Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Greetings from my home to yours

Merry Christmas eve to all of you here in the US and Merry Christmas to those of you who already at Christmas day in other parts of the world!!

Today I would just like to say THANK YOU!!  
To all of my friends,creatives and kindred souls who I chat with regularly on the net, who visit my blog,and encourage and support me! and those who share in art communities with me-all whom I am eternally grateful to have met! 
Thank you all for being a part of my world and allowing me to be part of yours!
I wish you all the Merriest of Christmas tidings & blessing in the New Year for the best of health and all good things!


and now I leave you with a picture tour of my home this season...

 The real elves..aka elf on  a shelf before they became a fashion statement! teehee


 



 Vintage Silver Pom Pom tree...





 My sister Julie and I at the Dey's (Dey Brother's) store downtown Syracuse circa 1960 something ")

and now to my little Christmas village of Pinecone Elves and deer...
 Mom & Dad had a driftwood decoration covered with some moss and about 6 of these elves and 4 deer that they put up on the buffet in the dining room every Christmas time. Every day the positioning was different as one of us girls (there are five of us) would go change their places as we thought our design was the best! heehee
Well, as you can see, I love those elves and could not have just 6!






My son Len made this angel in kindergarten and my son Lindsey made the Mary & Joseph plaque-even though their decorations may be a bit time worn- they come out every year in special places of honor!!  Wonder where they got their creativeness from?! heehee



I would like to say this is how beautiful our snow is outside...but this is actually last week...now it is pouring rain and a big mud mess- so I will leave you with these pictures of a winter wonderland!

My love to you all~

Jackie ")

22 comments:

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Merry merry to you and yours, my dear friend. Big hug and God bless.

Janet Ghio said...

I love your elf collection especially the ones sitting on the ledge over the window! Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Merry Xmas dear Jackie, loved your decorated home, feels so warm and so unique. I miss the snow as well, and all we have is a pouring rain so grey, grey and grey... but not in our heart! Hope you have a joyous time together with your family!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely post, Jackie - wishing you the very best of the holiday season with friends, family, food & festivities! Big hugs!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Awww, that's so sweet Jackie! I love how you bring out your sons' decorations made in kindergarten all those years ago. That's just so cute! I was going to say lucky you have snow, until I read the end of your post. Pants! Santa will just have to tread through the mud then! Make sure he wipes his feet before dropping the presents! Wishing you a lovely Christmas period as well and look forward to seeing all your wonderful creations in 2015!

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Wonderful to see you home and environs all decked out for Christmas. May it be a wonderful time for you, for all of us!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love all your wonderful decorations and treasures. Have a great Christmas, hugs, Valerie

Darlene K Campbell said...

Merry Christmas Jackie...house tour...great idea...may I steal it and do it too? ha ha (Think I may though) We have many of the same things...vintage tablecloths, silver tree, a couple of those elves. I LOVE those two lamps. I have certainly enjoyed the year with you my friend. Thinking of you I smile! Thanks for your friendship and happy holidays-Cheers and love-Darlene

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Lovely! And I remember Dey Brothers...syracuse of my childhood :-) your fairy is in the top of my tree again this year, will send pix

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Jackie!

DIYDesignStudio said...

Let us all have the most wonderful Christmas, making new memories! xo

Claudia N. said...

Thanks for the tour round your place, Jackie!

A merry Christmas to you too and I miss the snow too.

Have some joyful and relaxed holidays with your loved ones!

Claudia x

Bev said...

Wonderful you have all the great ideas ,merry Christmas my friend to you ,Riley ,Chummy and the girls....
Love Bev ,Nike and Oscar xoxo

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

I love your post Jackie :) That vintage tree is just awesome. The elves..that you love them and keep the tradition alive just brings tears of joy to my eyes! Thanks for sharing with us.

Robin Horasanian said...

Merry Christmas, Jackie!

Karla B said...

Merry Christmas, my friend!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Merry Christmas Jackie and thanks for your great support and visits.
Have a lovely time and big hugs, Angela and dogs of course lol!x

Julie Lee said...

Sorry, I'm so late in stopping by, Jackie. I was ill before Christmas and then things just went crazy! I loved looking at this post today! How cute those Christmas elves are. I love all your nostalgic decorations and that pic of your and your sis with Santa is delightful. I do hope you've been having a great time. I am so looking forward to seeing all you create in 2015! xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy and very Happy New Year to You, very creative, too.
Have a wonderful vacation first and then back to art :-D

Seth said...

Thanks for the tour of your beautiful home Jackie. And thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us. Looking forward to crossing paths online in 2015...and maybe again in person sometime soon.

aimarii said...

Sorry I am little late but better late than never. Your Christmas looks so nice and there is a lot of snow like here is too.
Now I wish you Happy New Year ♥

~*~Patty S said...

Christmas at your house looks oh so special and beautiful dear Jackie.
So many treasures...your deer collection oh my and the wee elves and the precious creations from your sons = priceless!
It is a real delight to be connected to you across the miles.
Thank you for sharing your passion and talents.
Happy Healthy New Year to you and yours...oxo