Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Collage play with postcards and tags








 Just can't seem to get away from using these re-purposed packaging pieces for substrates! They work beautifully!
Using Man O Man Gecko Galz collage sheets to create this fun piece.




 This tag I showed a sneak peek of in an earlier post~here is the finish.
I used some organic goodness from my yard,including pieces of sheet from my white birch tree and a skeletal leave I discovered last fall. It is hard to tell from the photograph,but these elements are sealed with melted beeswax.
A bit of stitching with hemp cord




Thanks for your visit! Please feel free to download the free digital stamp from Gecko Galz!

 Lovely of you to come by again for a visit!!I should be around very soon to visit you again!
Hope your day is sweet & beautiful!
Jackie ")

14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work! Hugs, Valerie

Bev said...

Fabulous Jackie and that tag is gorgeous the blue is so intense....

Michele said...

really beautifully done pieces! thank you for the freebie! xo

Electra said...

Sp much glorious eye-candy! Thank you Jackie!!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Gorgeous tag. Love all the natural goodness in the beeswax. I've never tried beeswax I may have to get some.

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Gorgeous! Especially the tag with the insect and hemp. I will have to experiment with beeswax too

Kim Collister Studio said...

Love the stitching , nature elements and that you used beeswax!!! Wonderful inspirational piece!
xoxo Kim

artbyjune said...

I just LOVE that bug tag Jackie. Beeswax is lovely. Stitching very nice touch.

PaperOcotilloStudio said...

What fun pieces Jackie :) I love the re-use of things!

sarascloset said...

Oh, I do love the organic look to your tag! I zoomed in a got a great look at the beeswax and it looks fantastic on the birch bark and leaf. Fantastic work! And I'm loving that Man collage! My hubby spells his Darryl. Would love to know why Mike and his friend are trying to stuff Daryll into whatever it is they are stuffing him into! Ha! Ha! Think of you often my friend, and wonder how in the heck you are! Hugs!

Redanne said...

Your card is wonderful but oh that tag, it is absolutely stunning, I love the colour, it is just glorious and although I don't like bugs much, that one is fabulous!! Love it! Anne xx

denthe said...

Wow, that leaf is amazing, and I'm in love with your use of colours. Beautiful work as always ...

~*~Patty S said...

WOW your tag is brilliant.
The colors and textures are totally yummy with that great beetle too!
oxo

Chana Malkah said...

Keep playing! Your work is awesome!
Hugz,
Chana