Friday, November 6, 2015

Art Sisters Art Retreat in Michigan

  Here we are- Four Art Sisters looking innocent enough right?
Well...
let me start at the beginning...
 better go get your cuppa now- this is gonna be a long one!!
 
Dear,sweet friends & art sisters, 
called upon KarenLiz Henderson,myself and my husband Riley, to join them for an extended weekend in a lovely camp on Lake Michigan for a festive-fun-filled-glorious-art weekend! 
 Absolutely positively count us in!! 
Karenliz flew into Chicago,met with the girlies and the three of them drove 2.5 hours to our destination.
Riley and I took Chum to MoonShadows Boarding (where he had a most wonderful time!) then we packed the truck with TONS of stuff and drove 9.5 almost 10 hours to same destination!!

This was what we first walked into!!!
 The girls had already been there awhile,gone for groceries...
 and set about arranging all the art supplies they had brought.
 They just waited for me to arrive with the DecoArt supplies!!
 There was everything thing from bits & bobs- wires,resisters,thermometers,wood blocks,beads, strings,tea strainers,Sari ribbon, other ribbons and frills,tins,cogs,gears,washers...
to....glues,inks,stamps,stencils,vintage ephemera,printed papers, cloth,materials,ribbons,cutters,embossing folders,beads galore,vintage jewelry,all sorts of bling,a cranky crank machine (teehee)alcohol inks and Yupo! 
Just waiting for the DecoArt supplies to arrive...
there's more to this DecoArt  supply thing-teehee
Of course I had to bring hostess gifts.
 I placed an Retro Art Cafe' Tombstone ATC's in each basket along with vintage ephemera,candy and assorted mini gourds and Indian corn from our harvest-photos of the full baskets!!
forgot to take them"( I was too excited I guess!!
DecoArt paints,Crackle Glaze as well as Liquid Glass were used on these Tombstone ATC's I made for the girlies- 





As you might have guessed we dove into playing art instantly!!
 

These two wonderful gals Sherie and Pammie- taught us how to make an assemblaged art doll- a process that the two of them, I must say have perfected!!
 We used our DecoArt products that the DecoArt company generously supplied for me to use in teaching the girls different techniques using the Modeling Pastes and Crackles, full lines of paints,Metallic Lusters and more!! 
Thank you DecoArt for your Helping Artist Program and generosity!! 
By the way-favorite DecoArt color of the trip-I think it was a toss up between Media Quinacridone Magenta and Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide!! But there was also a love affair going on with the DecoArt Black Ice Glamour Dust Paint!
 Okay,Yes,I did bring the DecoArt supplies...well almost all of them...I brought the supplies I received from the Helping Artist Program,but neglected to bring my own private stash of colors and paints and -That Was All I Was Asked to bring! ARGH!!!! Why? Because,up until a few hours before we left,I was still playing in my art studio with my DecoArt paints and forgot to put them in the truck in the morning!! Waaaaaaaa!
 My art sisters forgave me and we used a whole new range of colors ! Thank you sweet girlies!


 So we all were having way too much fun and staying up way too late and laughing(at what? we don't know yet!) So much laughing -We actually hurt we laughed so much!! 
And to think we never even woke Riley!!
(I mean it was around 2:30 am!)
 
And yes, dolls were finished- this is KarenLiz's
 Tell me this is not the coolest?!!
Well, you will see even more cool in the next post with the other girlies dolls! Incredible I tell you!!
This is a head shot of my doll as she has changed her mind and gone in for reconstructive surgery on her mid-section-stay tuned for her post surgery results! teehee
 This was us at just one of our meals-most delicious meatballs with salad by Pammie!
 More on the retreat over the next few days- make sure to pop back in! and yes, tons more fun filled photos!!



Love and peace dear friends,
Jackie ")




27 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Looks like you gals and Riley all had a ball over that weekend, and love the things you made, those dolls are really cool. Have a happy weekend, hugs, Valerie

Karenliz Henderson said...

We sure had that sunroom set up with everything. I couldn't believe everything Pam and Sherie brought! It was so much fun. DecoArt has a Glamour Dust Glitter paint in Ice Crystal that's just has fun as the black! My throat hurt for days from laughing so hard at what? I have no clue! Love you Artsistas!!!!!

artbyjune said...

