Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Snowy Vignette

 It's beginning to look a lot like...
no, no, I won't go there yet. 
However, I am feeling a bit festive earlier in the season than usual- perhaps it is because of all of the festive creativity across the web! 
Today, I am sharing my first ornament of the season...

                       "Bringing home the pine-cone"


  For this project I used this adorable "tea house" from Paper Whimsey.
First, I assembled the house with glue and then painted inside and out with gesso.
I had no idea what I was going to do-or where I was headed!
Next,out came my DecoArt paints-The roof was painted in Americana~Dark Scarlet  and the body of the house in MediaFluidAcrylic~ PhthaloGreen-Blue .
 After painting the inside with the Americana~Muted Gold (one of my fav colors) I decided that I wanted my little house to look old and crackley (is this even a word?) and I needed a light color underneath!
 So a bit of light sanding was done and a quick coat of Muted Gold over everything. When dry I applied a good coat of DecoArt Media Crackle Glaze. The trick with this is to let it just dry to tacky- do not over dry, then apply your top layers of color- which were my first colors above. 
Next, sit back and let the crackle begin! teehee


 For the inside I used a mix of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics~ Primary Cyan,Titanium White,Dioxine Purple and Interference Turquoise to create a wintry snow scene on the back wall.
Then, I backed with heavy cardstock and fancy cut out my figures for inside-
 
 After gluing my figures in place and adding vintage pieces, mini deer, crystal branch pieces and a few mercury beads, the bottom floor of the house was covered in snow glitter!


 I hope you enjoyed my post-and that maybe I have inspired your creativity today! 

Jackie ")

26 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Awww, that so cute and magical!

Karenliz Henderson said...

This is beautiful.

Bastelmami-Sandra said...

Hi Jackie!
You made a great project!
I wish you a wonderful day.
Hugs Sandra

Unknown said...

Jackie I love that, love the teahouse, but love it better with the weathered look that you created on it, and the collage in the inner side, yes dear friend it is very festive, so you got the bite from the net bug :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was i the same feeling today, because I odered my Christmas cards to print from one of my photos. I show it later, but now back to Your wonderful project.

Isn't it nice to make when You don't know where You are going. You can use Your imagination all the time.
I can see You amaising creativity in this project. It is beautiful, really beautiful...
Thank You for this interesting storey. I smile and go to my own hobbies....

Unknown said...

This is precious Jackie, I can't believe how small it is and how much detail you have in it! I truly thought the objects inside were three-dimensional versus paper until I scrolled down. Lovely creative piece, once again!!!

Nichola said...

Cute as buttons!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This has such presence it's hard to imagine that it is as small in 'real life' as it is. Love the crackle multi-layered effect.

~*~Patty S said...

This is precious Jackie and has such a nice European feel to it!
In years past I have grumbled a bit about Christmas trappings going up so early in the store...
but this year after thinking it over after Christmas came and went so quickly last year I decided it was a good thing to extend the season a bit and I am enjoying the twinkle.
Thank you for sharing your sweet creation!
oxo

CarolsCreativeJourney said...

This tickles me.

Julie Lee said...

What a dear little housse with great effects and wonderfully festive colour. I'm so glad you photographed it beside your hand, otherwise I would have had no idea how miniature it is and that really adds to the effect of that tiny little Santa trudging through the snow with his pine cone! I've started my Christmas projects so early this year, as I was very tardy last year and - yes - your make has inspired me yet again, Jackie!xxx

Darlene K Campbell said...

I'm going to go have a look at Paper Whimsey because I love this tea house. Dioramas! And it would make a good manger for a Christmas scene.That little deer is so happy to have found Jackie's wonderland! Awesome...I assume you're in this mood because you have snow too?

Words and Pictures said...

What an adorable festive tea house! Love the bold colours and crackly weathered look of the exterior, and the quirky whimsical pine cone interior scene!
Alison xx

Bev said...

Oh my now you got me feelin it ahhhhh I'm no ready for it lol but would love this for my decorations it's so tactile another little gem.....xox

Astrid Maclean said...

Such a fun and festive looking little house! Love the rugged cracked exterior and the delightful colourful inside. It looks as if you had a lot of fun with it!

Anonymous said...

So adorable. I need to get in the mood too. Maybe after we move this weekend. Might get out the twinkly lights and put them around the house. xox

Unknown said...

This is SO cool Jackie. Love the little 'shrooms and the crackle looks amazing. xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, loving this and it is definitely making it feel a bit like christmas Lol! It's going to be here before we know where we are. Thanks for the visit and hoping you have a great crafty week, Angela x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Very festive great project and I love all the crackle.Dee x

trisha too said...

So pretty and Christmasy. Jackie-my-same-last-name-sister!

Oh yes, gotta love that crackle, why is that so appealing? It gets me every time, it's like magic!

:)

krcmasterpiece said...

Welcome to the Altered Pages team! Looking forward to getting to know you!!

www.krcmasterpiece.blogspot.com

Robin Horasanian said...

Very nice project, Jackie!

Barbara Rankin said...

What a fab ornament. Love that crackle effect too!

toni said...

Wow love your wonderfully crackled snowy vignette! Loads of gorgeous detail x

Mary C. Nasser said...

So fun, Jackie!
Love the different surface and texture effects you achieved!

Kay Wallace said...

Love your tea house, my friend! Great color palette and I appreciate all the time and work that went into this project! A great embellishment for any home!