Sunday, July 8, 2018

Bohemian doily and StencilGirl StencilClub

Good morning everyone!
I am sharing with you today a project made with Gwen LaFleur's new stencil reveal~The Ceramic Tiles Collection
Omgosh! these are my new favorites! haahaa like I never say that about all of Gwen's stencils-right?

You can see Gwen's reveal and the Gorgeous pieces she create with her new designs here via this link.
These stencils are extra special because you can only get these through joining StencilGirl's StencilClub!
Learn more about the club and join via this link
I'll tell you more later in the post,on to a few pictures of my upcycled doily.

So,I have an unhealthy stash(hoarder) of vintage doilies(heehee) and decided these were perfect for Gwen's new stencils!
First I gave the doily two coats of gesso on each side
 













Next I used the Brass paint and the 6x6 Fleur-di-lis stencil


 Yummy already!

Then out came the fiber paste and I mixed a batch with Teal paint,
and used the 9x12 all over design,omitting the center design when knifing the paste through
 

beautiful! ahhhh not done yet!








Next out came my new Pixie powders and with water,I colored the lace edging and then made a wash of the same  and colored the background


So lovely! but I think it needs more...
 Red Wine paint this time and some fancy detailed work
at some point I used Gold to paint in the center of the fleur-de-lis design and also a bit on the overall designs- to make that Wine color show even more.
Then I reintroduced the overall stencil over the center, just using a sponge with the Teal again.

I will tell you,Gwen designed these this collection to layer perfectly with one another.


I called it done here~kind of Bohemian looking isn't it?!
I do love the way this doily turned out and have already started a few others!
 
 



And now,a bit more info about the StencilGirl StencilClub in case you missed the link. 
These stencils are ONLY available through StencilClub.

What do you get for your 25.00 monthly fee?
*First you get one 9x12
*one 6x6
*one 4x4 Stencil each month
along with
* a companion project video and
* PDF made by the artist of the month
*and...there are always coupons available for  members as well!

* and let me add,not only do you receive all the above, but also tons of inspiration from other club members as well a a community of like minded StencilGirl Stencil loving souls!

July 2018's Designer of the month,Gwen LaFleur,will be teaching how to make a Single Sheet Journal using her new stencils in her video.

So if you want to receive Gwen's Ceramic Tile Stencils,you need to hurry as these stencils are only available to club members who join Before 8/15.
Hurry to get in on these Fabulous new designs by Gwen!

List of Products:
StencilGirl StencilClub~Gwen LaFleur's~Ceramic Tiles Collection

Golden's Fiber Paste 

Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder~Teal Wash

Paints:
Prima~Finnabairs Alchemy Metallique Paints~Mermaid Teal,Red Wine
           ~Finnabairs Art Alchemy Sparks~Dragon's Eye
           ~Finnabair's Art Extravagance patina Paste Effect~Brass

Vintage doily

So happy you were able to join me here today! Hoping your day is filled with sunshine & love wherever in the world you are!
Peace&Love
Jackie ")




20 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the colours are beautiful and I love the trim. Tracy ❤️❤️

Lys said...

Beautiful! The colours are wonderful, and the red addition is just perfect!

SandeeNC said...

Love your bohemian doily! StencilClub has the best stencil designs!

Dorthe said...

A fantastic doily , created, dear Jackie.
I love how you mixed the different stencils, to end up with this amazing creation, in wonderful tones.Such beautiful work .
Hugs and a lovely rest of your Sunday, to you. xoxo , Dorthe

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow Jackie, this is really over the top, just fantastic! Well done! Hugs, Valerie

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Beautiful! Delicious colors, and love the way you fit the different stencils together

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I thought the vintage doily looked good after the bronze and teal, but adding the pink was the icing on the cake. It is gorgeous, and I think it is a prime example of the Victorian era's over the top decorating.

froebelsternchen said...

I am simply thrilled about the idea to create this! This is a doily now that caught my heart. So unique ! You cannot fail to be impressed by your style and I loved to see the steps dear Jackie!
WONDERFUL!
I wish you a very happy July!
Thinking of you and happy to have you as an artsy blogger friend!
Much love from
Susi

Kate Yetter said...

This is so gorgeous, Jackie! You have inspired me to make some textiles using stencils. I say the same thing about Gwen's stencils. Each one is better than the last.
Beautiful!
Kate

Jill McDowell said...

Jackie, Hmmmm, Never thought about stenciling doilies. You just amaze me with your creativity. You did Gwen’s stencils proud. From one of those crazy like minded stencil nuts (oops, I meant soul 😂)

Little Artbee said...

Omg your fabric piece looks so gorgeous. It is really a dream. I like how you placed the motifs and your choice of colors. Great Artwork!
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Julie Lee said...

What a beautiful use of the stencil, Jackie. You have created a unique heirloom. xx

Gio said...

This is brilliant in so many ways! Altering a doilies??? You amazed me, really. And the result is stunning. And...you used those shimmering Pixies! I think you are enjoying them, aren't you ;-)?

denthe said...

what I admire in you Jackie is that you have stashes of things but you also dare to use them. And invariably you make something beautiful out of it. You're right, these stencils are gorgeous, but you also know how to use them, and I really like how you layered them. And I so love the colours you use. Another master piece! Wishing you a wonderful creative week dear Jackie! Hugs xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie. Great project and always good to use unloved stuff that would otherwise....well stay unloved. I very much like Stencil Girl products and can sometimes get the stencils here in the UK. Have fun and keep up the good work. Pleased my efforts this week made you smile too. Much love, Angela xXx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Jackie there is no such thing as an unhealthy addiction when it makes us happy. It is clear to see that you love them as they are decorated so beautifully.
I really wish Gwen's stencils were more widely available in the UK and if I lived closer I would not hesitate to sign up but living in the UK does add that little extra to the costs but I will continue my search on trying to find a local supplier as everything Gwen is just so perfect. Thank you as always for sharing.
Hope you are keeping well??
Big Heartfelt hugs Tracey xx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Wow, stunning results! Must get me some fibre paste! That first stenciling is just perfection - I would have just stopped there, if I had the courage to start in the first place LOL - but you elevated it to the next level!

aimarii said...

You created your doily to totally new. I cannot believe that the both are the same doily. You create you are an artist!

ann barnes said...

This beautiful doily could adorn my table any day! Wow, such a creative use for these beautiful stencil designs Jackie! I love the colors you've used! Thanks for sharing such wonderful inspiration! ~Ann xx

Lynda Shoup said...

What a lovely doily makeover! Your layering is so inspired. I would never have thought to use those colors on a white doily, but it works so well!