Thursday, July 26, 2018

You Can...Go Your Own Way

 Here again today with another Tribe post for Gwen Lafleur and like my canvas last week, I must have had music on my mind as well!
I know, I know...Fleetwood Mac surely were not singing about fish...but I was singing this song while I was adding layers and well if the title fits-use it!
As per my usual lately,I get lost in my layers on the canvas and before I know it,I know longer know what colors or products I had out,let alone having taken any photos during the process!
 Sorry,but just finished photos again,along with links to the wonderful,fabulously #Lafleurish products used!
  So here they are gang,lots of photos showing off Gwen's gorgeous products,and some very yummy, textures!

 So,if you please... sit back,relax and have a look!

 Right off the hook,(haahaa)
we have one of Gwen's Boho Fish,from her Stupendous Sea Life category,stealing center tank!(haahaa)
 Is he/she not gorgeous?Just look at those combined papers and fabrics Gwen put together to create this uniquely beautiful Boho Fish!
 And,under this beautifully,handcrafted Boho Fish is some exquisite netting trim,which is found inside Gwen's personally curated Stupendous Sea Life Collage & Embellishment Pack.
 
 I used a piece of the trim upside down to secure my titled words in the netting.
Just like a fish,caught in the net,so too were my words! Literally!

       Up next a few texture and crackle photos


 


 




   and do you see this stencil here? The arc of sorts? 
This is one of Gwen's signature stencils from her newest unique stencil Collections...this one is the Boho Striped Circle Stencil from this Spring's release of Gwen's Boho Stencil Collection
 and how about these sweet fish?
 
 these fish are cut out from Gwen's Downloadable Collage Cutout Sheets  the Stupendous Sea Life Set.

 
 and yes,the Coral and Starfish are both from the very same Stupendous Sea Life Collage set.
 yummy textures with a sideways view




and how about these gorgeous hand stamped seahorses on Mulberry papers,created by Gwen?!
Aren't they Amazing? they look so real!
These stamped Seahorses are exclusively available when you purchase Gwen's Stupendous Sea Life Collage and Embellishment Collection.

 Well,I hope this canvas has wet your under sea appetite enough to head over to Gwen's and peruse her Mixed Media Supplies & Kits,or Downloadable Collages or even pick up a few of her gorgeous and uniquely created Boho Fish!

and here is a bit of music to leave you with


As always,I so appreciate and love your visits.
and I so appreciate and love you!
Peace&Love my friends!
Jackie ") 



Gwen's Products used:
Boho Fish
Stupendous Sea Life Collage & Embellishment Pack
Boho Striped Circle Stencil
Stupendous Sea Life Collage  
Trim & Seahorse stamped images from the Stupendous Sea Life Collage & Embellishment Pack

Other Products used:
DecoArt Media Acrylic Paints
DecoArt Weathered Crackle Finish
DecoArt Triple Thick Gloss 

I'm playing along with these challenges this month:

25 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm in love with your jazzy fish on the gorgeous canvas, this is a real summertime stunner! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Win Dinn, Artist said...

As always, I am struck with the fabulous texture in your piece, and I love it that you used your earworm to finish and title it. Such extraordinary layers...yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy! xo

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fantastic piece, the fish has so much layered detail. The detail is fantastic and really creates such a wonderful feature tomthe fish and I love your background too. Tracy ❤️

ann barnes said...

Oh my dear friend Jackie, your piece has captured my attention and grabbed tight! I just love all these gorgeous layers and those papers are beautiful! Having always been an avid fan of Gwen’s boho fish, I recognized it immediately and your take on the design is stunning! Thanks for sharing, and no worries about getting caught up in the creative process, those are always the best kind of projects! xx

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is beautiful Jackie! I love all of the layers and the bright colors... so fun - fabulous job!

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

So summery and fun! And very clever use of the song lyrics...brings me back to the ‘70s and my college days

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh my word Jackie, I could dip my toes into all that texture and crackle. So much detail to take in I have swam, swam and swam again through it all again and again. So many deep and inspiring techniques and texture this is a piece that will inspire each time it is looked upon.
Full of colour, boho and chic I am in love with it all.
Thank you for sharing with us all Big Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Thank you for your sweet comments and visits as always xx

Redanne said...

