Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Art journaling


 Back again this morn,squeezing in one last post for Gwen's Tribe for the month of June
back into the Sari journal I went and tried out some new paints I recently purchased.
To start with,the left page was already black,so all I needed to do was scrape modeling paste and paints mixed together through Gwen's beautiful 
I just love how the pink highlights Gwen's stencil against the black background.
While this was drying,I printed out,glued onto heavier cardstock and then fussy cut a handful of butterflies from Gwen's Stunning!Downloadable Digital Cutouts.
 I used the Beautiful Butterflies Collage Sheet Gwen's collage sheets are truly gorgeous.The colors are brilliant and imagery is so clear.You can order them as printed sheets or as a digital download-have a look at the others.
 
Once the page was dry,I molded my butterflies and glued each in place with E6000. When the glue had set,I added either DecoArt Crackle Glaze or Rangers Glossy Accents,randomly to the wings of the butterflies.



Onto the next page,which was red in color.
from Gwen's Spring 2018 Collection
Again,using the same paints along with modeling paste,I scraped this through Gwen's gorgeous Plum Blossoms stencil.
  This was a bit more tricky as I wanted a lot of dimension and texture as well as there were different colors to move through the stencil.
After the stenciling was done,I decided I did not care for the black background,so I gently brushed some paint around the stenciled piece and onto the whole background.
Being a glittery type of gal,I really love the look of the shimmery-ness of these pages.I really think the shine brings the Plum Blossoms front and center!
Here you can see the beautiful handmade yarn,my Tribe Sister Lynda Shoup sent me.Lynda weaves her own yarns using bits of leftover papers and string and other yarns,she is so talented and I just LOVE my yarn,thanks my Sister!


then...
remembering that this was my Sari journal...(Kate) I decided I needed to add bits of Gwen's Irresistible India-Embellished Sari Scrap.
But how to incorporate the Sari now that the pages were complete?
 Well,where there is a will there is a way.I looked at all my colorful matching Sari and found pieces to cut out and add to each page!
here...







and here...

 Two more pages complete!
 
And,recently I received Gwen's stencils from her brand new designs!!
 I swear I have to get one of each of these!!
well I had to have a go with them immediately and created this page...
 here again I used my new paints and began with base coating the  page-I love this color!
Next using Gwen's new stencil,Collage Textures and Patterns-Circles Stencil from the Boho Collection,and a mixture of modeling paste and paint,they were scraped through the stencil with a palette knife. 
Just look at how cool this design is!
When this was dry,I went on to stenciling in black with Gwen's Decorative Folk Flower Stencil
from her Decorative Collection.
 














don't you just love how the black pops on this background?!
But my love for more color won out and I continued on to paint in the stencil with other colors
 

















 and in the end? I was happy I used more color,because,I really love this way it turned out!
 I truly love my  stencils by Gwen and hope I was able to inspire you to stencil something beautiful today!


The challenges I am linking up with:
And I would like to link this post up with 
Art Journal Journey as I was so "Inspired by" Gwen's unique stencils and other products!

Also Linking up with Mixed Media Place as the colors of summer so inspired me~
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday:Bright and Cheerful

and for my Plum Blossom page which has a time worn feel to me I would like to enter  A Vintage Journey's June Challenge - Stencil It 

That's Crafty Challenge Blog:A Summer's Day Challenge



And as always,thanks so much for sharing your time with me today! It truly means so much to me to read your comments and feel the love! ")
Peace & Love
Jackie



Gwen Lafleur's products used:
*Gwen's Decorative Folk Flower Stencil-from Gwen's Decorative Collection
*Collage Textures and Patterns-Circles Stencil-from Gwen's newly released Boho Collection
*Gwen's Chinese garden Plum Blossom Stencil- from Gwen's Spring 2018 Collection
*Decorative 6 Petal Flower Screen Stencilfrom Gwen's Decorative Collection
*Beautiful Butterflies Collage Sheet-from Gwen's Digital Downloadable Collage Cutouts

Other Products used:
Finnabair's Art Alchemy Paints-
Metallique~RedWine,MermaidTeal,Pink Blush,Opal Magic Violet-Green,Vintage Rose,Ice Queen
Art Alchemy Sparks~Butterfly Spells

E6000
DecoArt Media Modeling Paste
DecoArt Crackle Glaze
Ranger Glossy Accents
 




 

33 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

WOW.. wow .. and again ...W*O*W!

