Friday, April 1, 2016

Gecko Galz April Challenge using DecoArt~Journal Goddess



 Roses, Lace & Butterflies


Time for a new challenge over at Gecko Galz ~

you can play from today,
 April 1st~April 30th-seriously!
 No joking here!

Feel free to grab our badge and share on your blogs.
There is only one rule, and that is you need to use at least ONE  product from Gecko Galz!!  
It can be one of the free products, stamps, collage images, or digital papers!!  It is up to you!!
The winner will receive a $25 Gecko Galz Shopping Spree




On with my goddess...
Paint gesso over substrate
Choose which graphics to use and audition them in various positions.

When decided,cut away and around graphics to fit together
Side view shows how I cut part way around the butterflies to fit over my main subject
Next,used handmade paper that was same coloring of my graphics.
This paper I tore and crumpled and stitched over the top of my substrate,making sure to leave raised areas

Here,I used DecoArt Metallic Lustre' applied to the raised areas of the paper with my fingers









Coat cardboard piece with black Gesso, to be used for backing the graphics

Combine glazing medium and Magenta Interference/Gold Interference
(I did this because i was not sure which color I would use)
This paint mix was applied over the black gesso

Next I applied a gold & black handmade paper to the gessoed piece leaving a 1/4 inch around the edges.
Centered my graphics and glued everything into place onto black gessoed substrate
Before adding my main graphics, I tore some vintage lace and sewed that onto the page substrate
Next, I added a bit of Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide to some of the graphics to tone and blend more.
Fancy cut some roses and a  butterfly and glued into place.

After all the gluing had dried,I added liquid lead by DecoArt to the butterfly and background flowers on the main graphic-for added interest

My goddess journal now has five pages. I'll keep on till I feel it is finished,then will share it's entirety with you.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
 Jackie ")

 Product List:
Gecko Galz collage sheets~
Birds,Butterflies Fly Free
Little Asian Girl

DecoArt Products~
Metallic Lustre'~Gold Rush
DecoArt media Fluid Acrylics~
Interference Gold
Interference Magenta
Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
DecoArt Media Gesso~ Black,White
Americana Glazing Medium
DecoArt Liquid Lead



footnote to my blog friends....Sorry I have not been around, After my son left, we had the grands for Easter break and since they left, I have been down and out with a bug-yick! I am trying my best to visit you-sorry if i miss a post or two hugs,Jackie

26 comments:

Tristan Robin said...

Love all the elements and techniques and way you've brought the whole thing together as a whole. Really lovely. Nice job!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous page!!! You have a wonderful way of using those images!! You should teach!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous Jackie, love the oriental feel to this, - both in the focal image and in the other elements and techniques you have used. Those butterflies are stunning too!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece, love all the texture. Hope you are soon well, hugs, Valerie

alice k. said...

Thanks for visting my blog. The stamp you were asking for is by Kaiserkraft and goes by the name Victoria CS-121. Apparently it's still current, I just googled.

Renee said...

Gorgeous page worthy of a goddess! I hope you are feeling better. Hugs

sarascloset said...

How cool that you cut away the butterflies from their background to layer on top your Goddess!
Love all the bright colors you've used on this; it sure did brighten my day! And so do your wonderful comments on my blog! My apologies for being a bad blogger and friend! I am like a rat on a wheel right now! Happy to "get out"! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

How absolutely gorgeous!
The colours and those butterflies, oh my word, this is stunning.
Wishes
Lynne

Redanne said...

Wow, your collage is wonderful Jackie, I love the 'Goddess' and the way you have surrounded her with such beautiful elements. I am not a bright pink fan normally but I love the background too! Hugs, Anne xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love your use of fabric and lace and how you distressed them. You chose a beautiful image and lovely elements to work with tying them expertly together. Thanks for all your visits to my blog, Jackie! I'm always so happy to see you!

Electra said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous, Jackie!!

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantatsic piece Jackie! GORGEOUS!
Happy Sunday!

Julie Lee said...

I really love how you boldly go with colour, Jackie! It works just brilliantly. Your focal image is gorgeous and all the elements complement one another so perfectly! Well done on another beautiful and art-full creation! xx

Martice Smith said...

Jackie!! Hey love! What a beautiful project...oh my my. You really have a way with embellishments, BOLD colors + texture. My kinda thing, as you already know ;-) I like how you applied the interference paint - something I'll try, for sure! The metallic lustre is sooo creamy...I just love that stuff! Always a treat visiting you, Jackie. Thank you for your lovely comments + visits to my blog, too. Hugs + high fives!

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Jackie! Love the theme, and that shimmery tissue base is genius. My favourite bit is that gorgeous aqua butterfly! hugs :)

~*~Patty S said...

Oh so lovely to see your creative steps Jackie
AND with such fabulous results too ♥!
That gold lustre adds such a yummy glimmer to your piece too along with all of the beautiful touches.
Happy April my creative friend oxo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great piece Jackie, so much colour and so many elements. Love it all, Angela x

aimarii said...

I feel every time a surprise, when I come to visit your blog. You can bring your art to well up. You can tell so well, how you do it. Even I almost understand.
Art lives in your heart. I get to admire something very beautiful.♥

Unknown said...

This is so unique Jackie and I always love 'extraordinary' creating! What fun that you stitched your background and then used the DecoArt Metallic Lustre - wow. And what a neat use for the liquid lead too. Love seeing these products used in fun ways! So many elements coming together to make another WONDERFUL goddess for your journal. XXj.

Candy C said...

Jackie, Jackie...girl, you have got a great creative eye. This purce is so colorful and textural. I love the handmade paper as your base. That looks so cool with the metallic gold highlights. Your Asian theme is really striking with all of the layers of color, paper and lace. Love the butterflies, too! I always love stopping by your blog to see what you've been up to. You never disappoint. ❤️

Curtains in My Tree said...


That is so wonderful I learned a thing or two reading your directions
The vintage lace added ads so much to the looks of it , love it

Gio said...

Such beauty, Jackie, wow! Love the red hue, every details, the butterflies and that marvellous lace. Wel Done!

And thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, I really appreciate them!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a rich visual this piece is, Jackie - loving all that texture and sumptuousness!

ArtyDiva said...

Amazing! Full of texture, color, creativity and your magic touches! Xox

Darlene K Campbell said...

Whoa, I'd love a little piece of that lace to use in a painting. (I'd be glad to buy it.) See this is exactly what I was talking with you about today...the fantastic way you put this together. You are meant to do this. Your passion. I always love the surprise I get when I come to your blog to see what you have made. Cheers-Darlene

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - I thought that ruched paper was fabric at first - such great dimension and texture, and gorgeous with the gilding. Fantastic Oriental palette full of vivid colours.
Alison x