Monday, December 19, 2016

Winter Solstice Tag


Recently,my childhood neighbor and friend,
Jennifer aka LadyJane Vintage,sent me a wonderful envie  full of vintage bits and bobs!


















 After ooohhing and aaaahhhhing over my vintage treasures,I set about to design and create something from my cache!Thanks so much Jen❤!


So here is where I began,if you have a few minutes,grab a cuppa,for there are many photos and a bit of detail on how I created this tag~


 First thing,gathering up pieces I plan to use,laces and rose ribbon from Jen,a vintage snowflake, a tag of course,and a graphic of a beautiful winter solstice lady
 painted my tag with chalky finish paint~for the matte look
 then roughed up the edges of my graphic and tag
giving my vintage snowflake some new life with snow and glamour dust
 stamping,inking and embossing
 spraying some color as well as adding snow and glitter
starting to layer and using matte gel to secure my elements
 adding a bit of whiteness with a hint of glimmer
 everything is added now and here is a feast of photos for you to enjoy!




  ribbons and lace from Jen

 


Thanks so much for your visit! Surely everyone is busy making merry and preparing for the upcoming holidays,so I really appreciate your taking the time!
 I hope you enjoyed my share~see you again soon!
Sending warm winter wishes out to you!
Jackie ")




List of Products used:
DecoArt Chalky Finish Paint~Timeless
DecoArt SnowWriter Snow Effects
DecoArt Glamour Dust
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics~Titanium White, Interfence Blue
Vintage Laces and Ribbons
Vintage Snowflake Ornament
Tag
Lindy's StampGang Sprays & Embossing Powder
Archival Brilliance Pearlescent Ink~SkyBlue 
MarthaStewart Holidays~Course Glitter
Tim Holtz Paper Distresser
Matte Gel
Various Embellishments
Graphic from GeckoGalz

17 comments:

christi said...

this is gorgeous. love how you showed the steps.

Tristan Robin said...

absolute holiday perfection! I really have to get in a tag-swapping group with you! LOL I need some of your work around me to inspire.
I also am a fan of Lindy's products - the BEST colors for mists and embossing powders out there. They have an amazing range of tones and shades, don't they?!
If I don't see anything from you before the holiday, have a most splendid one - and a charmed coming year!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, I love all the glitter, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Oh wow.. this tag is just PRECIOUS!!!
A wonderful piece!
I wish you a Very Merry Christmas dear Jackie!
Thanks for visiting me so often on my blog- this is much appreciated!
love and hugs

Susi

Dorthe said...

Dear Jackie, oh this is magic, showing the frosty and beautiful look of winter, and the warmth and joy of Christmas. I love all your "powdered "and frosty ice blue look, so many gorgeous details .
It is stunning.
Jackie have a wonderful and merry Christmas , and all the best for your new year- Hugs, Dorthe

aimarii said...

Oh, I wonder how much work you have had before the "winter solstice tag" was ready.
Lovely!

Karenliz Henderson said...

Oh Jackie your tag is stunning. I love the huge snowflake and the frosty blue ice look. Gorgeous!

jorunn`s Fristed said...

Thank you so much for your sweet word on my blog. I had a Christmas workshop with the class of my daughter, so the card with barn door is the only card I had made. Fun to try something new, have just held classes for experienced ladies, so to assist the 15 year olds, both boys and girls, was an amazing experience. A Very Merry Christmas to you and your family. Good and warm hug from Jorunn ♥

Annette said...

Love the crispness of the tag. So pretty and of course bling is always good for this Texas gal. Have a Merry Christmas and looking forward to what else you create. oxoxxo

Carole J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lady Jane Vintage said...

Gorgeous! And thanks for the shout out! :)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I saw this on FB and moseyed over for a closer look. Wow, it's so beautiful! Thanks for sharing the process too! Loving the dimensionals in this!

Michele said...

wow this is pure gorgeousness! xo

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow Jaqui, what incredible work!! You really create magic with those images, stunning!! They give me such a wonderful festive feel!!!

Wishing you and family all the very best forthe festive season, and I hope I will manage to visit ore regularly again in the new year, - I miss your beautiful work! xxxx

Words and Pictures said...

What an amazing tag, Jackie - she's a true Snow Queen. Dazzling shimmery on the snowflake and the text in the background, and what a fabulous image. Hope you're ready for the festivities ahead.

Thanks so much for all your lovely tag comments... sadly it was the other Alison (Craftytrog) whose name came out of the hat, but I think we all won in having so much lovely inspiration from Linda.
Alison x

Darlene K Campbell said...

Wintery,glittery delight! As I always say I don't know how you put these together to look seamless and so elegant. I have the tags and cards you have made me in my art room. Happy holidays...let's chat soon.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I almost missed this truly gorgeous tag. Happy crafty week, Angela x