Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Stand beside her...and guide her...

 Good morning and Happy 4th of July to my friends here in the states.
I thought the piece was perfect for today!
As you can see,this is a metal plate.This type of serving wear was huge back in the 50's and 60's and now you see it all over,at thrift shops,garage sales... why not repurpose it- right?

I made this piece to bring out to California for my son Lindsey and his gal Hannah.
The kids loved it and said it was the best gift ever!

Seeing that the gift went to California with us...I thought this was a great segue into photos of our trip out there with the kids!
If you have some time,photo heavy post, so grab a cuppa and relax.

 On Friday we took a couple hour drive to Monterey.
Here are a couple of quick facts(via Google)about Monterey Beach.
Monterey is a city on California’s rugged central coast. Its Cannery Row, one-time center of the sardine-packing industry, was immortalized by novelist John Steinbeck. Today, it's a popular strip of gift shops, seafood restaurants and bars in converted factories. Also famous is Monterey Bay Aquarium, with thousands of marine animals and plants on display.
We opted for eats and walking...
 Linds showing his good side...
 Hannah always has a good side!
 Me and Riley posing for the camera.I should have moved my chair closer!(yes,the stretch was uncomfortable!)
  I was having fun,snapping photos!This one came out pretty neat!

Below is where we ate breakfast.at Lulu's. You give them your cell number and they call you when they have table and chairs available.it took 35 minutes for our call back.

 


 








 Riley and Linds got these huge wraps,Hannah had a Normal size waffle...
 And I asked for the HUB,not realizing exactly what it was. The HUB as in Hub Cap size! YIKES! Hannah helped me, but we still left much on the plate! We all could have had a quarter of this and that would have been plenty! lol
 

 We strolled the shops and Riley was into trying things on! heeheee 

and kayak-ers on the ocean-how funny was that? Something I have never seen.
 Back at the house,our host and hostess did a fine job with preparing delicious meals for us, and they really worked so well together. Made me feel good to see this ")
on another note,Mom was not allowed in the kitchen when they were cooking-What?! lol
 This is Rae she is a sweetheart and would walk over me while I was sleeping. They have another kitty named Trevor,but Trev is totally camera shy!
 So we went to this really cool store called the World Market and they actually sell this stuff! heehee We opted for a couple bags of delicious coffees instead!
 Another day out brought us to this park for walking.This park is all trails and salt lakes.
 














This photo reminds me of Linds when he was a little boy.It makes me tear up every-time 
 I guess this spider forgot to move before the sun dried up the water"( Cool photo though!
 This is summer in California- the green grasses are now gone till next spring again-and this is why fire safety is so important!
Now back home for another meal,Lindsey indulges me for more photos! lol And tonight Mom gets to cook Lindsey's favorite meal-Chicken Kiev.It was yummy!
 Rile lounging and chillin. The weather was perfect all the while we were there.
 and...Hannah loved making mixed media! She was a fast learner and has taken to modeling paste, stencils and stamps like she was born with them in her hands! heehee
 Hannah is a big fan of Distress Oxides as well-she takes after me! LOL
 Rae posing for Gramma
(yea I know she is a cat,but till they give me grandchildren,the kitties are my grandkitties!)
 Beautiful flowers on the trees outside their apartment
 Hannah snaps some photos from above
  having Mom and Son time.
I miss them so much already. Linds is my baby at 32-I can't believe it was that long ago he came into this world!
 My sweethearts are moving to Texas in August to start a whole new life! Stay tuned,I may end up a MIL and grandma yet! ")
 Family=LOVE
 Bless us,Everyone!



Well my friends,this was a heartfelt post today. I cried when I edited my photos and I cried when uploaded these as well, now as I look over my post...here I am tearing up again! I better get this posted and move along before my eyes start to swell! heehee
 My love for my children is something that is too hard to express and you other parents reading this know what I mean.
So,truly, thanks so much for being here and indulging me!

And in spite of all that is wrong right now in our country right now, I have a great love for her and pray that she will be guided by the light to what is right. 

I wish you all,
Peace & Love
Jackie ")






DecoArt Chalky Finish~Everlasting
DecoArt Chalky Finish~Honor
DecoArt Americana Acrylic~True Red
DecoArt Americana Decor Stencil~Americana Tribute

 

11 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Happy 4th July to you and your family. Lovely photos to cherish. Tracy ❤️❤️

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Happy Independence Day to you! Beautiful photos of your trip.
Even though their is a lot wrong in our country, I still hope people will come together instead of spreading hate. Only our people can mend this. xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wonderful photos, Jackie! Where was Chum while you were on this trip? Love the grandkitty! Lindsey and Hannah make a lovely couple. Happy 4th of July! xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, pleased to see you having such a good time. Pleased to see Hannah enjoying the crafting and the kitty is a real poser. Love those flowers too, gorgeous. You are looking very happy so I hope this means you are also feeling much better too. Oh yes! where is Chum? Enjoy your day, Angela xXx

Redanne said...

Jackie your plate is gorgeous and such a wonderful way to celebrate this special day for all our friends in America - Happy 4th July to you and yours!

You clearly had a wonderful time with your lovely family, thank you for sharing your lovely photos! Hugs, Anne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your plate is more than gorgeous, I love it. Thanks for sharing those wonderful photos, you had a fantastic time together. Happy 4th July, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

So glad I got to enjoy this post today Jackie as it would have been impossible for me to read yesterday with IT problems. Your plate transformation is super, I hope you had a great 4th July. I loved every moment and photograph you shared with us, new memories created and sparking of thoughts of moments passed. What a wonderful family you have, good luck with your Son's move & fingers crossed we hear wedding bells & the patter of tiny feet soon hee hee!
Big Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've actually never seen any of those plates at thrift stores, although I have seen others who have found them in droves.

Although I have never had children, I can relate to your love of family. You took some incredible photos and I loved each and every one of them.

What will happen when your son moves to Texas and has to hide his Warriors T-shirt (grin)?

I remember summers in CA. They can be brutal, but I've been there at Christmas when it was around 85 F, too.

Thank you for this wonderful Independence Day tribute to our nation and your beloved family.

Julie Lee said...

What a lovely post, Jackie. Thank you so much for the beautiful glimpses you give into your life. Your plate was so colourful and celebratory and how great that you and Hannah were able to share a love of mixed media! I hope your July 4th was an amazing one and I send you every good wish and every good wish for the future of your beautiful,spectacular and varied country. America has given so much to the World through invention, creativity, the pursuit of truth and freedom and sheer hard work. I have every hope that you will come through these difficult times and that which is good and true will prevail.

Dorthe said...

Hello sweet Jackie,
a wonderful tour with you, and your family , so many wonderful pictures, ANDI know how it is live away from
the child - and not seeing them often.... lovely you could stay together for a whole vacation.
The flowers are stunning, and you are lucky to have a DIL, also interested in mixed-media - so much fun.
Your plate looks so great , too !!

Big hugs from Dorthe, xx- to you, too .

Win Dinn, Artist said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt post, Jackie. I certainly understand what you mean about your children (grandkitties, too). And the plate is outstanding, as is all of your work. Sending you massive hugs, my travelling friend! xo