Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Tranquility

"Tranquility"




Hello Everyone!
Jackie here again,for another Wednesday guest designer appearance on Gina's Blog
Gina, thank you so much for inviting me!  

I can't tell you just how much all of your wonderful comments and FB likes and Google+'s have meant with my last project for Gina's! 
Thank you,Thank you!!
*******************************

When I saw the Bamboo Shape Set
at Gina's,I oohed and aah-ed and knew just what I was going to create. 
 I started with this wood substrate(I think this was from a desk that held pens&pencils)that I gessoed and papered with vintage pages and scrapbook paper background. 

The reason for choosing this substrate was because I had layers in mind,and in case you didn't know,I love to upcycle! ")
The bamboo pieces went through a color treatment.
1.Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink with water on the stems
2.Green Gold Fluid Acrylic with water over the whole piece
3.Olive Vine Silks to highlight the leaves


















After giving the pieces color,I began by layering with velum paper and then more bamboo. 
These pieces above were one piece that I snipped in two.
also at this point I inked up the edges of the torn velum with Aged Mahogany .
 The velum was tacked down in a few spots using Jewel It.
 After printing out my Geisha 
by Cryztal Rain,she was layered twice on black cardstock before her final cut.
Going for the layered effect...





For my title piece tranquility I used one of the
For the colors,I started with a base coat of Pixie Pink on each piece. Next,on the bottom piece I used Quinachridone Magenta,and for the top piece French Lilac.
After gluing these pieces together and hand painting my phrase on,this was attached by painting a wood stack and gluing it to the backside of the label. 
 again, going for the layers-are you detecting a pattern here?heehee
 At some point, I decided I wasn't digging the vintage papers and covered them with scrapbook paper.
  I had these really neat lanterns in my stash that were being saved for just the right project- and here it was! I drilled a tiny hole and added a tiny eye hook and attached the lantern with jump-rings.The lantern was also painted with the colors used on the label.

Next up before gluing in the bamboo,a friend(thanks Becky!) gifted me some really gorgeous beads which were added under the Geisha's feet. Glued in place with Jewel It Embellishing Glue. For those of you not familiar, this is  like Glossy Accents,just a bit less expensive.

Next, the bamboo was glued in place using E600.




I hope you can see in the photos,the effect I was going for by gluing down some areas of the top bamboo against the background to give depth.



And for my final accents, I used a pair of corners from the  
Art Deco Corner Set
painted with two coats of Interference Magenta.





 I  really am pleased with how this turned out.
 Again, let me say just how beautiful and detailed the cuts are from Gina's Designs pieces!
 By now, you can tell that I am a fan!!



thanks so much for your visit and generous comments my friends- Huge hugs to you all!!
Peace and creative wishes ,
Jackie ")



23 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Superb make Jakie!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, so beautiful, love what you have made, really, really, REALLY stunning! Hugs, Valerie

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous, stunning, outstanding!!! You amaze me my friend. WOW.

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely piece - the bamboo is stunning, and I love how you "grew" a setting for it... wonderful how one die-cut can trigger a whole project. Gorgeous! Gina must be thrilled...
Alison xx

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. what a terrific assemblage this is... abolutely gorgeous dear Jackie!
Unique!
oxo
Susi

Mónica Zúñiga said...

Omg, I love shadow boxes, they are irresistible to me! I loved how it came out, just gorgeous! 😍😘✨👍🏻👏🏻

Pam Wildeboer said...

I loveeeeee this and the way you up cycled the box to create your own shadowbox :) The vellum adds so much depth and all the little added pieces bring it together beautifully! Thanks for sharing this, I love it!

Unknown said...

Wow Jackie - so lovely. What a fabulous creation... so unique and intriguing. That little lantern just made it perfect. SUPER. j.

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

I LOVE this Jackie. The layering really adds so much depth. I wish I had a collection of stuff around like you do...like that adorable little lantern...who has that laying around! lol

Unknown said...

Another beauty Ms Jackie...such vibrant colors and a great design. You are a master at upcycling :-)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Beautiful, Jackie - truly magical! I love how 3 dimensional it is. It somehow reminds me of a theatre stage, whereas a 2D picture is more like the cinema screen. Going to the theatre is always more special! Love it!

Gaby Bee said...

This is absolutely amazing, Jackie! You are so creative.

Gaby xo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is lovely Jackie and it does have a very tranquil feel to it.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Julie Lee said...

Such a beautiful piece, Jackie. I love the effect with the bamboo and that beautiful, tiny lantern. xx

Bev said...

Tranquility perfect title for this piece the figure behind the bamboo is lovely like a screen ....

~*~Patty S said...

What a perfectly lovely piece you created dear Jackie!!!
Full of beauty and tranquility for sure.
It has such depth and really invites me in ♥
oxo

artbyjune said...

I love these assembled pieces. Beautiful and looks very enjoyable to create.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Love this piece, Jackie - the whole is tied together so beautifully with the Japanese theme, and I have to say that revising by covering those vintage papers was inspired. Tranquillity indeed.

sarascloset said...

Jackie, I think it is so cool how you create! I think we may be twins separated at birth! I actually think pink is where it's at...it sure is with this shadow box. You have really taken those die cuts and gave them a proper home! But I have to say that sweet little lantern has caught my attention! Just so many thoughtful and eye catching details to look at! Great LAYERING!!!! I just love this! Big hugs, my crafty friend!

Candy C said...

Such a cool piece, Jackie. I love the dimension you have created with the bamboo in the foreground and the beautiful geisha girl tucked in them. Love the bright "tranquility" plaque. Looks really neat against the background and the bamboo.

denthe said...

Gorgeous! So so creative! Love the 3 dimensional effect with the bamboo in front, and the way you treated the edge of the vellum.....

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Love the shadow box and the color look like a stage and the should be people in there seats in front, as always great job.

Barbara Rankin said...

Wow, Jackie, what a fabulous shadowbox. I love the bamboo set, and you set off your geisha girl beautifully inside.