Monday, September 7, 2015

Nature and news...

 In case you hadn't noticed, I have been lacking with posts. 
The reason being is there is so much going on and some things I was not able to share until now,and others till later.
 On to now...
Above is a postcard I made to share with a group on FB-Gina's Designs. The precision laser cut pieces used are
If you have never visited,and you love chipboard,you need to go shopping! Gina's pieces are so intricate and individual! Truly beautiful elements to add to your journals,canvases,tags,really, any artwork that you create!
Gina has asked me to be a Guest Designer for her company blog for the month of September!
How thrilling for me,being that I love her lazer cuts as you see I had first discovered here and here!!
 I can't wait to share with you my projects I designed for Gina using her creations!
My first post goes live on this coming Wednesday September 9th,2015 at 1:00am EST. I will also post here later, but if you have a minute, stop by the blog and check out some of the teams artwork. ")
                                     here is a sneak peek...                                    
Now on to other things...

This past week we were away on what may be our last camping trip of this summer.
This is why I never submitted my postcard to the FB Nature challenge. Camping=no internet! 
No internet,but such beautiful views of nature at her finest!
my morning Zen spot
  Our dog,Chum has set into a major depression since being home, I mean, what dog doesn't love having the Raquette River right out his camper door to go swimming at will?
if you look close you can see Chum on his way to the water
taking a breather
exhausted from a hard day of swimming!


Other news...
 When I came home I was thrilled to find out I had earned top 3 over at C S Designs Challenge Blog,for my Alice drawer vignette
 Pop in and join the fun with Chris's challenges!!
Thank you Chris for the invite and the pick!! 

Also, when I returned home there was my package of paints I won from ColourArte during a recent blog hop!! WOOO HOO!! 
Look at the Yummy colors I was able to choose!! Can't wait to start using them!!Thank you Leslie and Terri!

and one more thing in my mail when I returned home,was this postcard from a postcard swap I did with Unruly PaperArts the theme being fantasy.
thank you Jessica!!

and that will do it for today!! 
almost forgot, Happy Labor Day to those who celebrate!
 
 Don't forget to tune in on Wednesday! 
I can't wait to show you what I created for Gina's!
Can you tell I'm psyched?teehee
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Peace & creative wishes
Jackie ")



17 comments:

Seth said...

That postcard is incredible. Loving the textures, layers and bold bright colors!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you have been having a fun and busy time, I was wondering where you were....Lovely art work, as always, and congrats on your wins! Hugs, Valerie

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lots of yumminess to take in on this post.

First, I have to tell that I love your art piece postcard. The background, the feathers and those lovely die cuts are strikingly beautiful.

What a lovely vacation spot you had. It looks so serene and how thrilling to have gotten that shot of a deer.

Pop over to my blog for the last two Sunday's free images, if you have time. I think you will like them.

Hugs,
Teresa

froebelsternchen said...

WOw.. this piece is brilliant - so vibrant and textured..I am Thrilled about it-
and thank you for the wonderful photos- must have bee a great place ! Super!
Congrats on the wins Jackie!

Good to have you back!
oxo
Susi

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, lucky you those silks are gorgeous. I have some but not those colours they are lovely. Looks like you had a nice time away. We took my mum and dad to the coast for a few days and Maisie and Stan went to their favourite kennels. We only fetched them back today so it has been baths all round!
Have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x

Unknown said...

Yeah Jackie - you go girl!!! First of all - your postcard is WONDERFUL. The colors are sooooo LOVELY and the feathers are just PERFECT - real and imagined! It's really SUPER.

And then - lots of congratulations! Gina chose wisely! You will do her proud and I am excited to see your creations. HIGH FIVE!! And also congrats for your win with Chris/Recycle. SMILING!

Love those silks - great colors! And the swap mail was so cute - eheheheh!! Love her design.

So happy you got to make a last camping trip too. Those pictures are so fun to see. Your deer look much bigger than ours. This was a really happy post Jackie - you have made my day with all your happy news. XO j.

denthe said...

When I saw the picture of the postcard I went like "ooooh".... All those yummy colours, they make me feel so happy. And aren't you the lucky one to win that paint package! Wow, again: those colours make me drool.... That camping trip looks great, and Chum is so cute! Hope he doesn't stay in a depression too long ;-)

Julie Lee said...

Jackie, I love your postcard! The colours are gorgeous and I love the laser cuts and the beautiful feathers. The composition is superb. What a lovely trip you must have had and no wonder Chum misses his swims in the river. We're off to visit old friends in Devon in the west of England soon and leaving Daisy the cat in the loving care of our children - she's not as keen on vacations as Chum and prefers to stay at home on her nice, cosy sofa. xx

Marjie Kemper said...

This is beautiful, Jackie. Love the rich colors!

Bev said...

Oh you are having fun love your art work and glad you had a getaway to Kamp , Chum sure love the water and good for you winning those paints ,know you will put them to good use...

sarascloset said...

Hi, Jackie! what a fun post to read! I know you have had a very busy summer, and this explains why! Love seeing your shots of your camping trip; what a happy pup! Big congrats on the Guest Designer spot...Gina a one bright lady to ask you! And all that happy mail! Woo Hoo on the Top 3! I think I need to catch up to see this one. My computer time has been quite limited since July, so I've a lot of catching up to do! But in the meantime, I get to sink my eyes into this vibrant and beautiful post card! Love it! Thank you for all your sweet comments! Jodie Foster??? I need to see what she looks like...know the name, but don't have a clue what she looks like. I was told back in my younger days I looked like the bionic woman--Lindsay Wagner, I think. Ha! Ha! Age can really change us! Hope to be back to normal soon, so's we can catch up! Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous nature canvas - those laser cuts are really great, especially the feathers. (I loved those pink and orange flowers from before as well!) Fabulous vivid colours and great crackle, and how fantastic that Gina's invited you along to be a guest - fantastic for her and for you! Will definitely hop over to the blog, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else you get up to this month.

Thanks for your comment - it did make me laugh. I do quite often get nice stuff to play with, like with the PaperArtsy releases we've just done, so that will do me for now!
Alison xx

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - make that thank you for the commentS... that's quite a catch-up!! It was the one about compensation that made me laugh, in case you're wondering.
xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE your postcard...wowsers...great texture too! Your camping trip must have inspired the great nature theme! LOVE all the pictures...looks like an awesome place!!!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That is one gorgeous postcard, Jackie and I adore your camping photos, especially the one with the mushrooms. Congrats on the guest designer appointment!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, what a gorgeous post card. Congrats on your win!!! I can't wait to see your guest posts. Love your camping pictures especially Chum. You know I can't get enough of him!!!

~*~Patty S said...

Lots of excitement for real!
You were missed Jackie.
Glad you had a fab getaway in that idyllic place
AND
what a gorgeous design and glorious colors for your birds of a feather.
Congrats on your new GD honor as well.
Happy September Sweets!
oxo