You did an amazing job on all three pages.
I adore the spread with the butterflies - I LOVE how their finish makes them so alive and the little bits of Sari scraps in the end are a wonderful touch and make this spread simply STUPENDOUS! And the single page is a work of art as well - I love how you made a amazing painting with the added colours!

My friend you would me make even more happy if you would link to our current
"Art Journal Journey" theme of inspired by as I can see that you were more than inspired by Gwen's fantastic products!
I haven't used my wonderful collage sheets that I won yet but they are on my To do list to print out and play with them soon!And you even reminded me - thank you!

I wish you a wonderful rest of the week dear Jackie
you filled my morning here with art for the heart♥
Thank you very much!

Tons of hugs and LOVE from
Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Once again, you have created some fabulously beautiful pAges with wonderful textures, colours and embellishments, well done. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

♥♥♥Thank you very much for linking to Art Journal Joureny dear Jackie!♥♥♥
Happy day!

suziqu's thread works said...

What beautiful pieces of art Jackie! I'm so pleased to see you back creating such beauty once again after the ordeal you went through!
The stencils, the colours, the life-like butterflies are stunning and I really love the Chinese Plum Blossom stencil. It is gorgeous and love the finishing touches of sari pieces of silk.
Simply gorgeous!
Sending love and and hugs to you! xxx
Suzy

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

So much dimension and color! Love the glossy butterflies and the way you used the floral stencil design on the right page. Well done!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous art journalling!! the colours and textures are all absolutety stunning!!! Very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh wow Jackie thats so beautiful. The backgrounds are like an expensive high class embossed wall paper. Love the butterflies they look like porcelein.
Gorgeous colours and texures again and a lot of painting - what a lot of effort and work - phew! - love it!
And they are great looking stencils and lovely butterflies, I can see why you were inspired.
Thank so much Jackie for sharing what inspired you and joining in again with AJJ.
Hope your week going well.
Gill x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I love your extravagant style, Jackie - and I mean it in the best sense of the word - full on colour and texture - no restraints - no ifs or buts - just abundant play! I find that very inspiring! xx

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Jackie! Stencil overload here - in a most beautiful and spectacular way - what gorgeous colors you used! Love the crackled butterflies and all the wonderful bits adorning the stenciled flowers! thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey! Julia xx

SandeeNC said...

I agree with what everyone else succinctly stated, your work is beautiful!

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, Jackie! I can't tell you how long I have just stared at these photos, taking them in. Upon first look, I thought you stitched those cherry blossoms. The texture you achieved from paint is AMAZING! I love the glitter and the dimensional technique you used. I would love to see a tutorial on how you got the look.(hint) And of course the sari scraps and yarn make it so exotic looking. Haha, I love how you mentioned me. You know I LOVE this Sari journal. I hope you never finish it and that it is filled with endless pages for me to enjoy ;) I just got that boho stencil with the circles you used on the cover and I am looking forward to trying it out now. Each page is so Gorgeous and full of inspiration. LOVE!
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea how I missed this beautiful post. You were certainly inspired by those stencils. You created the most beautiful butterflies I have seen in a long time. They would even put Mother Nature to the test. I am in total awe of these journal entries and was thrilled that you also chose to share them with us at Art Journal Journey.

Julie Lee said...

Jackie, what a rich and beautiful journey with stencils. This post is truly a master-class in creating wonderful effects with them. I think I've probably said this before, but the marriage of you and Gwen's products is definitely one made in heaven! Thank you for all the beauty and inspiration you share. xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I am so in love with your Sari Journal Jackie, how it shimmers and shines. The depth of those paints and pastes are magnificent and I love how those flowers bloom. Reminds me of a silk painting I once did experimenting with texture.
Fabulous pieces we are so lucky to have seen. Thank you so much for sharing with us all and also for joining in with the That's Crafty challenge.
Creative Hugs and wishes Tracey xx

Gio said...

