Friday, July 17, 2015

Celebrating Alice!

            Greetings & welcome to the weekend!!
Today I am sharing a piece that I FINALLY finished!

Did you know that...
This year marks Alice's 150th anniversary. 
Alice Liddell- Lewis Carroll's muse and inspiration for Alice in Wonderland

If you Google Alice's 150th, you will discover a plethora of events and programs,celebrated all around the world in honor of this young lady. 
I have always been a huge fan of Alice ever since I was a young girl,so I felt it only fitting that I too should make something to honor Alice!

There are no step by steps as this was awhile in the making.
 Found this real cool vintage drawer at a yard sale and had to have it!for what? I was not sure at the time,but my muse said, what about ALiCe?
Some time ago I created this arch,and never really could find the best way to display it.
 Hey!what about that vintage drawer?! says my muse.
 
 



The black & white tag hanging here was made by my art sister and friend Linda Edkins Wyatt
   The Mad Hatter Tea Party Sculpture is actually in NYC's Central Park. As is the Imagine,Strawberry Fields Sidewalk . Linda actually photographed both in person and digitally manipulated these on to her tag. thank you Linda-a perfect fit!
 















The photo behind the Red Queen,is by Pam Carriker.
 A few years back I purchased some of Pam's stamps and received the postcard as well.
The  beautiful ladies that Pam paints are always so regal looking-again, a perfect fit!
 Thank you Pam!
 The Red Queen is a stand-up paper doll,I created.
(sorry for the blur-she was not cooperating!)
Off with her head!
And there you have it, my fun tribute to Alice!
 and while we are on the subject of fun things...

woo hoo,look at the goodies I won from the Stampendous-Faber-Castell blog hop!! (as well as a gift card)
Thank you,thank you!!
 I do hope you enjoyed your visit today and maybe you are inspired to go create something fun! 
Jackie ") 


 linking up with Chris over at:
http://doodleartifacts.blogspot.com/2015/07/recycle-re-purpose-re-invent-challenge.html

23 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Jackie, this is the most detailed, amazing tribute to Alice! Just sticking with it, and carrying it forward..........oh my. And then the final outcome.....WOW! So much to see, so much to think about and admire, so very talented! hugs

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Jackie, when I saw the headline I thought about that tag, and lo and behold, there it is :-) love the idea of combining a drawer and an arch. And looove that red queen!

Julie Lee said...

I too have always loved all things Alice! I adored the books as a child and I love to see the way different artists interpret the characters so much. I love what you have created here. It's lively and colourful with so much wonderful detail! What I adore is the way you upcycle so imaginatively. You spot the potential of discarded, unloved objects and give them a new and fun lease of life. Visits to your blog just never fail to inspire me. Wow! Now the sun just appeared from behind the grey clouds - were you responsible for that, Jackie??? Ha ha! xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful wok Jackie, I absolutely LOVE this creation! Well done! Hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

Holy cow Jackie, you never do anything half way do you!!! This is spectacular and what an amazing theme!! There are so many wonderful details here, I keep looking at it and finding something new every time! Well freaking done! hugs :)

artbyjune said...

This is so wonderful!! I just love alice too. You have created something so special and with lots of love!

~*~Patty S said...

WOWEE Fabulous tribute and brilliant use of that drawer.
The details are amazing and so inviting to take a closer lookie look.
You and your muse outdid yourselves Missy!
Happy Birthday to Alice indeed.
♥ ♥ ♥
Happy Weekend to you and yours dear Jackie
oxo

Tristan Robin said...

This is nothing short of knock-your-socks-off fabulous!!! What wonderful detail and delightful composition. I just love it! Totally enchanting!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a wonderful piece, Jackie - just delicious is so many ways. My friend Alice is going to love seeing this! xo

Nancy TeWinkel said...

This piece is terrific! I love everything about it and am excited for the use of the drawer...wow! Excellent artwork.

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Well, now isn't this just right up my alley - indeed Win!
I did NOT know this year is the 150th anniversary of the story of Alice in Wonderland - and so I too will have to do something to honour that!
I love that you have combined the works and treasures from other people, the way all these components took so long to piece together - and - how gorgeous is the outcome? Go ask Alice!
"BRILLIANT" she said!

Darlene K Campbell said...

This is spectacular Jackie!! I like how you incorporated friend's art into this piece. Adds special meaning. This is something that if I keep looking at it I find surprises tucked here and there. Great honor for Alice. I'm a fan of this story too.

Mellowood Gallery said...

Fabulous piece of creativity! What a lot of work it must have been - well done!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Brilliant Jackie, love it to bits. So much fabulous detail. I love the Alice in Wonderland story and still have the book that I was given as a child.
Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela xXx

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my goodness - this is breathtaking Jackie!
A feast for the eyes!
Congrats an this win as well!

That is super!!!

Happy weekend dear Jackie!
xxx
Susi

Kerstin F. said...

Fabulous, wonderful and very creative details!!

Bev said...

What amazing work and a wonderful tribute to Alice well done love what you did with the drawers ,you are so inventive...

Astrid Maclean said...

OMG Jackie, what an incredible projects and what a worthy celebration of Alice's 150th anniversary! The detail on this is just incredible, the finished result is simply stunning! Awesome from beginning to end!!

Words and Pictures said...

What a phenomenal creation, Jackie - an absolutely stunning way to celebrate the 150th anniversary of that most wonderful of books. Unbelievable in its detail and intricacy - it's mesmerising. Bravo!
Alison xx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Jackie, What a beautiful piece of inspiration. I love every bit of it including the fantastic theme you chose. You have such a wonderful eye for detail and I can only imagine the hours if not days it must have taken to create such a enchanting piece. I would love it if you would come and share this on my Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent Challenge blog this month. Your recycled & altered drawer is so very gorgeous and I am sure others there would love seeing it and be totally inspired too.

:) Chris / CS Designs
Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent Monthly Challenge
Doodle Pieces Original Art by Chris Stern
CS Designs - Original Digital Stamps

Seth said...

This is really spectacular piece. So many details to see and find. Impressive!

Michele said...

you have celebrated Alice fabulously! this is a stunning piece. thanks for linking up to the doodle artifacts recycle challenge! xo from Michele, July guest artist

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Jackie, just stopping by again to say thank you for inspiring us with your beautiful recycled & altered drawer in the July challenge on Recycled, Re-Purpse & Re-Invent challenge. I am still just as blown away by your fabulous piece as I was the first time I saw it and sure everyone that saw it, loved it just as much as I did.
:) Chris / CS Designs