Friday, January 29, 2016

a little more Glitter



 As I am on the DesignTeam for Gecko Galz,each month I have a day appointed to me as my sample day.
My date is on the 29th,so be sure to stop by on that day each month for a few step by steps as well as inspiration using Gecko Galz products. Also,on that day,I will have a Free Digi Stamp for you to download and use in your artwork-
a thank you from Gecko Galz!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's samples are still under the January theme, All That Glitters
 A new addition for my Goddess Journal 

This piece was made awhile ago while playing with new embossing folders so no photos"(
Painted a piece of cardstock with several coats of various blues
Then ran cardstock through Cuddlebug with  embossing folder.
Layered and wiped back several layers of acrylic paint.
Drybrushed with Quinachrindone Gold
Loosely trimmed around scalloped edges of embossed design
 Generously coated both the page and the back of glitter wrapping paper (found at JoAnn's)
Pressed together,smoothed out and let dry
Next,I attached a piece of tulle like material(used old stash)with sewing machine in the center
Also added a few small areas of tac on the corners,using gold thread
The embossed piece was added on top and was also stitched into place.
 Backed my lady image,from the Golden Splendor collection,with black cardstock and fancy cut before placing her.
Added strands of gold thread and a small scrap of same tulle as well.
Next,layered metal embellishments
then placed my goddess image on top using E6000 glue and weighted this till dry.

Next up are a few digital stamps by Gecko Galz that I printed out,colored with metallic pens and fancy cut.
Thinking maybe to use later in one of my journals. 
 still working on this one~he needs more sparkle!
Just look at the details of these digi stamps! Gorgeous!!!!
this butterfly I doubled backed and fancy cut out~ I think I have a place for this in my Art Barn!
 Okay,couldn't resist getting out the Stickles and adding deliciousness to these!
 My last sample today is a 4x4 piece that was created for my Gecko Galz DT avatar
this angel is also from the Golden Splendor Collection
I think I will add her to a page in my Goddess journal!

and now,here is your Digital Stamp!
Have fun with it!!


Products used:
Gecko Galz
Gold Thread
DecoArt Decou page
Glittered Wrapping paper
Stickles
Metallic Pens
Spellbinders Embossing Folding
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics

Thank you so very much for your visits and comments!! Truly you make my day and fill me with gladness!!
hugs,
Jackie ")


27 comments:

Karenliz Henderson said...

My friend, gorgeous, gorgeous. Did you put the tool over her face or is that the image? The bee and the butterfly is stunning. They would be nice hanging from the ceiling!!!!

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lucky February has 29 days this year, otherwise we would have missed you next month! Fabulous projects - all sparkly and glamorous! Those Decko Galz sure keep you busy! The embossed background is stunning as is the image you used. Your avatar image is stunning as well! Beautiful metallic and glittery textures in the coloured bee and butterfly!

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

I love that butterfly with the totally blinged out glitter fest happening :) How fun!

Kay Wallace said...

A worthy addition to your Goddess Journal, Jackie...she is absolutely gorgeous!

Valerie-Jael said...

Ooooh, what gorgeous glittery and sparkly work, love it all! Nothing like a bit of glitter to brighten a dull day. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful project Jackie! WOW!
Happy weekend to you!
oxo
Susi

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your Goddess page looks stunning, Jackie. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Marie

Astrid Maclean said...

So stunning, those images are amazing and you have used them to perfection!! This is going to be one incredible journal!!

Julie Lee said...

So loving your projects, Jackie. We really need glitter and colour here in the UK at the moment, as the days are so dull and grey! I love your golden goddess with her vivid textured background. She made my heart sing! xx

~*~Patty S said...

Oh my you are really channeling your inner Goddess dear Jackie!
What a breathtaking creation.
Every layer and detail are stunning.
So much eye candy here today.
TFS!
Happy Weekend to you and your sweetie from snowy Virginia
oxo

Words and Pictures said...

Wowzer - love the embossed framing of the gilded image - like a Russian icon - and those digi images look completely amazing - your colouring has really highlighted all that incredible detail. Brilliant inspiration post for the wonderful Gecko Galz!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Stunning productivity and creativity!
I also had the same thinking as Alison, it conjures up images of Icons, especially Russian icons.
Beautiful colouring of the digi images, that bee is fabulous!
Wishes
Lynne

Bev said...

Stunning and lots of detail love that bee as well...

Win Dinn, Artist said...

That Goddess Journal of yours is definitely going to be a knock-out. What fabulous pieces you've done here, Jackie - I'm drooling all over my keyboard! xo

Nancy TeWinkel said...

Excellent work. Love all the details on and around your Goddess.

Gaby Bee said...

Wow, what a beautiful sparkly creation! Love especially the bee:)

Have a nice weekend!

Gaby Bee

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Cool idea for a goddess journal, and wonderful new entry. OH MY GOODNESS, that bee image is beyond gorgeous...wow on the detail!!!

Electra said...

Jackie, your work is always so glorious! Love to see what you have created, you inspire me! and thank you for the stamp!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Wow Jackie, so much gorgeousness and those insects brilliant!!!! Angela x

Sisterhood of the Muse said...

The work is just WONDERFUL, Sister-in-Gecko! :-)Beautiful and very Goddess-like :-)

Unknown said...

Dear me Jackie - you have been busy busy. What beautiful projects. j.

Pamellia said...

Wow, so much to love in this post Jackie. Wonderful use of the tulle on the first piece, that pink really pops. I think the show stopper for me though, is that glorious butterfly!! I mean, holy wowzers, I kept scrolling back up to look at it again and again!! Those colours, oh my, that shimmer, oh boy...LOVE LOVE LOVE!! You rock! hugs :)

Candy C said...

Jackie...you are so talented, girlfriend! Your goddess cover is way cool. Love the layers. How do you come up with this stuff? That tulle type layer really is a neat addition and I adore your vintage looking European style lady. She's lovely. Love your colors and the almost like gold guilding. Really sets everything off. And your digi stamps....wow! That bee is beyond beautiful.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you suggested that I visit your page and read your blog. You create beautiful works of art. I really need to experiment more with items I haven't tried. Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me. I sincerely appreciate it.
And congrats on your barn\studio. I can only imagine what creations of art will be made there.
#Twitter@La_Teece45.

denthe said...

Wow, these are all gorgeous! I love those blues, and that butterfly is amazing. I am so very happy that I now have a little piece of your art to admire in person :-) It'll get a beautiful place in our new home! ♥

PiaRom said...

So loove the glittery butterfly! A feast to look at ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Dorthe said...

Jackie, I love your goddess pieces, and the first one is like a real Russian Icon, so amazing.
And wow the butterfly, so very wonderful, I love glitter :-)
Hug from Dorthe