Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I can not even begin to tell you how thrilled I am...





 I have been bursting at the seams for a little over a week, so excited to share my news with you all!!
Yup, that's me in the lower left of the photo! 
Gwen Lafleur actually asked me to be in her Creative Artist Tribe!!!!! 
 This has ME at a loss for words! LOL
okay, maybe I have a few words left...
 Yes indeed,I get to create beside these other 
wonderful creatively talented artists!

 If you are not familiar with Gwen, you need to be! I have been following Gwen and her art, stalking her from afar, ever since she joined the Stencil Girl Design Team. Gwen has always made the coolest pieces and designed with such flair and her use of color- OH MY!!!
And now, Gwen even has her own stencil designs at StencilGirl and are they ever gorgeous!!
Here is Gwen's link to her portfolio- go have a look at her astonishing artwork, I am sure you will not be disappointed!!
 
 Today, I received my first package of items and products from Gwen's store to create with- OMGOSH!!!! Will you just look at these photos!
 I am so honored to be part of this TRIBE!!
Beautiful wrapping as well!!
all this goodness in one package!
 look at these colors!
 Washi!!
 and Gwen sent a journal!!!!
 textiles from heaven!!
  and this final photo is me pinching myself! teeheehee
  I actually had some tears of joy escape my eyes while opening up my treasures!! 
Thank you Gwen! 
I can not wait to make my first design piece!


Be sure to sign up for Gwen's Newsletter and receive a  "special offer" for newsletter subscribers. It will be 10% off your purchase at the store as a celebration of the new team! 
And now without further ado...

Meet the Artist Tribe at Gwen Lafleur Studios!


Jill McDowellDuring the day Jill is a full time community college administrator who frequently shows up at meetings with paint under her nails. Most nights and weekends you’ll find her stowed away in her craft room making art into the wee hours.

Jill is an art journaler and a mixed media artist who loves to explore different art genres, experiment with new techniques, and transform what she’s learned into her own style. Jill and her husband live in eastern Connecticut with their two lovable dogs.



Sandee Setliff
Sandee is a daydreamer and a night thinker. She sees an opportunity in every problem she faces. Her curious mind is stretched by all the experiences life throws her way and what she makes out of them. She is sunshine mixed with rain, creating a beautiful rainbow. She knows that with the right attitude, anything is possible.  Her style is an ever-changing art form: breaking rules and following her heart, meandering through life with paint and paper, anticipating and participating as much as one person can. Her favorite things are using quotes and art journaling for herself, although she does make art for sale in the town she lives in. When not 'arting,' she is walking through the woods in North Carolina looking for fairies and gathering moss.

Sandee is also a current creative team member / blogger for StencilGirl, ColourArte, and Deco Art.



Linda Edkins Wyatt
I am a mixed media artist living and working in the heart of New York City—a place that inspires me daily with its architecture, energy, colors, textures and people. By day, I work in one of the busiest healthcare systems in the country; my evenings, weekends and lunch hours are my cherished art time. I started out as a schoolteacher, and hold a degree from SUNY Oneonta, then changed career paths and earned a degree in Textile/Surface Design from the Fashion Institute of Technology. I worked for many years as a print stylist in NYC’s Garment Center, winning an industry “Tommy Award” in the children’s wear category.
  
I love many art mediums, but fabrics, trims, beads and buttons are close to my heart, and I am a

fabric designer at my core. I have been sewing since I was old enough to hold a needle, and love to incorporate stitch and fiber in my artwork.

I discovered the world of art quilting and mixed media about 11 years ago, and have been immersed in it since then. My artwork and writing have appeared in many books, magazines and juried shows, including a series of seven self-portraits in Cate Prato’s book Mixed Media Self Portraits, “Painting Out the Panic” in Cloth Paper Scissors, and my art quilts have been part of the Sacred Threads show. I am also a former member of the Artistcellar Design Team. My art quilt “Eye of Panic” will be in the book Quilts and Health, due to be released in Fall 2017.



Lynda Shoup
Lynda Shoup is a mixed media artist who makes art journals, collage, handmade books, and printing. Her work often uses recycled materials and focuses on how disparate materials and ideas can be combined to create harmony.

