Monday, November 16, 2015

Home again, home again!

When we arrived home from our adventures in Michigan, I was delighted to find packages in the post!
not just one,but two!! Lucky me! 
The first was from friend and fellow artist, Renee Zarate'
If you are not familiar with her name right away,perhaps you have seen her art published in one of many Stampington issues?

Recently I had won this The Groove Tool as a giveaway on Renee's blog!
 I will absolutely post when I use it to show you how it works!

Also, in the package, from Renee was this generous bunch of Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko Products!! Renee Zarate' is an Artist In Residence at Imagine Crafts-have a look at some of the projects she shares there.



Look at this yummy score! Woo Hoo!! I can't wait to get my hands in it and play!
 (I have not as of yet,because I had been down and out with a flu bug the past week and a half!)

And still there was more! My favorite in the package were, these wonderfully,creative and fun atc's that Renee made for me! I just love them and have them hanging in my studio-
 thank you thank you Renee!!


Don't you just love happy mail?

My second piece of happy mail came from my
 dear friend Darlene Campbell. 
Darlene is my first ever online friend and we have been sharing art and fun,ever since we met on a Strathmore workshop!
 What struck me right away about Darlene,was her humor. She commented that she had just cut up her lace kitchen curtains to use as a stencil! and ya know what? she wasn't kidding!!LOL
 From then on we were kindred souls and good friends! 
A bit more about Darlene...she is a cartoonist,writer and very much published artist as well! She has created this cartoon character named,"Zebra" who is always up to the funniest antics-give a read sometime!
 I love my new piece of art Darlene,you knew this was one of my favs!! Thank you dear friend!! 
and Congratulations to you and Gary on becoming new grandparents!! YAY!!



Besides the packages...
there was also a large wood pile waiting for us!
 Riley to cut and me to stack!
this photo shows the end of it

 yup, I stacked all that!! That is what you get when you want to be warm and cozy during those long cold winter months! ")

Thank you for joining me today.
 As I am on the mend from this flu,finally,I hope to be up and creating again soon! 

 
An Indian sand artist finishes a sculpture in Bhubaneswar, made in tribute to the victims of  the terror attacks in Paris

 I leave you today with wishes for Peace throughout the world.
I also ask that we all join in solidarity in sending healing thoughts and prayers for Paris.


Namaste'
Jackie

18 comments:

artbyjune said...

I love your wonderful happy mail!! Those new goodies to do art with.... look so good. Have a great week!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Love all the happy mail and goodies. Her art is fabulous! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your happy mail, lucky you, enjoy! Paris and her people need our thoughts and prayers just now. Hugs, Valerie

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You must show us how that tool works next time, Jackie! Love those altered playing cards your friend sent you! You sure won't be cold this winter! If everyone was an artist, there would be no hatred and war in the world, I'm sure!

Kay Wallace said...

Yes, "happy mail" can make any day better! Renee is so talented and very generous in sharing not only her pieces of art but her wonderful talent! Darlene is a wonderful cartoonist, too! Have a great week, my friend!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lucky you to have all that glorious happy mail waiting for you - I can see hours of fun ahead for you!

And for Paris, for Beirut, for all the countries being hit by terrorism these days - yes to prayers, yes to healing, yes to love, and yes to an end of retaliation in the name of justice.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I love Atcs You have got. Very creative and funny. And so many, lucky You, and the card, too :-)

Very beautiful sand art for peace and prave.

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow.. so many art in the mail for you! Happy Jackie! Adorable art from your friends!
And all the wood... very busy! Hope you feel completely well soon !
Wonderful sand art as a tribute ... so so sad.....
oxo
Susi

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a wonderful post, chock full of blessings. You must be over-the-moon with all those lovely goodies.

Thank you for sharing that wonderful sand art, as a prayer for Paris.

I'm glad you are on the mend and hope you will be 100% soon.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Julie Lee said...

So sorry that you haven't been well, Jackie. I do hope you will soon be feeling on top of the world again. What a lot of lovely delights you came home to. I love Renee Zarate's work. I didn't realize that you knew each other - how brilliant is that? Thank you for sharing that beautiful sand art creation. I still feel in shock about what happened. How I long for us all to share our beautiful world in peace, working to understand and support one another. xx

Pamellia said...

Isn't happy mail just wonderful Jackie!! Love the ATC's you received, how very fun and Darlene's card is wonderful too! have a great day today, hugs :)

~*~Patty S said...

There is a nasty bug going around...sure hope you are feeling much much better very soon dear Jackie!
Thank you for sharing your happy mail times alot.
I am without words over so much senseless violence...
Sending Peace * Love and Light to all.
oxo

Pam Wildeboer said...

I loveeeee your happy mail! So very fun and cheerful! I am so happy you had some beautiful artwork to see while you are not feeling so well! I hope you are back to creating soon and feeling better pronto! Love you xoxo

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Seriously cute cards and page! The whimsical images are so fun! Super cute!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh my gosh, that is a HUGE pile of wood!! You have been working so hard, it's great to see you have enough in storage to be enjoyed in winter. The mail you received is wonderful, such beautiful art! Sending you sunny smiles!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I hope you can't pass that bug over the internet Lol! I don't want it!!!!
Do have a look at Lavinia Stamps if they are the style you like you will not be disappointed, they stamp brilliantly. Tracy is a true artist and I have known her for a long time. She was a potter originally and stamped into the clay with her stamps. She soon found she had more sales for the stamps than the pots and it just went mad from then on.
Thanks for the visit to mine and I am sending you hugs to make you feel better, Angela xXx

aimarii said...

The best place in the world is the home. And nice mail is happy to get.
I was the whole week far from my home and today in the evening came home. It was lovely moment.

sarascloset said...

I hope you are feeling much better! I think you wore yourself out in Michigan, dear! So wonderful to have two happy mails waiting for you! Love that cozy feeling! Lot's of wood, and that should make things nice and warm for you this winter. My sister's woodpile is bigger than your woodpile! I think they have chopped and stacked enough for a couple of winters, but it's recently felled trees, so no good for this season, I don't think.

Thank you for all your wonderful messages on my blog. they truly make my day...and I'm waiting for you to send me your address. I love to send happy mail as much as I love to get it! Hugs!