Tuesday, August 25, 2015

It's a family affaire with DecoArt



  
Last month,during the Artista Retreat photos, you may recall this one here of my handsome husband? Well, what Riley was up to in this photo was the remaking of a very well used StarCraft popup camper into our new veggie stand. 
No photos of the actual cutting down and rebuilding to share with you,as there was way too much sweat and grunge! 
Plus,I found it rather difficult to hold the camera while steadying the pipes in place so Riley could weld them together! ")
Here is the newly built stand getting the base coat of paint. I will say that my resourceful "superman" used all found materials from his scrap pile out back-nothing purchased to build this!
Riley always says,"that's why farmers never throw anything away!" 
 and I quit saying,but you're not a farmer! lol
Final base coat before the painting fun begins!

Time for stenciling! I love the mod look achieved with the stencils and colors I chose.

Now to share the fun!
Here is my lovely dil,Neda,helping out with the painting! and of course Chum has to watch!





 
Riley taking a five minute break ! ")
Only one missing is my son Len-who is over at the pond,scooping out the weeds, his way of relaxing!!
A bit of detailing and phone checking- teehee
Americana Chalky Decor Finish-the only paint you'll ever need! (commercial worthy? I don't think so! teeheehee)

Finally, here I Decou-Page d the veggie graphics I printed out and hand-painted the names. Finished off with two coats of gloss varnish.

        



Our finished veggie stand!



Products used: 
Americana Decor Stencils-
Distressed Harlequin 

Andy Skinner Mixed Media Stencils-
Whirlpool

AMERICANA MULTI-SURFACE ACRYLICS:
True Blue
Sky Blue
Blue Lagoon

Americana Decor Chalky Finish:
Heritage

 Carbon
Americana DuraClear Gloss Varnish
Americana Decou-Page Matte

Thanks so much for joining me again today and stayed tuned...more fun painting posts coming real soon as well as some shared excitement about whats happening here in my my part of the world! 
Jackie ")

there's still this week to join DecoArt's Americana Decor's Second Chances Contest!
 

27 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, the stand came out amazing. You all did a fabulous job. But I think your Superman deserves a standing ovation! Amazing.

Valerie-Jael said...

I'll say it again - wish it wasn't so far, I would be a good customer for your veggies. Your stand is fantastic, what a lot of work you have all put into it, well done! Love your artistic efforts, so pretty! Hugs, Valerie

Felicia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a fun project Jackie! Bright and happy, like you! Thanks for letting us take a peek behind the scenes and showing us your crew!

Unknown said...

Dear me Jackie - this is WONDERFUL - I am smiling so big..... what a SUPER GREAT project and even though it was hard, grungy, sweaty work.... so fun to see it as a family affair too!!! It turned out WONDERFULLY. Your DecoArt signs look like they are done professionally. They are just PERFECT - so bright and colorful and fun. Plus your fun design behind the signs is just exactly the right amount to make it a great attraction. Thanks bunches and bunches for sharing this.... made my day! j.

Felicia said...

Jackie P, you are too stinking cute!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that stand! You guys are off the chain creative! And....I love, love the painting and stenciling you guys did and the signage, of course, is just fabulous! I think the "group" effort will pay off! Just love it my friend! :)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh, Jackie - what a fabulous stand you've all created. I love it that it's a family project, and it looks just smashing! Well done all. xoxo

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Yum fresh veggies sold in a perfectly painted stand. I wish I could come by and get some! I miss growing things! Lovely use of your deco arts paints and your family labor force :)

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Wow, what a transformation! Well done :-)

Darlene K Campbell said...

Well I hope you entered this in the second chance contest! (Seriously) This is soooo original and great that you two make me jealous. (Ha ha) How do you get all of this done? I seem to get stuck in the idea stage for projects like this. Amazing. You know that customers will want your produce and Riley to build them a stand don't you? I think you have a gift for hand lettering too. Now I know where I'll buy my pumpkins this year. Hugs and Love, Darlene

froebelsternchen said...

This is the most beautiful veggie stand I have ever seen !
GORGEOUS!!!!
Your hubby is genius - you both are great together!!
And super that the beautiful DIL helped as well!
Good luck with the selling!
oxo
Susi

Chesley said...

Wow, Jackie! What an amazing project! I love it that it's a family project and it turned out so so cool! Will you be taking it to a country farmers market or will customers be coming to you? (Sorry-my curiosity always has to pop up)

~*~Patty S said...

What a fabulous vegie stand and all the more special because of the precious people that played a part in its creation!
Great teamwork and upcycling too ♥ ♥ ♥
You look ready to go...
oxo

Anonymous said...

What a pleasure it will be to buy veg from this stand. How cheery and welcoming. GREAT project from the whole family. xox

Bev said...

Oh I used to love stopping at stands like this for fresh produce but I must say they were not as colourful and inviting lol big pat on the back to the fabulous Riley he's a star but don't tell Chum I said that hehe and I hope you have a wonderful harvest ....

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

What a great job, the whole family are artists.

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic!!! And what super family cooperation! You all deserve medals in my book! How much fun it will be to buy veggies from such a wondrous stand!! I so wished I lived closer! Hope the veggies will be organic???

Truly you are doing Decoart proud!!!

Julie Lee said...

Wow! What a fabulous project! It's huge!!! And so clever too! Lovely to see your d-i-l: she looks as if she's having so much fun - and Riley is truly a superman to construct something like this with no bought materials. Nice to see Chum in a supervising capacity! I love your bright and beautiful signs. I love that blue and your lettering is great. Who could resist buying lovely home-grown veggies from a stand like this? I'm sure they'll be snapped up in seconds. I so wish I could hop on a jet plane and join you to help out! xx

Janet Ghio said...

What a great job you did on your camper turned vegetable seller--it looks so great! Your husband is as wonder (as are you!!)

denthe said...

This is amazing, wow! Never seen such a colourful veggiestand before. You all did a wonderful job. And the lettering is beautifully done too! I love it when people give new life to old and used-up things... Way to go!!

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Wow thats a big job you took on there with fabulous results !!! x

Annette said...

Love it, fancy stand and it will draw them in.

Nancy TeWinkel said...

What an amazing transformation! So well done. I bet it draws in all kinds of people.
May all your veggies be blessed!

Marjie Kemper said...

How cool is this, Jackie? Very! Love when something so ordinary is transformed into art. I'd sure stop at your stand!

Candy C said...

Jackie....you are too cool!! I love your new veggie stand! What a clever idea and way to recycle that old camper! And the way you haves "classed up" the stand by adding art just blows me away! I bet you get lots of compliments by passers by. Your blog posts are always full of life!! So much fun!! Thanks for sharing and thank you for the super sweet compliments you leave. Have a fabulous day and I hope you sell tons of veggies at your super cool stand!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow! You zhuzhed that up a treat - what a fantastic vegetable stand. Will you share pictures of it full of produce sometime please? Would love to see that. Great colours and stencilling and the labels all look great.
Alison xx

aimarii said...

Yhdessä perheen kanssa on hienoa tehdä hommia. Tulosta on syntynyt.
Onko tässä syntynyt myyntikoju?
Joko teillä on syksyn merkkejänäkyvissä? Joka tapauksessa toivotan sinulle oikein upeita syyskuun päiviä.