Friday, August 1, 2014

Shimmer and Glimmer and lots of yummy texture

                    Happy August 1st everyone! 

For today's post I am all about the texture,glimmer and sparkle factors. My mixed media journal cover needed a facelift , so this is what I did...

To begin,I liberally scraped gesso over entire cover-then went back with my Catalyst Wedge (which I won from Stampendous!!watch for upcoming post)  using the serrated edge and made texture-
                                   mmmmm-lovely-texture

 Next, I pulled out some DecoArt Glamour Dust and tossed into the wet gesso and waited for it to dry 

 After the gesso was dry, out came the Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays- mmmm yummy sparkle and shimmer~in Delphinium Turquoise & Wild Honeysuckle Coral
 ... with a spritz spritz here... and a spritz spritz there...and a tra la la la la... that's how we play our day away...in the merry old land of Oz! (sorry got carried away with the tune! teeeheehee)

Now comes the Cathedral Rouen Stencil by Artistcellar. 
Added to this this stencil,a generous layer of Liquitex Glass Bead Texture Gel Medium- mmmm-more texture & shine!


After this dried in the sun for about an hour- I went back to the table and pulled out the Twinks

Yup, the twinks are where the shimmer and shine are at!! 
                         All that mica yumminess! 
 Twinks,if you are not familiar, is short for Twinkling H2O's-
  I know I usually list all of my colors used, but, there were sooooooo many...if you really need to know a color- leave me a comment or email me and I'll be happy to check on it for you! ")
 After the twinks, next in line for shimmer and shine was the Viva Precious Metal Effect Paint~Orange Yellow. Using a stiff brush,I swiped this over the glass beads. Then with my fingers, I added another layer of shimmer and shine with Golden Interference Violet ...on the edges of the raised stencil sides.
 For the final layer- more- spritzs and splashes to bring all the colors some warmth,using Lindy's Starbursts  ~Cajun Carnelian Red, Red Hot Poker Orange, Glory of the Seas Gold
With all this yumminess of texture shimmer and shine- 
                 I just had to bombard you with close -ups! ")

Thanks so much for stopping! 
and BTW...if you were here last week looking for my Friday post...OOOPS! I forgot to post it as I was elbow deep in veggies- I'll add it to another upcoming post! 
Jackie ")

28 comments:

Renee said...

This is amazing! I love all the textures, colors and twinkling. Great work!

Judy Shea said...

This just makes me drool. So beautiful.. from the simple beginning to an amazing result. I'm a glitzy girl myself. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

mujer y deporte 40 said...

Me encanta esa textura y los colores también.
Un saludo

Janet Joehlin said...

Jackie, This is Delicious! I love your textures and fabulous colors! xo

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Jackie, such great colours and textures!! Total shimmer, glimmer yummieness! You have just inspired me to dig out my Twinks!

Your little parcel went in the post today by the way.

Unknown said...

I love this soooooooo much . I want to go swimming in it its fabulous , awesomeness. Girl you need to make videos please !!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Jackie....this is a gorgeous journal cover!!! It definitely has the WOW factor! Great texture, fabulous colors and I love how the H2O's twinkle. :) xx

johanna said...

oh this is divine!!! so LUSH!! good you showed us the details. makes we want to get my twinklings out, i love them and they are very neglegted these times...
have a great weekend, jackie!

Bindu said...

Nice textures! Love it.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Really cool Jackie love the texture and the colors.

Elly said...

I really enoyed all the pictures and the result is just stunning. Never used Lindy's but i'm sure i will if i can get my hands on. Happy weekend, Jackie ♥

Julie Lee said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous! Wonderful texture, colours and glimmer! This cover reminds me of a beautiful rose window in a gothic church. This post is so beautiful it really lifted my spirits after a difficult week. Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many layers, love this Jackie. xox

Bev said...

Oh so cool love your process the colours just sing...now you have me thinking I have a few journals that need tarting up so thanks for the prompt....

CarolsCreativeJourney said...

OMG as usual. You are such a bounty of wonderful ideas. Am all about shimmer and shine. Thanks again for being so explicit in your sharing. Carol Martine

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful colors and texture... such a great cover!

Darlene K Campbell said...

That Cathedral stencil is wild. And I love the serrated edged knife used on the gesso. Why do all of the products you use look like some kind of luscious dessert? I actually got hungry looking at this tutorial. This cover has gusto!

Annette said...

Hi gal, loving what you are doing . I have some twinklings and love them. Makes regular watercolor look blah. xooxoxox

Kay Wallace said...

What a beautiful cover, Jackie. So much texture and color and detail! I love the way the light plays off your cover! Now, I want to go make a cover! ;-)

Unknown said...

Jackie it's beautiful, I love all the colors, actually the fact that it's colorful it fits mixed media idea so much, by the way I also love using glass bead gel! I was gonna with the kids for 2 days and my I just pop on your work love it! xoxo

~*~Patty S said...

WOWEE Wonderful and extra fun seeing all the steps and ingredients that led to your lovely journal cover Jackie!
Thanks for the fun earworm too ;-)
oxo

Stamping With Bibiana said...

OMG this is so pretty, lots of dimension textures and colors...just wonderful!!!
hugs bibiana

froebelsternchen said...

Yummie...delicious Jackie!

Terry said...

Jackie, this does have some very yummy texture! Love this and the wonderful colors! Beautiful!

denthe said...

I LOVE how you used that glass bead gel. And all those gorgeous yummy colours .... Just makes working in that journal even more fun :-)

Unknown said...

I'm back! Would you email me at adventuresinpaperland@gmail.com please. I have an invite for you to participate in something fun if you're interested. I can give you the details and it's not this month but next so don't panic lol. Thanks!

LuLu Badgley said...

You have made glass bead gel an indispensable art supply...memorable..

Cecilia said...

So beautiful, Jackie! I love it!