Tuesday, July 7, 2015

What we did over the 4th of July!

Here is upstate New York it was a glorious weekend- rain free,sunshine and festive!
   Even though we celebrated a bit,and worked much more...I did manage some art time and finally completed my week 2 of the SOC,a bit behind!


 
The colors for Week 2~
         1 Pink + 1 Pink + 1 Orange



I actually liked working in this palette,and found the blending of my colors refreshing.
 Products used were,Distress Paints~Picked Raspberry & Worn Lipstick as well as Tim Holtz's Layering Stencil Blossom and Dina Wakley Media Acrylic~Tangerine
The chipboard flower pieces are from Gina's Designs. I just love her selection of intricately cut pieces- check her out here~Gina's Designs
This is a journal page that I have removed from the book and will try to adhere to a canvas.
Have you ever tried this?any ideas on how you did, would be appreciated!
 *******************************************************************
Every now and again I show bits and pieces of our life here in Wolcott,New York,on the "Farmette" as I like to call it.
 if you have a few minutes...browse the rest of the photos
This is the celebrating part I referred to earlier. 
Photos are of the 4th of July Parade in Fair Haven,New York,that we go to every year.
 

The red,white and blue planes in formation were pretty neat!













 These fun flyers kicked off the beginning of the parade.
 Next up ,the band leader,who is here every year- he just dances his way along the mile long parade!
 lots and lots of Fire Trucks- one even came from The town of Webb- up by the Adirondacks!!











Little twirlers, Soccer players alike




Ponies of a different color! 













Dairy princess?
 and even the horses bum was decorated! heehee



















and then there were...tractors
Giant Serpents and actors in costume from the




                                          Tropical Island band
 And Scottish Pipe Band
Parade Bands
 and Downbeat Percussion~these drummers who rocked it so much so,
   that my curbside friends, Emma and Autumn were dancing in the streets!


Autumn on the left and Emma on the right-
 and not sure who the photobomber is! heehee
 











                                                 The parade wound down with a few more floats...



Then,over to field days for food and rides!
********************************************************************
and for the part of my post of our weekend is from the working I was referring to.

 Last summer we built a front deck on our home...

 this past weekend we closed it in...

 I picked this window up about 8 years ago with the intent of using it at Kamp Se'Krit 
-the window finally has a home!

Thanks so much for joining me today and I truly hope your Summer is filled with Fun,Color and Inspiration!
Jackie ")

21 comments:

Judy Shea said...

What a great weekend you had. I'm glad you got some fun in besides building the beautiful enclosure of the deck. That parade looks like a hoot. AND that texture.. oh goodness.. i love me some texture and especially flowers. Gorgeous. Sometimes if I really want to get things pasted down well, I've used caulking. You can get a squeeze one, but I'm sure you have some around. OR just use a heavy gel medium. Good luck.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love your SOC piece. Those seem to my favorite colors lately too. I've used gel medium and a brayer to adhere pages to canvas. You two are busy bees. WOW closed up the deck in a weekend?!!! Can I give you two a to do list for my house????

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you all had a fab weekend, that's good. The deck looks wonderful, too! Beautiful work for SOC! For attaching paper to canvas I would use a spray glue, but you need to do it out of doors! Hugs, Valerie

Janet Ghio said...

Love the colors on your art piece. Very cool dragon in the parade. And you've been hard at work on the farmette as usual!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Ah, those oversized parade puppets were fabulous. Would love to make something like that. Tangerine paint of Dina's line is lovely and I imagine you should be able to adhere the paper to canvas easily?? At least I think....try putting a layer or two of gesso on the canvas. Then adhere with a super heavy gel medium, or PVA glue used for bookbinding. Let us know if it works. Cheers-Darlene
P. S. I worked on 4th of July! (Bugger)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That's a wonderful piece, Jackie - and it looks as though you had a terrific fourth as well!

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love the colour and texture in your art piece and your enclosed porch is fabulous. Love the window; great purchase.
Hugs,
Teresa

Unknown said...

