Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Shine so brightly~

Good Morning! Back again with another Tribe post for Gwen!
This morning's post is about shining bright and being the light.
Don't we all need a bit more light in our world?
 As I made my paper mache sun months back,I have no in process photos. I had put it aside,because once it was base painted,I decided on a another project I wanted to begin on.
so fickle we mixed media artists are!heehee
 Where I began was,adding more color to the centers of the sun,then brushing outward and blending colors as I went.
Next,out came one of Gwen's gorgeous stencils and of course one of my favorites~from the Decorative Collection ~ Decorative Medallion Stencil.
I mixed up a good size batch of light modeling paste and a blending of pink acrylics.Next I applied a thick layer of this through the stencil and put to the side to dry.
 Here I have pulled out an assortment of Gwen's Going Global Turkmen Jewelry Parts to see which pieces I was inspired by and would end up using.
 Back to the sun,I mixed up another batch of light modeling paste along with a lighter shade of pink acrylic paint and used the spires of the Decorative Medallion Stencil to stencil on as the edge of the sun's rays,again,leaving this to dry.
 Once this was thoroughly dry,I used DecoArt's DuraClear Gloss Varnish over the whole side,leaving to dry overnight .
In between various coats,I printed out the graphic I was to use and and did some fussy cutting on it.

Next,I painted the Global Turkmen Jewelry parts I chose,using various shades of teal and turquoise. Then,I strung all of my charms together,spacing with glass beads in shades of turquoise and silver and then adding some of my favorites,Gwen's fabulous Glass Czeck Beads.
 You may have seen these Czeck beads of Gwen's used before in some of my others creations,here and here as well as other Tribe posts.

For this piece,I used both the Beautiful Butterflies Glass Czech beads and the Fabulous Floral Glass Czeck beads.
 After the clear coat was dry, I applied my graphic to the backside of the sun along with some printed words. And then also stenciled the same modeling paste on the suns rays as on the other side and let this dry. (When dry, I did add the gloss varnish to this side as well)
Lastly was to add my strung tails of Turkmen Jewelry Parts and Glass Czeck Beads
And finally for the hanger I used Gwen's Warm base~Spice Market Silk Yarn from Gwen's Essentials-Darn Good Yarn Sample Packs 








When the outdoor sun hits the gloss varnish on the stenciled parts,it looks just radiant!
This shine brightly sun traveled very carefully with me to the West coast to my son Lindsey and his gal,Hannah. I am pleased to say they love this and were thrilled to see us as well! heehee


There are a few tiny bells which tinkle ever so sweetly when a gentle breeze blows.






Thanks so very much for your visit and I hope I have inspired you to make something shiny and beautiful,or just be the light that shines!

Peace & Love
 to you my dear friends,
Jackie ")







Gwen's Products used:
from the DecorativeStencil Collection ~ Decorative Medallion Stencil


Other Products used:
DecoArt DuraClear Gloss Varnish
Sun/Moon Graphic purchased from Mike Deakin on Etsy 
"Shine" sticker purchased from Maremi's Small Art on Etsy 


  
 

24 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is another wonderful and creative project, big wow! Hope you are feeling well, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

I simply ADORE this sun- you made it out of papermache - oh wow... that's a fantastic creation and all the layers of love and beauty make it just brilliant dear Jackie! I always love your unique pieces - you are such an inspiration my friend!
Much love from me and I really hope you feel completely recovered meanwhile!
♥♥♥
Susi

sirkkis said...

You really shine Jackie through your fabulous sun. I love how you made it shine to us.
Have a great time with new inspirations,hugs 🌞😘










Gibby Frogett said...

Wow - what an absolutely gorgeous piece!
Thanks for showing the closeup photos too - I love looking at all the little details - and those details were fantastic.
Gill x

ArtyDiva said...

Another amazing piece! I LOVE IT and you are sunshine! xox

ann barnes said...

