Thursday, February 19, 2015

Happy Chinese New Year-The Year of the Goat

The Year of the Goat
 2015
Linking up with Art Journal Journey~ Birds,Beasts & Humans

Today I am sharing a piece that I made for my post over at Altered Pages- my date to post fell perfect on the Chinese New Year celebration!

 I started with a piece of hardboard and covered it with Asian Papers from Altered Pages.com
 Next I gave them color using Distress Inks and Stains
 Here I am auditioning my papers to decide on my layout
 I have stamped out a few of the fans from the multi stamp and fancy-cut them
 Ahhh, a favorite part...adding glitter and beads-
 For the hanger, I used a kitchen skewer and wrapped my vintage lace around it and glued it to the back of the board, using clips to hold in place overnight
 A few more details added-microbeads in the flower centers and glitter glue on the red flowers
 And the last detail, a lucky cat charm hanging from the lace!

Thank you so much for your visit
I do hope I inspired you to create something today!
Be sure to stop over to Altered Pages.com to see the exciting items to use in your artful altered creations!

Altered Pages Products used:


Other Products used:

Distress Stains & Inks~Fired Brink,Vintage Photo,Mustard Seed

Cut-outs from scrapbook papers

Vintage Lace

Skewer

Lucky Cat charm

Martha Stewart Glitter~Glue-Garnet







It is with regret,that I share some sad news with you today

The mixed media art world has lost a wonderfully gifted , talented and beautiful art sister this week~
JoAnna Pierotti of Moss Hill Studio is resting peacefully now after her long battle with cancer.
For those of you who know of Joanna,or been fortunate enough as I to take one of her classes know what a cleverly kind soul she was and how beautiful her fiber art as well as many other creative pieces are.  A very caring, generous woman, who was very brave and fought hard.
We will miss you, JoAnna ,sleep peacefully
~ sending out prayers of healing and wishes of peace to her family and friends



Jackie

29 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous piece this is, Jackie - it has that happy Chinese New Year feel all over it!

So sorry to hear about your art friend. :-(

Janet Ghio said...

Your year of the goat piece is wonderful-I love the color on it and those tiny fans are just the perfect touch!! I still have many pieces of candy left--you should stop over and have a piece--I'm pretty good at eating only one piece a day--altho sometimes I just have to have two!! So sorry to hear about JoAnn--I know her name, but can't remember what type of art she did.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

This is so wonderfully coloured and layered, Jackie! A beautiful piece! Anything to do with China is so exciting and exotic! I'm very sorry to hear the sad news.

Unknown said...

What an awesome piece! I love the fans. I'm sorry about your friend.

~*~Patty S said...

What a perfectly wonderful Lunar New Year piece you created dear Jackie. Love every detail!

I did not know JoAnna but she clearly touched many hearts and I am sure she will be missed. Sorry for your loss.
oxo

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful piece - so much color, texture and imagery, and yet so balanced. Just beautiful Jackie. I was so sorry to hear about JoAnna. I never met her but can tell she was extraordinary. xx

Jo Murray said...

Asian inspired pieces are a fave with me....lovely. I didn't know Joanna, but it is always sad to hear of someone passing before their time.

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear that JoAnna died. Your piece is fabulous, perhaps you would like to link it to our Art Journal Journey challenge? Hugs, Valerie

trisha too said...

Beautiful, Jackie--love that little cat charm, perfect touch.

So sad about Joanna, what a beautiful and talented lady.

Felicia said...

Jackie this is a FABULOUS piece! How super creative and colorful! You really hit the nail on the head with this Chinese New Year piece! I LOVE IT!! So fully of yummy textures as well. My heart is saddened for your friends' family and loved ones and people such as yourself whose life she touched in a special way! I was not familiar with her, however a precious soul lost is still a precious soul lost! Many blessings and prayers to you all!

Astrid Maclean said...

A perfect piece for the occasion Jackie! It has a real Asian feel to it!

So very sad to hear about Joanna, - sending love, parayers and good thoughts to her family and loved ones....

Unknown said...

Jackie, what a beautiful piece, I love it!

I'm so sorry for your friend! I went to her blog and read about her, what a wonderful soul she was. Praying for her family.

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful project Jackie ... this is gorgeous .. so many details...
it's so sad
to hear this about Joanna- I am sorry about this!

Anonymous said...

First I was very fond of Your Chinese goat, and it is very beautiful...but then I read more and all stopped...
Last year was very sad because we also lost many friends, even one little boy.
I am very sad about Your friend. I am sure You (and all) miss her very much.

Julie Lee said...

This is such a beautiful creation. I love the glitter and glitz of it and the lovely Chinese feel. It reminds me of the colourful art work in Chinatown in London, where the Chinese New Year is always celebrated with enthusiasm and lots of colour! I saw that JoAnna had passed on Kristin Hubick's FB. I did not know her, but she sounds such a wonderful, creative woman. I am sorry to hear the news. xxx

Pam Wildeboer said...

This is a great Chinese New Year dedication piece! Loving all the elements and of course the reds and golds :)

I am so sorry for the loss of JoAnna. May she rest peacefully and may her family and friends find comfort in the life she shared with others.

xo

Bev said...

This is just wonderful Jackie you sure captured the Chinese look so well....I'm so sorry you lost your friend
Hugz Bev

Nancy TeWinkel said...

Happy Year of the Goat to you dear Jackie! Beautiful way to express the joy of the New Year.

froebelsternchen said...

So glad you are with us at
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
♥♥♥
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for joining us at AJJ, hUGS; vALERIE

Marilou said...

Fun creation Jackie, nice tribute to Joanna, I took her class at the first Artful Gathering 5 years ago, she was a lovely gal with a gentle soul, wonderful teacher, I treasure the piece I created in her class and her work had a great influence on my art being a newbie online at the time.
Hugs again awesome work'
Marilou

denthe said...

Wonderful creation with lots of details. Love seeing how you came to the end result. So sorry to hear about JoAnna, some people just have to go way too soon ....

Christine said...

lovely mixed media. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Darlene K Campbell said...

Oh my NO! when I scrolled to JoAnn's photo I hoped the sad news wasn't about her. I've never met her but feel as if I know her by visiting on line and admiring her work for years in the Stampington magazines. What a loss for the art community. I'm happy you got to take a class with her. I'm so very sorry for your loss of a new artist friendship so short lived. Hugs to you Jackie

aimarii said...

Asian has inspired you to create so nice Chinese New Year peace.
Indeed you believe horoscope?
I am sorry to read that JoAnna died. We know it´s time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted; ...

Words and Pictures said...

A great celebration of the Year of the Goat - the gilding and colours are full of joy.

And although the news about JoAnna is very sad - the joy that she clearly brought into your life and that of others is worth celebrating too.
Alison xx

PiaRom said...

What a lovely project! ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the New Year project. Great detail and the colour scheme is perfect.
Sorry to hear about JoAnna it sounds as though there are many people who will miss her very much.
Sending big hugs, Angela x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Way way way cool! LOVE the colors and images, and the theme!