These two pages are both magnificent and I don't know which one I like more. Stunning butterflies against that scrumptious background...but the second page too is wonderful, so shining and textured. Well done, Jackie! LOve your Sari Journal :-)

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous! What else can I say everyone said it for me. I can't wait to see and touch the texture of these pages in August!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh my goodness Jackie, those Sari journal pages are simply incredible, so vibrant and stunning use of those stencils!! Well and the amazing paints too. The butterflies do look wonderful too and the idea of adding dimension with the glazes really adds to them so much!

The other page looks wonderful too! But I have to say the first ones really stole my heart!

Redanne said...

The pink tones against the background really is very striking on the left hand page, the right one is gorgeous, it reminds me of vintage wallpaper (don't know why but it does). Your third page is really beautiful, the colours you chose all look wonderful together. Great pages!

Thanks so much for joining in our Stencil It challenge at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, Anne has beaten me to this comment but I have to repeat it! The pink against the black card is a stunner! it just works so well. Your journal pages are always gorgeous and so different. It was only when I read your comment over at mine that I remember you mentioning that you weren't getting the comments to your emails, than goodness it's sorted now. Sending the biggest hugs ever, Angela xXx

Words and Pictures said...

Extraordinary colours and textures on your rosy pages, and the shimmer adds that extra touch of magic. The black pages give such an air of mystery too... Lovely to see you clearly enjoying your playtime so much. So sorry I've been missing so much... I really hope to do some proper catching up soon.
Alison x

Nancy said...

Beautiful work, Jackie! :o)

sarascloset said...

Beautiful colors and texture on your blossomy journal page, Jackie! I love that you continued the fun onto another page! That black stencil work looks fabulous against the paler background-wow! Thank you for sharing your journal page at A Vintage Journey in our Stencil It challenge! Hugs!

denthe said...

I love the colours on these pages, the "shimmery-ness" as you say it :-) It's another gorgeous spread. You make such perfect use of these beautiful stencils. Every time I see what beauty you create with stencils I think about using my stencils more often, but somehow I seldom do. I'm going to try to think of it next time I do an art-journal page. What I'm wondering though: how do you keep the pages from sticking together? All those layers of colour, all those different materials ... Do you put deli paper in between? Dear Jackie, I wish you a wonderful 4th of July celebration with your loved ones! Big hugs xxx Denise

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hello again my crafty friend. Thanks for the comment over at mine. Have a lovely creative week, Angela xxx

Claudia N. said...

Awesome work with Gwen's beautiful stencils, Jackie!
Love the Sari journal pages - especially the Plum Blossoms page! Wow!
The textural look adds so beautifully to the designs!
Hugs,
Claudia xxx

Roosterhead Designs said...

Hi there Jackie,
Your Sari journal looks amazing! At first glance I truly thought you were using fabric or quillng! The textures and colors you have created are bold and beautiful!
So deep in richness & detail. Thanks for sharing :) I hope you are healing well and I'm so glad you are feeling creative. Beautiful work! <3 hugs to you, karen o

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a beautiful spread and page, Jackie - those stencils are delightful, and I suspect we'll see some more of them soon. Wonderful to see your post and bask in that baroque glory! Sending hugs, my friend. xo

Unknown said...

Beautiful work dear! I love your buterfly!

Arantzazu said...

so cool pages!!
thanks for playing with us at MMP!

Juliya Tirskaya said...

Beautiful work!
Thank you for joining as at Mixed Media Place!

Barbara Rankin said...

OMGosh, Jackie! This is so gorgeous. I love those juicy colors and the stencils are beautiful. I am going to check them out. Love what you did with the butterfly's wings, too, Love glitzing them up like that. You have been a busy girl. Love that second page as well. You worked magic with both of them. Hugs, Barbara xo

AnastasiaElena said...

Interesting work! Cool!
Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Olace!

Lynda Shoup said...

I am sooooo late to the party! I love all these pages! From the first picture I was sold. The molding paste through the stencil did it for me. They are all so beautiful! The richness of color and texture makes these an absolute joy to see. Your ability to mix and match always inspires. Is it a surprise that I would be delighted to spot some of that handspun yarn? You integrated it so cleverly, but I still could spot it. You make my heart sing, dear Tribe Sister. These pages are just what I needed to see tonight.