Monday, January 19, 2015

Guest design post for Country View Crafts Challenges


 WOW! was I ever thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer for Country View Challenges!!
On any given day, the inspiration that is shown on CVC is to say the least, Incredible- so when I was notified by Chris, I was over the moon excited! 
Our challenge for this month is to Try Something New-to you.
Next came the mind racking- what shall I create? Well if you follow along I'll show and tell and hopefully will have inspired you to go try something new!!

Chris also asked, that I share a bit about me,then onto my project!
Hello, Jackie P Neal here!
To begin, I am a mainly self-taught, mixed media artist,loving all sorts and types of mediums and products- texture and color exciting my muse!
I live in a rural town in upstate New York,called Wolcott,on a small "farmette" of 13 acres,as we like to call it.Unfortunately for me, but good for the pocketbook,we live about 50 miles from any art supply stores! Ugh!- thank you Internet shopping!! heehee Everyday life for me is spending time with my husband and Golden Retriever; either gardening, walking the woods, putting up vegetables,organizing in the pole barn or in my studio playing and making art.
My life is truly blessed and I'm really so glad to be able to share some of  it with others-
My project this month was a  piece created by using or doing something new to me. I had to think hard on this because I like to try everything once,sometimes twice-teehee so I wasn't sure of what I would do.
Recently I was watching a tutorial from a friend's blog,Susanne Rose where she was using Gelatos on ATC's. Light-bulb moment here- I remembered in the beginning of the year,2014-that is, I won a set of Gelatos from Retro Cafe' Art and had not yet used them!!  This is what I created, a mini piece of wall art, featuring  my using Gelatos for the first time.

For my substrate I used a piece of cardstock that had nice edging on both sides. I used the blue Gelato around the outside edges,smoothed in with my fingers and just inside of the blue on the top I used gold which was feathered-in to the blue.

 My next step was to use a piece of scrap paper and apply with gel medium some vintage text. On this I used the same technique, applying Gelatos blue and gold, with my favorite art tool,my fingers! 

This time I used more of the gold, filling up the center of the text. 
( I forgot to add to the original post, that i added a layer of DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss Glaze to which I added some flake glitter for sparkle)

 Next was to add a few sprays of Lindy's starbursts,which is seen better in close-up. 

After that I added some DecoArt Crackle Glaze,to give that vintage look to the center piece.

This part was then adhered to the substrate and scrap art graphics by itKuPiLLi were added.  was added.  The tiny gold stars at the top are pieces of gold gilt/leafing-applied with gel medium.And then I added just a hint of liquid glitter to the edges.

On the bottom I added a smaller piece made the same way and attached this with a series of 3 jump rings. 
And to this hanging piece, I added my quote. 


Thank you so much for joining me and many thanks and big hugs to Chris and the others at CVC for asking me along! 
  Jackie P Neal ")












13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is AMAZING Jackie...yeah!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Jackie,
I had to pop over once I saw this on CVC blog. It is so gorgeous, the whole composition and palette are just so pleasing to the eye.
Smiles:)
Sue

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Love it Jackie! The experimentation with the Gelatos worked out great for you :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful project Jackie, love it, the colours are gorgeous, too. Hugs, Valerie

Bev said...

Jackie this year is going to be a big one for you and well deserved xox

Annette said...

Love the use of Gelatos, I have not ever played with them Hugs

VickiRossArt said...

Soo colorful, Jacque-ee! P. Neal! Love the winken blinkin nod paper. I haven't used my little four oak of gelatin yet either...must do!

Darlene K Campbell said...

I went over to the site and shared my joy for you there. Forgot to say how I liked the text you chose to work. You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!! Congratulations! You are amazing lady, I must say. Really artist. Always You find something new and beautiful.
I understand why they asked You!!!
That was god and wright shosen.
I am proud about You :-)

VickiRossArt said...

Buahahahah! Would you believe Wicki testing to see if you read? No? Than wouldja believe auto correct? Four set gelatos, not four oak of gelatin! How funneeee!

aimarii said...

The very challenging project. Some people can do a lot of things and I think you are one of them.

Jackie said...

I am happy I came to visit today♥ Your blog is filled with creativity!
I can not believe it took you so long to try your Gelatos. Your piece is gorgeous♥

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous! I always learn something from you! LOVE the Deco Art goodies!