Wow Jackie, what a fabulous piece! Those gorgeous seahorses look so dimensional and I love that striped circle stencil, it suits this piece so well. Love all the texture, colour and detail - a stunning piece of work! Hugs, Anne xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow - super textures! I just LOVE that colourful fish - you're certainly going your own way, Jackie with fantastic results. xx

Pam Wildeboer said...

Jackie! There is so much beautifulness (like my new word?!) to look at! Love all the color and texture, that goes without saying, and I also love how you used the crackle and those little bubble things. I didn't see in your post what those were, or maybe I missed it, but I love you you used them! Even for eyeballs lol Gwen's collage and embellishment pack is wonderful and you put them to use in a most magical way! xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. The texture you got and the layers you created made this canvas come to life. And because I love old rock and roll, I'll be singing that song all day long.

I am so in awe of this fish and how you used the starfish and seahorse. Your composition is incredible. I am in total AWE!!!

Dorthe said...

Jackie, your canvas is incredible amazing. All the fantastic texture you have created, the gorgeous colors- that fish is simply so wonderful, with all the details , and layers- I`m in awe how you achieve this so amazing 3-d look, dear.
Hugs from me, and a lovely weekend . xx

denthe said...

Oh Jackie, I would so love to take this piece in my hands, run my fingers over it and examine it up close. So many interesting details, and how on earth do you get that background so gorgeous!? Especially the close-ups with the red and blue colours are so yummy .... Those fish are amazing too! Another masterpiece! Well done, and keep on creating :-) Much love from Belgium xxx

Jill McDowell said...

Center Tank...you crack me up. But now I can’t get that song out of my head, thank you.... I love the layers and how you caught the words. What a fun piece!

sirkkis said...

Absolutely amazing full of wonders. Gorgeous, Jackie 👏.
Happy Sunday 💕

Gio said...

I am drooling over this scrumptious and luxurious texture, Jackie...and don't mention the bright and vibrant colours. You are a queeeeeeeeennnnn! Happy Sunday, my dear :-)

Kate Yetter said...

This canvas has so much to look at and absorb. All that yummy texture. I love those Boho fish! And I love how those words are literally caught in the net. I didn't see it until I looked at that close-up picture. I have a thing for sea creatures but I especially LOVE sea horses. I am loving this canvas. It is so inspiring with all the color and texture, Jackie!
Kate

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie fab post though slightly crazy Lol! were you drinking whilst listening to the music and doing the canvas! That is one lush fish. Thanks for the visit to mine too. You asked about the cleaning of the chandelier and yes they take the whole thing apart, wash everything and then put it all back together, some job! Take care and big hugs, Angela xXx

Mandy said...

Wonderful canvas Jackie! There are so many lovely details to look at & the colours and texture are lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is Mixed Media art at its finest Jackie! I adore your Boho fish Canvas - every detail is an eyecatcher and all the amazing textures...simply brilliant dear Jackie!
Much love my dear friend!
Hugs, Susi

Sandra Wright. said...

Oh wow..I am so in love with your work of art..absolutely stunning..the textures, colour palette and the theme, which I love..is just amazing.
Thank you so much for joining us at More Mixed Media..x

Lys said...

Yeah! Happy to listen to Fleetwood Mac again! It goes so well with this fabulous patchwork scene! Amazing mixed media art!

Fliss said...

Wow Jackie! Your canvas is amazing and the focal point fish is absolutely stunning! I really love this beauty!!!
Thanks for joining in with our nature challenge at That's Crafty! and wishing you lots of luck.
Fliss DT x

Cocofolies said...

WOW!!!
I adore your canvas with this Boho fish Jackie, absolutely wonderful artwork, in each and every detail!
Just a stunner. With fabulous textures and layers. LOVE love this!!!
Sending hugs,
Coco xx

Lynda Shoup said...

Jackie, I can see you got on swimmingly with this project! I love the details and especially the fact that you gave a side view of the textures. The crackle effect is so beautiful in this piece! Love the way you wove it all together!