Lynda studied art at the Munson Williams Proctor School of Fine and Performing Arts and Utica College for a year before transferring to Western Connecticut State University. After earning her B.A. in Communications she lived in Tokyo, Japan where she taught English Language and worked as a copy editor for Japan Publications Trading Company in the Japanese traditional crafts division. She translated three books The Joy of Flower Arranging, Rice Bowl Recipes and  The Joy of Antique Beading. Her free time was spent learning the traditional arts of Japanese dance, flower arranging, kimono, and cooking. She later earned her Master of Library Science from Southern Connecticut State University and worked as an elementary school librarian for more than ten years.

Lynda currently lives in Massachusetts with her family.



Jackie P. Neal
A crafter since childhood, I have now evolved into a mixed media artist where I am constantly experimenting, learning, and growing. I am a collector of​ "​things.​"I like pretty things: old books, vintage jewelry, bits and bobs, fabric remnants, laces and trims, junk mail, and other ephemera. I look for the beauty in the ordinary and in nature, often collecting bird feathers, twigs, stones, animal bones, and rusty pieces of whatever - anything that catches my eye, sort of like the Magpie!

My creative enthusiasm travels across many mediums with emphasis on texture, layering, color, organic, textiles, assemblage, and grungy / weathered. I also love stenciling, stamping, collage, art journaling, and making tags and ATCs. Did I leave anything out?

Using mixed media techniques, my imagination takes on a life of its own to design and create altered art pieces from things that other people discard. I guess I could refer to my artwork as tactile or creative recycling.



When creating, the messier I am the more excitable I become with the piece I'm working on. I mean, the process of creating is just as important as the actual finished piece, right? There's nothing like having my hands covered in paint, ink, glue, etc... and having my creative space shrink down to a 5"x5" square on my table - I'm sure we've all been there!

I believe sharing is an important part of art as well, and this is why whenever possible I photograph and share my steps on my blog. Hopefully this gives others the courage to step out of their comfort zones and fuel their artistic sides!

I absolutely love to create alongside other art sisters & like minded souls; each of us sharing our passion and love for art. This is why I hold an annual "Art Sisters Retreat" during the summer at my home in upstate New York. It's an opportunity for us to have fun, learn from one another and challenge ourselves. Having started teaching, I hope to expand this avenue at my home and online in the near future.

I have been fortunate enough to have been chosen for several Design Teams in the past and I'm a current member of the DecoArt Blogger Outreach Program; I've been an active blogger since 2014. Over these past years of internet usage, I have found and gained much inspiration from our worldwide family of artists and for this I am grateful.

Make sure to pop over to the teams InstaGram accounts and or blogs to check them out~such Fabulous artwork!!!
here are the links:

Linda Edkins Wyatt~
Lindaedkinswyatt.blogspot.com 
LindaEdkinsWyatt  ~ IG
(Linda and I go back to my very first days of art via the internet, my first paperdoll making in fact was with Linda! Glad to be creating together again! ) 

Lynda Shoup~
Lynda Shoup~Mixed Media Artist
Lynda_Shoup ~ IG

Sandee Setliff~
In The Hills of North Carolina
Sandeeartfulwordsnc ~ IG

Jill McDowell~
Infinite Possibilities
itsjustjillmcd ~ IG

Gwen Lafleur ~ IG ~ gwenaval

Jackie P Neal ~ IG ~ pnjackie

Thank you so much for your support and visits and especially your comments- they mean the world to me! 
Hugs,Jackie

















31 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, HUGE congratulations, well done. Have fun and enjoy all those gorgeous goodies! Glad ou are having fun, hugs, Valerie

Karenliz Henderson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I can't wait to see what you create with all those goodies!!!! We'll all have to celebrate tomorrow!!!!!!

Darlene K Campbell said...

Jackie, I knew it had to be you!! What a spectacular invitation to be part of this talented team. I am so proud of you...BIG congratulations. Wow, those textiles and other materials to create with are amazing. Looks like you are steering me back to creating mixed-media. I am so anxious to see what you create. Your profile photo is beautiful too. Cheers-

Gio said...

Congratulations dear Jackie, you really deserve it, and have FUN!!! :-)

theresa mARTin said...

Congratulations Jackie!

Dorthe said...

OHHH Jackie, I`m so exited and happy for you, - CONGRATULATIONS, dear - they will have a wonderful artist over there, and I will look forward seeing all your amazing creations, using all this fantastic materials , love what I have seen here.
Have fun, dear and ENJOY !!
loving hugs from Dorthe xx

Martice Smith said...

