Friday, July 10, 2015

Kitschy Kamp Lamp upcycle with DecoArt

 I love garage sales! 
No not having them,buying from them!teehee One can find the cutest or most clever pieces to upcycle at these!! 
 This intro leads me to my share for today! 
My kitschy kamp lamp ! 

Here's how it goes...
We found this lamp at a sale and my husband said we had to have it for camping-not as it is I said! 
  Above, the lampshade gets its first coat of gesso to cover the outdated sunflower pattern.
 My base weapons of choice are DecoArt Chalky Finish in both Refreshing & Treasure.
One coat of Refreshing on the main body and Treasure on the rims.
 One coat is all was needed to cover up the previous pattern.
Next up, I printed, clipped and adhered kampy type pictures around the body of the lampshade,using DecoPage in Matte by DecoArt(I love this product)
Next came stenciling in shades of Inheritance, Ancestral and Rouge,again,Chalky Finish by DecoArt.
I stenciled in between the pictures, blending my colors to give a cohesiveness with the pictures.
Stencils used are from Stencilgirl-
 
  And the finished lamp!
 My husband insisted the base needed nothing more...















and I agree-kinda kitschy cute the way it is!!


Thanks for joining me again today  and I sure hope I have inspired you to shop the garage sales! Go Green and upcycle with DecoArt! 
Jackie ")




26 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Oh MY! you have turned this into a classic beauty.
A brilliant transformation and new life dear Jackie!!!
Happy Weekend to you and yours.
We are enjoying having our son home for a visit after all these years of him being in CO.
It makes me wonder how bloggers with "young" children can manage it all. Here he is an adult child and well you know...lots of extra wonderful excitement here.
I am sneaking in a few minutes trying to play catch up.
oxo

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this Jackie.... and your hubby is right the base is perfect. You did a fabulous job on the shade... it just could not be any cuter. Looks like something I need here for the ranch!!! ADORABLE!!! j.

Valerie-Jael said...

You have made a real treasure out of this Jackie, LOVE your upcycling. That would look great on my kitchen able, too! Well done on another masterpiece! Hugs, Valerie

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love it. What a great transformation. Yes, you're hubby is right leave the base alone.

Julie Lee said...

I really love the vintage look of this lamp, Jackie. It goes so well with that mustard-jar base - brilliant! I also like the stencils, which work so very well with the images. xxx

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Wow Jackie what a masterpiece of up cycling you must be very pleased with the results. x

Bev said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bev said...

Oh how fun you sure have a talking piece there lol

VickiRossArt said...

Wow! Everyone is weighing in on this one! Camping be dammed! I'd put that right in my kitchen! My DecoArt boxes are still in living room as I finish up seven days of studio redo...can't wait!

Mellowood Gallery said...

Very clever. I never do things like that - I have enough stuff in my house already which most people my age do but A friend of mine often does ' fixer uppers like this. Maybe one day I will try too!.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Cool Jackie

Darlene K Campbell said...

I'm a HUGE fan of mustards! This lamp is outrageously creative. You'll be the talk of the campsite...certainly making all the other campers jealous. LOVE IT Jackie! Hugs-

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Wow! Love it 😀

Unknown said...

very creative and different

Unknown said...

Simply Darlin' my friend!!!!

Anonymous said...

perfect redo, love the kitsch!!!! Xox

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fun and happy looking makeover! And yes, the base is just perfect the way it looks! Now I just hope you will have loads of fun with it on your camping trips

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic makeover Jackie! Looks fab!

Pamellia said...

Good grief Jackie, your creativity is off the charts!! I can't believe you made a lamp out of a mustard container, AND it's awesome to boot!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! hugs :)

denthe said...

It's great what you made of this Jackie! I just love recycling old things and making them more to my liking. It's addictive really. This is such a fun way to recycle that lamp. Love your creative ideas!

PiaRom said...

Haha awesome how it turned out! It is always worth a try to make something new out of old stuff! Bravo!! ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Elly said...

Just brilliant!! :o)

Kasia Krzymińska said...

That is simply gorgeous! good job! thank you for sharing :)
ps. I looove garage sales too

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a fabulous job on that lamp, Jackie - it just makes me grin! You'll be camping in great style with that one, and have the pleasure of a knowing you saved it from a certain deadly end-of-life in that garage sale! xo

Judy Shea said...

I'm going to start calling you "No Fear Jackie". That's so cool. End result is great. Good eye, that hubbie.

Words and Pictures said...

What a marvellous retro makeover - this will light up your camping holidays brilliantly! And what fun would the world be without a little kitsch?!
Alison xx