Jackie, what a special gift to shine brightly for your son and his girl! I love that you created the paper mache sun and those gorgeous colors just really accentuate it’s beauty! Thanks for sharing with us! Hugs to you! xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a fantastic project, Jackie! I love the paper mache idea and would love to know how you made the sun shape. I can certainly identify with being fickle! Sometimes I order products to try a particular technique but by the time they arrive I will have moved on to something else LOL! But at least I'll have all the necessary products when inspiration strikes again. Love how all this came together and I'm a big fan of danglies! xx

Kate Yetter said...

This is so beautiful! I love that stencil and how you used it with a contrasting color. It reminds me of those amazing Mexican art pieces. I love how you applied the face to the sun and those shiny Turkish accents. You always make such stunning 3-d pieces, Jackie.
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another fabulous creation Jackie and what a treat to have not one but both sides to wet our creativity. Love your designed shape and the beads you have used, if I lived nearer I would certainly be purchasing a bag or two of those. A stunning handmade gift made with lots of love and so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

SandeeNC said...

So very cool, I love it! Lots of great details!

Kim Collister Studio said...

Jackie, this fabulous!! Way to use Gwen’s Turkish jewels!! Love the paper mache, face and everything about it! I can’t tell you how many projects I have started and set aside for another day! You have inspired me to get out Gwen’s pretties and make something!
As always, love your work, thank you for sharing the light!
XX
Kim

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

So creative and beautiful! What a joy it must be to look at hanging in your home!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a gorgeous finish to a started-awhile-ago project, Jackie. I love the colours and texture, and the addition of hanging beads and parts was truly inspired. You've knocked it out of the park again, my artsy friend! xo

denthe said...

How gorgeous Jackie! The image of the sun, and then all the gorgeous embellishments you added. Would love to hang that in my house! Actually, you have given me an idea ... ;-) Hope you have a great week!

Julie Lee said...

Another amazing project, Jackie. I love sun and moon pieces. I have a tile at the centre of my garden depicting the sun and the moon together rather like this image. This is so beautiful and such a great idea. You create wonder, my friend!

aimarii said...

Oh, I think you have made Midsummer sun and moon. If your sky there is clouded you will always have the sun and moon of your own.
I wish I should have like those too. Here have bee so rainy.
Happy going with your Midsummer

Redanne said...

Oh Jackie, what a fabulous creation, I just love that you combined the sun and the moon, it is so beautiful!

To answer your question, I always re-size my photos to 600 and when I add them to my blog I set the size as 'original'. I hope that helps! Hugs, Anne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I seem to have got behind with stuff this week but I'm here now Lol! This is such a gorgeous piece and I can't imagine anyone not loving it to bits. The little bells must sound heavenly. Hope you're feeling much better now my friend, Angela xXx

Dorthe said...

Hello my dear Jackie, your gorgeous sun surely shines , and so do you, in every creation you make.
This amazing piece all handmade is a beautiful proof on that- I love what you did, and also love the beads and all you added to it, to send lovely sounds into the world.
Such a loving gift for your son and DIL -
Big hugs from me- to you- xoxoxoxo

Gwen Lafleur said...

This turned out so cool Jackie... I love it! What a fabulous idea!

sarascloset said...

What a great gift for your son and his special girl! I bet they love it, and think of you every time a breeze blows those wonderful charms/bells. At first I thought, no don't make it glossy, but now I see this was the perfect choice to make the sun SHINE! Hugs, again! Almost caught up (I think).

Claudia N. said...

Love this! Such a beautiful piece to decorate your home with!
Claudia xxx

Unknown said...

An absolutely gorgeous creation, dear Jackie, I totally love it! Big hugs & love, dearest friend, xxxx

Lynda Shoup said...

Jackie, your message is so well taken on this November evening. Little light of mine - I'm going to let it shine. You certainly do light up the room whenever I encounter you which is saying something since you are at least one state away. I marvel at your skill with modeling paste. It always looks so luscious and tactile. I can imagine how fun it is to hear the beads and Turkmen pieces in the breeze. They look wonderful. What a great gift you have made.