What a great space to do art! You must have had a terrific time. Those dolls look good!!

Tristan Robin said...

Looks like you had a terrific time - and made some marvelous stuff! How lucky can you get?!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

THANKS FOR SHARING!
You were all so HaPpY!

Anonymous said...

How fun is this. Love the space your hubby built, what a great place to be with friends. xox

Julie Lee said...

Wow! This looks like you had so much fun! I love that feeling when you just ache from laughter! That is really the loveliest thing! The art you created was so gorgeous too! I adore those art dolls - and the hostess gifts - my goodness. I am always bowled over when I visit, Jackie and this post is no exception! What a privilege to see what you and your art sisters created. Reading this has been a tonic - almost as good as being there.xx

Julia S-W said...

Wow Jackie!! You all looked like you had so much fun and I have a real interest in art dolls even though I have yet to make one!! I just admire them made by others so I'm looking forward to seeing more from your retreat. It would be wonderful to attend a gathering like this - you are very lucky. I did laugh that you left your other supplies at home! Aren't DecoArt just the best when it comes to helping out artists and making things possible? Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Julia xxx

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING retreat ! You had so much fun - super photos --and your work looks fabulous.. I am in awe of the dolls Jackie!
Happy weekend to you!
♥♥♥
Susi

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh you lucky soul, that looks like so much fun!!! Riley is a real treasure indulging you all! Super photos and all of your projects (as well as you hostess gifts) look amazing!! Look forward to the next instalment!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh what a lot of fun fun fun and creativity.
You are a doll to take the time to share with us...
looking forward to more of what you all got up to.
oxo
p.s. Your Riley is quite a guy!!!
Happy Weekend dear Jackie

Bev said...

Oh wow how fun wish I could just pop in you girls are having so much fun and good for you love those dolls ...

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Looks like a great time thank you for sharing it with us.

Unknown said...

So happy for you you all!!! What fun and what creative art sisters you are! Hi to sweet Riley :-)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, Jackie, you're back with a bang! Tombstone ATC's - whatever next? They look awesome! What a nice place you had - lovely environment - must have been very inspiring! You all look so happy - love the last photo with all the food and you tucking in! You must have had a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the art that came out of this retreat!

Mónica Zúñiga said...

It's wonderful to see you happy and doing the things you love, you made such great spokky creations! Cheers my friend! 💖😘✨😀

APG Jamie said...

How absolutely wonderful !

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

Oh my gosh I wanna be an art sister! Look at all that glorious colorful messy fun you had! You ladies are so lucky to have formed bonds around your love of art :)

Pamellia said...

Looks like you had such a great time Jackie, what a hoot to get together with other crafters! Love all those little Halloween tags, so much fun!!

Hugs :)
My Little Craft Things

aimarii said...

Lovely ladies passionately in creating art. Did all by yourself to clean up the traces? Heh, heh.

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Good grief - severe case of Art Sisters Retreat envy going on here in Creston right now!!!! Didn't you have a fabulous time?!

Pam Wildeboer said...

This makes me miss you all soooo much! What a great way to spend the weekend; laughing, playing and creating! I loved all the inspiration I received from all your creative souls! Thanks to DecoArt for allowing me to test out and fall in love with their products! What did I ever do without them! Sending hugs and love xoxoxo

Seth said...

What a wonderful experience this must have been. Thanks for capturing all the fun in these photos and in this post!! Bet you all are thinking about doing it again next year!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Jackie! thanks so much for sharing this lovely experience with us though I am very jealous Lol! Sending hugs to you all, Angela xXx

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Next time I am going to sneak into your luggage! What a great time...and you know I loooove the doll. Did I mention I looooove the doll? love the doll!

Words and Pictures said...

So much fun and food and fantastic crafting! Love the studio set up and I'm sure it was fine without your own personal DecoArt supplies (that's what you get for crafting right up to departure, I suppose). Amazing dolls and I love the look of that Black Ice Glamour Dust paint. Looking forward to more adventures soon.
Alison xx

sarascloset said...

Oh, I had so much fun visiting with your group on this blog post! I'm sure it was oodles of fun! And Riley, you're a real trooper to hang in there with the ladies! Love seeing all these creative projects! I think we need a DecoArt Helping Artist class in Wilmington! Ha! Ha! Hugs!