Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Memories of Mom with Gina's Designs

 Hello everyone!
Today I would like to share something very special to me,that I created using Gina's Design pieces. This past Saturday the 19th was my Mom's birthday,she would have been 84. 
In honor of my Mom,I created this wall hanging.
Using some of my favorite photos of my Mom,I combined these with some of my favorite pieces from Gina's Designs.
 Read along as I share some photos and a few steps of my process.
This first photo is to show you a bit of how I work.
I had the general vision of what I wanted,but not sure of what elements I would use,hence the assorted Gina's pieces,auditioned on and off and up and down,for about an hour before I finally(I use that word lightly)decided! ")

For the substrate,three pages of a book form I had on hand,(yes,Shel,on hand-lol) 
were gessoed,then painted with ColourArte ~Chestnut Brown.
While the paint was still slightly wet,I added Distress Clear Rock Candy Crackle
After the crackle was dry I painted the French Lilac on,waited a minute then wiped it off.
I love the Lilac with the brown!
After these were dry,they were glued together.
 Next up,was painting the
 Flourished Frames Set-Evie(I used all three) 
I gave these a layer of crackle as well. 
The colors I used here were French Lilac & Wine And Roses
oops about the extra bits-darn macro shows everything!


The ColourArte colors I used,
 to paint these beautiful feathers were
Sea Spray,French Lilac,
Teal Zircon,Stargazer,Key Lime 
Gina's Peacock Feathers Shape Set are absolutely gorgeous! These fit perfectly into Mom's piece as she had a beautiful evening dress that my Dad had brought her back from Japan.The dress,iridescent Damask Silk,had Peacock feathers all over and was of the colors I used for this.
After the Peacock Feathers were painted and placed along with the other chipboard,I felt I needed just a bit more.I went through my Gina's stash and found the perfect chipboard pieces!
Again a bit of separation was done-
I told you Gina's chipboard was versatile!
 Here I used the Wrought Iron Set and separated a few of the swirly embellishments for my accent pieces for the center.


   I was painting the words,
"A Moment in Time", when there was Mom 
in beautiful cursive,so I cut it from the phrase and used this in place-I hope you don't mind Gina! ") This was then adhered to one of the pieces from the Stackable Labels Set.
 


This is a very special piece to me as I said earlier and I couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out! Truly Gina's Design's made this creation of mine-all the more elegant!


 I do hope you have been inspired!
Namaste'
  Jackie P Neal ")




 Gina's Products used:

Other Products used:
Gesso
E600 Glue




23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful work Jackie, love how you made it, and it is a wonderful tribute to your dear Mom. Hugs, Valerie

Candy C said...

Such a lovely piece in tribute to your Mom, Jackie. Those peacock feathers are just gorgeous. The colors you used on them are perfection against the lilac crackled background. I loved the story about the beautiful dress your dad brought home to your mom and how that influenced your use of the feathers. It's little things like that that really personalize pieces of art. Both of my parents are gone and I like creating pieces like this as well. It brings back memories as you work on their special pieces, doesn't it? You did a beautiful job on your wall hanging. I am sure it would make your mom proud.

Elly said...

Yes, i agree...it's a wonderful work and memory. You know, you look like your mother, don't you. Same with me, but most of my character, temperament and sure my creative side are my father's gene :o)

Janet Ghio said...

You always get such great texture!! I love the photo of your mom as a little girl--just darling!

Felicia said...

Jackie, you rocked these beautiful projects! Wonderful memory of your mother sealed in these BEAUTIFUL frames!! The wonderful colors and AMAZING textures just meld together so perfectly! Mom, I am sure, is smiling! Just a lovely tribute with so much creativity! Love it! Blessings my friend :)

Unknown said...

Teary eyed - just lovely. She reminds me of YOU Jackie. Love that "sexy - all woman" picture of her but you picked the perfect pictures - they are so indicative of her life process. My favorite part was the chestnut brown - crackle - french lilac procedure. WOW did that make a beautiful background. I love your pictures - you can see every enchanting color. The feathers are gorgeous. It's just a beautiful and heartwarming piece in every way. Gina should be bustin her buttons with pride too!!! Hugs. j.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Such a beautiful tribute to your mom, Jackie; the richness of the beautiful textures, colour and layers are no doubt indicative of the woman she was. I am certain that she looks upon you with love and pride. xo

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful and beautiful made tribute to your dear Mom Jackie!
Amazing!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, it's beautiful. The colors, textures and beautiful pictures of your Mom. It's gorgeous.

Nancy TeWinkel said...

Happy heavenly birthday to your mom. Your love for her comes through these beautiful pieces.

Anonymous said...

Lovely way to remember Mom. Such a beautiful tribute. xox

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh wow Jackie, this is completely stunning!! Like you I LOVE that purple and brown crackle effect, wow! Such a really beautiful tribute to you mum, - stunning!!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Hey Jackie, My mom's birthday falls on the 19th too, but in December. I'm always in awe about the colors you use and the names of the paint colors you find are are luscious. Your layering and crackle effects then mingled with other colors and pieces always comes out looking as if it were one piece from the start. (At first glance I thought those were real peacock feathers from your farm.) Enjoyed seeing the "building up" process. You know I am in awe of your designs. A lovely and heartfelt tribute to your Mom. We miss our Moms. huh? Love and hugs to you, Darlene

Julie Lee said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mum, Jackie. I especially love how you used the peacock feathers, and the crackle is wonderful! I love that image of your mum when she was a little girl: she was adorable with her big ribbon bow! This is a project made not only with skill and flair; but also with love. xxx

Annette said...

Beautiful tribute to Mom my dear and your work is just wonderful. Your instructions are great as usual and a delight to read your blog, Oh did I say I enjoyed all of this post. xoxoxo

Bev said...

Hi Jackie I love seeing your posts with my morning coffee ,this is a truly beautiful tribute to your lovely mother ....

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous alteration, depth, crackle...all yummy, and the tribute is just wonderful! Hugs!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a moving tribute to your mom, Jackie! The close-ups show just how much work and love went into this project. Love that crackle surface and the colours too! Beautiful remembrence piece!

aimarii said...

Beautiful photos of the beautiful Lady who is your Mom. This is so marvellous nice tribute to your Mom. A lot of memories with warm feelings. When I look this work of yours I remember my Mom and miss her. Mom is always Mom even died a long time ago.

Words and Pictures said...

Just beautiful, Jackie - a wonderful tribute to your much-loved mother. Great work with the Gina designs as well as with all those beautiful ColourArte colours. The lilac and brown crackle looks just fabulous, and all the flourishes layer up so effectively. Gorgeous work!
Alison xx

denthe said...

Beautiful way of remembering your mom Jackie! That French lilac is so gorgeous, and you're right: the combination with brown is superb. Such a wonderful piece....

~*~Patty S said...

What a beautiful keepsake and sweet way to showcase and honor your precious Mom Jackie!
Touches my heart...
I see the resemblance between your Mom and you ♥
oxo

sarascloset said...

such gorgeous work to celebrate a life of one gorgeous woman. She looks like a lady I would love to have known. Precious photos and precious memories! You have done both her and Gina proud with this lovely and artful piece! My eye is really drawn to the colors and the crackle on those three background pieces. Sorry so late, but better late than never--I would not have wanted to miss this! Hugs!