Wednesday, September 30, 2015

BOO! Haunted House with Gina's Designs & DecoArt


Bwaaahaahaahaaaa
Here I am for my final Wednesday
 with Gina's Designs
 Have you enjoyed these projects I have shared these last few Wednesdays?then go have a look at Gina's store!I just have to tell you,this guest spot has been a blast for me and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Gina's products!
Gina, thanks so much for asking me along!

BOO! Haunted House!!

For my project I used the

 

 To begin,I covered the house with White gesso,Cadium Orange Hue & Green Gold,applied with a palette knife.This gave various levels of paint,and yummy colors that would show through the crackle when the top coat,which was a mixture of Dioxazine Purple& Quinacridone Violet,was added.
  
 Here I added two different sized webs from the Spiderweb Shape Set.
The larger web was painted Hansa Yellow with a top coat of Chartreuse Green. This green was also used to line the doors and windows,as well as the shutters.
The smaller web,the bat,as well as the cat were all given of Titanium White,Quinacridone Violet,Dioxazine Purple&Interference Violet. 
 To distinguish the roof line I used a the Burlap stencil with DecoArt Black modeling paste to create the look of roof shingles.
It's all about the textures with baby!
 Skellies and ghostly children graphics were  then added.
The moon has yummy layers of White Gesso,Primary Yellow,Weathered Wood for crackled texture,Yellow Hansa with a wee bit of Interference Gold. 
 The remaining piece of my Wrought Iron Set  was cut in half to become the gates for the sides of the house.These gates also help to stabilize the house upright as I chose not to use the stands that were included in the kit.










For the gates,I started with a layer of Black gesso. After that, layers and layers of color,Burnt Umber,Burnt Sienna,Cobalt Teal Hue,Cobalt Turquoise Hue,Quinacridone Violet,Dioxazine Purple,Interference Violet and Quinacridone Gold-Phew!!Gotta love the color!
 Oh yes,Verdigris Embossing Powder as well,was added for texture.


And definitely not your typical rusty gate colors-Tristan, I was thinking of you here!
 The tree, which came from the
 Winter Shape Set  was also layered with colors of Primary Yellow&Yellow Ocher,then a thick coat of Weathered Wood for the crackling. Burnt Umber&Burnt Sienna made up the top layers with a highlight of Hansa Yellow.
My pumpkins were painted in Cadium Orange Hue with Stickles Crushed Pineapple for the faces as well as the outline of the trees.
My purple cat got his own dose of Stickles with a little bit of Firefly !
Firefly was also used on the doors,windows,Ghost face and BOO.
 The chipboard pieces, Ghost,Cat,BOO, and Bat all came from the Spooky Shape Set  .
And to help complete my Haunted House, I used some cheesecloth which I dunked in my paint brush water(yuk) then dried and draped it!

I hope you have enjoyed my Boo house and that I have inspired you to go shopping over to Gina's and create some fun of your own!

As always my friends, thank you for your visits and comments!
Jackie ")



Gina'sDesigns Products used:

Media Fluid Acrylics~
Cadium Orange Hue
Titanium White
Green Gold 
Dioxazine Purple
Quinacridone Violet 
Primary Yellow
Burnt Umber
Burnt Sienna
Cobalt Teal Hue
Cobalt Turquoise Hue
Interference Gold
Interference Violet
Quinacridone Gold
Yellow Ocher
Traditions Line~Yellow Hansa 
Americana MultiSurface Satin~Chartreuse
DecoArt Media
White Gesso
Black Gesso
DecoArt Weathered Wood 
DecoArt Modeling Paste~Black

Other Products Used:
Crushed Pineapple
Firefly 
Tim Holtz Burlap Stencil
Cheesecloth
E6000 Glue
Various Graphics~













27 comments:

artbyjune said...

Wonderful spooky Halloween house. I really love the addition of the children figure photos!!

Judy Shea said...

This is BOO-TIFUL

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie, You have out done yourself this time. Gorgeous. Booooootiful for sure.

Candy C said...

Holy Moly..this is so cute! Wow...I can't believe all of the techniques and element son this one! Absolutely darling and so creative! Love the bright colors, too! Cool job, Jackie! <3

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WHOA!!! Spookylicious!!! I LOVE the whole scene! The haunted house is amazing!!! You totally rocked this!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh, what lovely, spooky fun - just fan-tas-tic! Hugs, Valerie

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Very cool Jackie, great mix of color, totally amazing.

froebelsternchen said...

