Thursday, November 19, 2015

Warm colors of Autumn

Today I am sharing a journal page I made using my Silks Acrylics by ColourArte

 My background is covered with vintage stamps from all over the US that I found at a garage sale. The beautiful lady image is a Maxfield Parrish cut from one of my old calendars. 
Also used are Micro beads and die cut leaves from the Thinlits Leaves Set by Tim Holtz.

My verbiage is an excerpt from a quote by the
designer,William Morris
Simplicity of life
even the barest is not
a misery,but the very
foundation of refinement
                                William Morris
Silks colors used:
Pink Anthurium
Pretty Peridot
Teal Zircon
Snapdragon
Ginger Peach
Sky Blue
Carmen
Boysenberry
Radiant Rain Mists used:
Copper
Apple Blossom


I am linking up with 
The ColourArte Blog Challenge:
  FALL COLORS
 ColourArte Blog Challenge Fall Colors

I am also linking up with:

ART JOURNAL JOURNEY
**Art*Journal*Journey** Inspired By Autumn 
Challenge 11/2015


Thank you so much for your visit!
Jackie ") 

19 comments:

Annette said...

Always a delight to see what you create my dear, the colors are wonderful. Just a fall treat I do say. oxoxoxxo

Bev said...

Wonderful hippy feel good colours and love those feather things ...

Julie Lee said...

Ah, the wonderful Maxfield Parrish! There is something unique about the way he uses colour. This image goes just perfectly with your lovely rich and warm journal spread and the William Morris quote. I visited WM's childhood home recently, which is now a lovely gallery. If you are ever in the UK it's well worth a visit! xxx :)

SandeeNC said...

Love the vibrant colors and the texture!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal pages, great colours. It would fit nicely to our challenge at Art Journal Journey, too, if you would like to link! Hugs, Valerie

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Colour explosion! Love the vintage stamps peeking through the layers and the abundance of colour! Have a lovely weekend, Jackie! xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Jackie, just gorgeous!! Love the colours and your main image is incredible as a focal piece!! Love those background stamps too, don't you just love garage sales...SCORE!!!! hugs and happy weekend :)

Win Dinn, Artist said...

This is gorgeous, Jackie - love, love, LOVE it. Maxfield Parrish has long been a favourite of mine, and you've done him justice in spades!

Renee said...

Love these gorgeous rich colors!

Valerie-Jael said...

Thanks for linking to AJJ, glad you listened to my suggestion! Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

WOW Jackie --this is brillant - what a firework of colors! Thank you very much for linking to Art Journal Journey! Super to have you with us !
oxo
Susi
Wishing a good weekend to you!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Jackie what a gorgeous page. All those colors just pop off the pages. So beautiful! oxoxoxoxoxxo

Jeannette said...

wow,what a wonderful journal spread jackie,love the woman and the colors are warm and so bright,beautiful done.


hugs jenny

Unknown said...

Wonderful colors Jackie, I love them!

aimarii said...

With this work you give the colorful autumn back to us. You have ability to put color to sparkle and I enjoy.

Darlene K Campbell said...

HI Jackie...especially like the use of the stamps in your background. Need to ask you more about the silk acrylics as I haven't heard of them. The colors in this piece practically burst off the page. Love them! Cheers-Darlene

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, this is spectacular! Your use of colour is brilliant. I absolutely love the silks they are so different from other paints and come in such gorgeous rich colours. Happy crafting, Angela x

sarascloset said...

Love your stamped background! I can't see what I'm writing, so I hope it doesn't come out too funny! This is really a brilliant page spread! So good you are back in the art saddle once again! Hugs!

denthe said...

oooh, those colours .....! It just makes me so happy looking at them! It seems like I can feel the summer warmth going through me. Gorgeous page, and great use of colours!