Wednesday, February 12, 2014




I have been working on several different pieces in my studio and this one I have completed! So , I thought I would share...did I mention that I like to collect vintage? Some may say I hoard, but I know better...there is a purpose for everything out there. (by this I mean the huge Pole Barn we have that is so full you can't get in; well at least not till Spring or the first yard sale!) So, on to my upcycled creation. I have always loved the old cosmetic luggage and therefore have one or two-lol- I also was occupying 3 or 4 neat vintage jewelry boxes at once-
 so...this is what I did. 
I wish I had taken in the process photos, but I did not. I stripped out all the interior satin pockets and plastic hold in place items and painted the whole piece with leftover Interior Satin house paint. I meticulously painted the trimming with Stewart Gill Byzantine-AEGEAN paint mixed with Viva Precious Metal -Turquoise -the shimmer is just what i like!
                                        
After the painting I decorated with a few favorites papers and some garnet jewel stones- I applied the ephemera with Aileen's Matte Decoupage Gel and the stones with Aileen's Jewel It-lacquer. and a final coat of the same gel to seal.


 
For the inside I found these great little section boxes already papered  at Marshall's for $2.00 each- SCORE!
       In case you were wondering the ladies on the top are
 by Maxfield Parrish- one of my All-Time Favorite artists! Parrish's paintings are so vivid with colour and the women he paints are so gorgeous ! These ladies are from "The Waterfall" 1930.

  As you can see my blog is a new ongoing assemblage; please bear with me and let me know what you think ! thanks for catching up! 

") Jackie

9 comments:

Annette said...

Love it , I have one I need to play with also. Now come and do mine : ) oxox

Jackie PN said...

I'd be happy to! I loved doing this one! Thanks for coming round Annette! You are a Peach! xoxo

ann said...

WOW!!! Jackie awesome, I love the little section boxes that is a great idea.

Jackie PN said...

Thanks so much Ann!! So glad you found you way here! How's the moon in Oz? teehee

Darlene K Campbell said...

awesome case. can't believe you painted with ateeney brush around those white threads. love the inserts.

Bev said...

Wow now it's a little treasure chest for the family jewels,just lovely...

Jackie PN said...

haha- family jewels indeed!!
and yes, Darlene, I am a bit focused that way-sick huh?
Thanks for checking in gals- you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

I SO want one! That is so very beautiful, like everything you create Sissy !!!

Jackie PN said...

Thank you sweet Judy! I have you on my list--thank you! xoxo