I would love to come sit on your new enclosed front porch in the rain Jackie!!!! It's soooooooo nice. You will love it. And your pink,pink, orange is WONDERFUL. I love the different kinds of mixed media - makes it PERFECTLY LOVELY. Thanks bunches for sharing all the great pictures - so fun to see. j.

Julie Lee said...

I really love pink and orange, Jackie! I love the texture you created on this too! Autumn and Emma look like great little dancers and what a fun parade! Over here in the UK, it seems that next weekend there are going to be a lot of village fetes, which are big over here in summer. We were invited to one today, so we're heading there on Saturday. I should maybe take some pics to share so you can see what we get up to! I love your new enclosed front porch, Jackie. I do enjoy your posts so much. I always feel like I've been to visit! xxx

sarascloset said...

Jackie, you always kill me! Photobomber, indeed! Looks like a fun parade, and possibly more acceptable weather than we had in the south. Lauren would love the horse! I love your lovely canvas; the colors are fabulous, and of course, I love the texture! I use Perfect Paper Adhesive spread with a slightly dampened brush and a good book and my kids piggy bank whenever I want a nice tight and smooth contact for a large surface, but I've never tried it on canvas. It claims to adhere any porous surface.This is going to be great hanging on your wall! big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Busy weekend indeed. Love your porch do, we have the same roof over our deck, love the corrugated metal, sheds the rain so well too! xox

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Someone's been having a great time, pleased the weather was good for you. It's lovely to see what you've been up to, makes you feel much closer.
I just love the project, it's a brilliant use of the colour palette. Not quite sure how you did the lovely textured part?
Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela xXx

Bev said...

Wow you did have a fun weekend great pics...love your page I have used PVA glue to adhere work to canvas ,I actually use it a lot in my mixed media ....your special window looks great in your new area love seeing the sun shining through...

Pamellia said...

Beautiful page Jackie! Love the colours. I have had great success with Mod Podge of all things! Your porch looks awesome, great place to sit and enjoy the elements, without being IN them! lol.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my beach project. I messed up the name of the product I used, it's called "Re-Harvested PETE Plastic". It's basically a clear gloss gel with chunky plastic glitter in it. It's a product used from recycled materials, so that's fun! Here is a link for you. hugs :)

http://www.deserres.ca/en-ca/search/re-harvested-pete-plastic-gel-medium-250ml/114698/

Anonymous said...

Hello My Dear Friend Jackie :-)

I am coming and going and I see, You, too. What a weekend! Great paintings and nice new front of house. Do You paint it pink, too, :-DD

Have a nice summer, greetings, Uuna

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Happy belated Independence Day, Jackie! Your front deck would make a great craft area - open or closed!

froebelsternchen said...

Love your SOC colored Mixed Media piece... AWESOME!
Thank you for the fab photos..and what a fantastic porch now.Great use of the window as well- very clever! We have to renovate our very old ruined one ..but this will come later... we don't use it.. in winter it is much to cold and in summer much to hot... just for drying laundry it's fine... and for this the costs for the renovation are a bit high..so it has still to wait...

♥♥♥
Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

A fantastic piece Jackie, wow, not only do the colours look super but I just love the textures, amazing! It certainly looks as if you had a super time on the 4th too!!

~*~Patty S said...

Such a great post full to the brim of all kinds of fun and creativity and more!
That must be quite a popular parade...your pics are super Jackie.
Your soon to be canvas is so rich and lovely. I would be interested to know what works for making that happen/adhere.
Your vision for that pretty window sure makes your front porch addition extra special. Being a fan of shadows...you captured it so sweetly.
oxo

Barbara Rankin said...

OMG, I love your canvas, pink + pink + orange. How cool is that. And I love your porch enclosure too. It is so very cute!!!

Words and Pictures said...

I'm completely in love with your textured canvas - they're not colours I use very often, but when I do I have a lovely time, and I love them whenever I see them. Amazing work.

And thank you for sharing all those fun parade photos - what a fantastic time everyone is having! Good work on the porch enclosure too.
Alison xx