pairing! I loved the jeweled touches! This canvas will hang proud! xxx

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh - this is stunning - precious ! You can be proud of this wonderful canvas dear Jackie ! I am proud of you! Your style is simply unique!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

You have outdone yourself! Such yummy colors and textures and bling!

SandeeNC said...

This is stunning, I love everything about it!

Redanne said...

What a stunning canvas Jackie!! The colours are gorgeous and I love all the sari elements you added, they are so beautiful. Love this... a lot!! Hugs, Anne xx

Kate Yetter said...

You appropriately named this piece. It is splendid indeed! I really love that stencil you used to start the texture in the background. And then the layer upon layer of gorgeous paint, texture and those sari scraps and gems. I hope you have this proudly displayed somewhere. Stunning!!
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So sumptuous Jackie, those sari scraps really do look delicious. Those teals, coppers and golds are a dream colour combo with your close up really capturing the glimmer of it all for us. I'd love to run my fingers across all that texture.
Thank you so much for sharing, a canvas well rescued.
Creative Hugs & warm wishes Tracey xx

Little Artbee said...

Oh Jackie that is a dreamy piece of Art, I love it so much. Great to see the process of growing of this wonderful canvas.It inspired me so much that I will try it myself next time.
Breathtaking Art.
Dear Greetings
Hugs
Sabine

Lys said...

A splendor indeed! Fabulous rich gems and jewels for a beautiful canvas.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie this is beautiful, so much gorgeous texture and detail. Every little piece just adds to the design, just perfect. Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela xxx

Gwen Lafleur said...

Queen? Ha! You're too funny. Love this piece... all of those details and the beautiful texture and bling - gorgeous!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Wow! What an incredible canvas, Jackie - you've outdone yourself again (as always). This is so rich and multi-layered one can look at it for ages, so I'm delighted that you included all those wonderful close-ups! Thanks for the inspiration!

Gibby Frogett said...

wow Wow WOW! Beautiful colours, such a sumptious stunning piece Jackie - Love it!
And as always I am so happy to see all the fabulous details close up - thank you :)
Gill xx

Gio said...

Wow, splendor is definitely the perfect name....such a gloroius and scrumptuos canvas, Jackie. Could be a wonderful wearable art, in my opinion!

denthe said...

How gorgeous Jackie! This is a perfect way to use these sari scraps, they fit so well with the heavily textured background. And the colours again are so yummy. Gwen is lucky to have you showing off her great supplies :-) Hope you're having a beautiful day. Take care and hugs from Belgium ♥ ♥ ♥

Arantzazu said...

wonderful canvas!!!
thanks for playing with us at MMP!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous canvas, so much details and lots of texture. The skeleton leaves are amazing and love all the bling. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Margik said...

Hi Jackie! Your canvas is absolutely beautiful, very creative! The colors are my favorite and I really love those beautiful embellishments and textures.
I apologise for being such an infrequent visitor. I've been such a bad blogger lately.
Mar :)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Exquisite, is all I can say! Wow, you didn't hold back, did you, Jackie? So full of energy and abandon - you go girl, show us how it's done! Mixed media play at its best - just pure, unadulterated FUN! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe I let this slip through and I didn't see it. I have to agree that this is pure Splendor. From the mica powders to the stencil to the sari scraps to the incredible trims, this piece spoke to me. I adore it. I only wish I had been here sooner to see it. It's not just Splendor, it's a true gem!

Marfi-topia said...

Wow!!! this is such a stunning piece of art!!! I love it!

Words and Pictures said...

This is so you! Such an amazing, opulent, jewelled canvas - how fabulous to bring out a project which had ground to a halt and turn it around to something so magnificent. And it looks like you had lots of fun too, which is, I think, the main thing, after all!
Alison x

cozy detaiz said...

Awesome post.Thanks For share this post with us.A teen might give a good friend a friendship bracelet, symbolizing a long-lasting friendship. A person might give his fiancé or spouse a 'Sweetie' bracelet as a long-lasting reminder of his love. And boho jewelry remember that males are additionally comfortable recipients of friendship bracelets.Quite a few retailers provide selections for each women and men in all age teams.