Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Even in the quietest moments...


 Just a quick tale on the new mixed media piece I made for my Team Member debut on the  Altered Pages Design team



As you can see a piece of packing never goes to waste in my studio!! 
I edged the backing with DecoArt sand paste and let it dry.
No in between pictures as I really have been up to my fingers in projects all over!!
But, what I did next was to cut a piece of cardstock to fit in the center of the above board.


After covering my cardstock with vintage dictionary pages and sealing with matte gel...
I did some fancy stamping with my JFF -StampTangle Border3-Rubber Stamp, whom Altered Pages is partnering with in December. 
Then I  transferred an image of the deer- using DecoArt Image Transfer medium. I also added a torn piece of tissue paper with my wording at the top.

The next steps were as follows;
 I used a few Niji oil pastels to blend some color into and around the center piece
 Sprinkled Fresh Green Crushed Glass Glitter around the center picture and when that was dry,
 I used Gold Leaf Gilt Flakes atop of the glitter. 
Finally, I used my fingers to apply German Silver Gilders Paste to the dried sand texture.
I then attached this finished piece to the substrate using double sided tape
 All of these products can be found at AlteredPages.com
Stayed tuned- My first official post is Thursday~January 1st 2015!!


Thanks so much for stopping~ makes my heart sing!  Jackie ")

7 comments:

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

This is so COOL. Thanks for explaining how you Did what you did and for sharing what you used to do it!
Huge congratulations on being made a member of the Altered Pages design team!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Great post, Jackie - and I love the description...wishing you the best for the holidays and your upcoming excitement afterwards! xoxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Jackie this is brilliant! I find it very difficult to throw packaging away and this is a great way to use it.
Thanks for the idea.
Must have a look at this design team, sounds good, look forward to seeing the things you all make.
Have a great Christmas and an even better New Year, Angela x

froebelsternchen said...

Just brilliant Jackie- so love what you did here!
How exciting with the new DT job!
Congrats on this!
A Verry Merry Christmas to you
xoxoxo
Susi

Unknown said...

Jackie, dear Friend, first of all huge congrats and that is a fabulous piece, loved your stamping and the idea of upcycling that packaging is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Very, very beautiful! So sencitive and wonderful! I love th frames. You are so creative and artistic.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my dier friend :-)

~*~Patty S said...

WONDERFUL creation and reuse of that packaging with all of the yummy textures.
What a precious deer image you transferred too!
Congrats again on being DT...they are lucky to have you.
oxo