Friday, August 15, 2014

Hello everyone and welcome Friday!
 Today's post is short- but sweet-

 Recently I acquired  Derwent~Inktense Watercolor Blocks from Artistcellar and I decided it was high time I gave them a go-
 What I did was just got comfy in my studio chair and pulled out a journal with a ready made page~
I drew my outline with a white Posca marker- this was difficult for me because I always use pencil and eraser!  But, I figured it was time to move out of my comfort zone-


DSCN9884
This is a photo of my inspiration-titled "Girlfriends" circa 1916-17 , by Gustav Klimt
 


Gustav Klimt is my favorite artist-along side with Maxfield Parrish
 After the outline, I just added color after color, and because this is a set of 12 colors- I was challenged to use what I had and represent Klimt's painting in my own style and palette.



For painting in the color I used my Sakura Koi Water Brush and for fine detail I used a fine liner detail brush. 
The last thing I added was a bit of Stabilo pencil to outline and give some definition. Then gesso was added to the background ,as well as to the whites of the eyes;and Inktense color- I did this by coloring the block on the opposite page and filling my brush with the color and blending with the gesso.
I hope to have inspired you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new!
Jackie ")

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! I adore this ... so utterly beautiful Jackie! Fabulous..I am big big fan of Klimt and Egon Schiele ..
you made my day!
xxx
Susi
Ps...great to see the progress ♥ thank you!

Unknown said...

Jackie, I opened your post and I said look this is Gustav Klimt, then for a second look I noticed it's Jackie Klimt, it's a beautiful interpretation of Klimt's work, I love Klimt as well!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

I love those inktense blocks too...looks like you had fun!

Julie Lee said...

Well done, you, for stepping out of your comfort zone and producing such great art. I love your use of colour and the lovely fluid shapes - just like Klimt. Many years ago, a young American niece of my mum's friend came to London. She stayed with me and I took her around and we went to Paris together. We had so much fun - we laughed and laughed as you do when you're eighteen and twenty! She introduced me to the work of Maxfield Parrish! How interesting that you like his work as well as that of Klimt!MP has such happy memories for me.Happy Weekend, Jackie! Julie Ann xxx

Bev said...

Well what a work of art I'm so impressed and I'm sure Klimt would be to,great use of colour and love the unity of this piece.... I remember my first Klimt it just made me feel so good to look at it ...it's just fabulous Jackie and I hope you do more....hugz Bev

denthe said...

This is such a wonderful interpretation of Klimt's art. Love the bright colours. I have the Inktense pencils and I love the strong colours you get from them ....

Annette said...

Oh another new product, love the review of it and your use of it. I am behind on your posts. that is what I get for being gone. Gotta go catch up my dear lady. xooxox

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning work, Jackie - an amazing first play with a new medium - it's just glorious! Looking forward to seeing what else you've been up to lately...
Alison xx

Gaby Bee said...

I was doing some blog hopping and found you. I totally love what you did here. The detail and colors are amazing.

Marjie Kemper said...

You go girl! The colors are fantastic and it's always good to get out of your comfort zone. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love love oh brave one. Pencil and eraser. That's me. Fun to push yourself and you did a great job. xox

Unknown said...

This is so cool and bravo for not using a pencil and eraser.I would have had a panic attack.I don't have the blocks but I do have the pencils and love how vibrant they are and thanks for sharing info about your fav artists.I will go check their work out.

Gaby Bee said...

Dear Jackie, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit and for your lovely comments.
You are a no-reply blogger, and I'm not able to reply on your comments :(

Gaby xo