This is fantatsic Jackie.. I adore the colors and textures ! UNIQUE!
oxo
Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh, such a wonderful spooky house Jackie and I just adore the bright colours you have used! So much detail and imagination, fun and brilliant all at the same time! A super project!

Julie Lee said...

What a great haunted house, Jackie! I love your vibrant colour scheme and all the fun little details! I can imagine the little trick-or-treaters in our neighbourhood would love to see something like this come Halloween! You have inspired me to create something for them to see when they come knocking! xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

All the little details in this are fantastic, Jackie! The people/ghosts/skeletons in the windows are more than little spooky! Loving the bright colours too!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, fantastic. Such a fun piece, love it. Angela x

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Love it!

Bev said...

Wow I don't celebrate Halloween but I love your projects and might just fly over lol

Janet Ghio said...

WOW! WOW! you must have had soooo much fun making this!! Just fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great BOO-house! You are ready for Halloween. Is this too large You go in ;-)

My leg is still sick, but I can use my hands, so art helps all the time...
Greetings, my dear friend...
UUna

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Your haunted house is fabulous, Jackie - there's so much going on in it I can't stop looking! xo

Julia S-W said...

This is a stunner Jackie! I'm a colour girl myself so it appealed immediately I saw the thumbnail. Amazing colour, textures and layers to create this wonderful haunted house! I really love the 'not rusty gate' so much!! xx

Unknown said...

soooooooo coooooool . loved it. so many techniques used. awesome

Words and Pictures said...

You've created marvels with Gina's products - and this Haunted House is a fabulous finale. What a joy all that vivid colour is, and I love the pumpkins and the fab iron gates... fab touches of verdigris and the spooky figures on the roof are great.
Alison xx

Darlene K Campbell said...

Jackie, Your color palette just makes this piece. The color of that house is so hauntingly whimsical. LOVE! I also like the photos of people and the skeletons you added. Gina's products are great (the wrought iron fence for example) but you put a design together that is always so entertaining. Good one my friend.

sarascloset said...

Jackie, my friend! You rock the house! I haven't been able to visit the blogs much lately, but I'm so happy I stopped in to see what you have been up to! Amazing, creative, fun, and a little bit trippy Halloween house you have put together! Love the children and that gate! Inspiring in a word! big hugs!

aimarii said...

It seems as if this boo spooky house is so spooky that I don´t dare go in. It´s really spooky work. I only look that from far and very quietly.
Did you make this work in the night and were alone in your home? When I look spooky house long it will begin to live BOOOO.

denthe said...

Boooh, spooky....! How you put those faces in the windows, and all the little details. Love the children on top of the roof, and the colours are magic too. So much to see .... Wonderful work!

Unknown said...

Hey, hey, hey - do you see me - shaking - behind the children on the roof??? It's me Jackie. Hope you rescue us soon from this creepy, freaky, leaky haunted house. I was lured in by the beautifully stunning iron fence - it was calling me to run my fingers through the rungs. And then I saw a light ahead, walking towards it. Only to find out it was bunches of brightly colored pumpkins glaring at me. By the time I realized what they were a huge glowing ghost came up behind me, said BOO and scared me so bad I jumped right through the front door. Inside was a nightmare - every where I turned there was another scary room with a horrible looking creature inside. Some had horns and some looked like bones and there was a big green thing with a big nose too. I just kept running and running - up and up and up. Everything I touched had a unique unknown texture and cracks and bumps. Seriously, it was so primitive that I almost fell through one of the steps on the way up. And now... dear Jackie - I am stuck up high in the sky on the roof. It seems like the entire haunted house is moving underneath my feet - swaying in the breezes of the night. The moon is getting closer and closer - making me feel like it might reach out and grab us all. Me thinks you created a incredible bright, colorful, texturized nightmare and it's time for us to wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THIS. j.

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Wow! Jackie you have outdone yourself loving those gates brilliant project clever lady!!! x

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderfully spooky and oh so colorful...
Your attention to detail along with being able to replay what you did for us is amazing Missy!
Happy Spooktober!
oxo