Oh sweet Jackie! Congratulations, chica!!! What a wonderful team of creatives. I wish I could jump thru this screen and give you a big ol' hug! Thanks for giving us a peek into the artsy goodies - everything looks amazing...all the textures, colors, stencils. What a treat! Can't wait to see your projects ;-)

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Jackie, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! What a wonderful little stash to play with - loving those textiles and stencils. You go girl - go to town with all those goodies! Can't wait to see your creations! Those textiles are very "you"! xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, just read your comment over at mine. I don't want to get blamed for making you spend your cash Lol! but come to think of it why not if it means you can shop and blame someone else maybe I could do the same! No it's no good he would never believe it, he knows me too well! Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

Bev said...

Congrats sweet friend it's well deserved and I wish you much success and a joyful time 👏👏👏👏👏much love bev ❤️❤️❤️

Sandra Foster said...

Congratulations Jackie ..... way to go.

Joseph Cuccurullo said...

Congrats Jackie, very happy for you have a great time.

Seth said...

A HUGE congratulations Jackie. I am so happy for you. And for Gwen. A match made in heaven. You are both such special and creative people. I look forward to seeing all the magic that you make.

Suman Pandit said...

Huge congratulations Jackie, your pack looks heavily inspired by Indian handicrafts and textiles, loving it !! looking forward to your creations !!

Brenda Brown said...

Huge congratulations Jackie, you will be an amazing team member and what a fabulous pack of goodies to set you off. Can't wait to see what you design and make. Have fun. Huge hugs xxx

artbyjune said...

Wonderful news Jackie! I am very happy for you and look forward to viewing your design creations with all those delicious goodies!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Congratulations Jackie.. I am so proud of YOU!!
You will create magic with these lovely goodies, I am sure! Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

Hip Hip Hooray - Hip Hip Hooray - soooooo FABULOUS Jackie!!! Smiling BIG for you.... so proud for you - doing the YOU GO GIRL happy dance for you!!!! And yes... I just have to say it... so well deserved. You are a PERFECT pick! XXj.

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - that is simply AMAZING - such an excitement!
Big congrats on being part of this fantastic team dear Jackie!
I am really looking forward to see what comes -
your goodies look stunning - I am sure you will have fun creating your extraordiary
beautiful pieces !
much love from
Susi

sarascloset said...

Jackie! I am doing the happy dance for you, girl! You are such an amazing and creative artist and you are the perfect pick for this team! I mean, just look at those products--they scream "create with me!". What a lovely Happy Mail package to receive, and I cannot wait to see what YOU will make of it! The stencils have me DROOLING! Speaking of Happy Mail--I have just finished using something from your earlier package to me--what 'til you see what I've done with that beautiful red velvet panel! Sending big happy hugs to YOU! Sara Emily

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Huge congratulations Jackie. Enjoy every minute of your new creative journey. Lovely package of goodies too. Enjoy. Tracy. X

SewPaperPaint said...

This is totally YOU Jackie! I'm so very happy for you and cannot wait to see you using these fantastic products! Biggest congratulations! Hugs, Autumn

Julie Lee said...

Such great news, Jackie! I can't wait to see all the terrific things you will create! Congratulations on becoming a part of this creative team - well deserved! xxx

Martha Richardson said...

Congratulations Jacke ~ that is some GORGEOUS things you get to play with...can't wait to see what you create!

Words and Pictures said...

Huge congratulations, Jackie - this will be such an exciting adventure - what a joy to be creating alongside such a powerhouse of creativity gathered together on Gwen's team. And what a wonderful parcel to unpack - I can well imagine your delight. Looking forward to following along for the ride!
Alison x

Gaby Bee said...

Great news! I'm really happy for you. Congratulations Jackie!!! Enjoy your goodies and have a wonderful art filled week! I'm looking forward to your new creations.

Gaby xo

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Congratulations, Jackie - this is SO well deserved. I just know that you're going to give us some knock-out pieces with all those goodies. xoxo

ArtyDiva said...

..and I got to see all the goodies in person! WOW!! Jackie you are going to create some beautiful things using some of your magic! xox

Gwen Lafleur said...

I'm so excited that you're excited! lol... and super glad to have you in the Tribe! I can't wait to see what you create with all your new goodies!

Lynda Shoup said...

A belated note to say how delighted I am to be on this team with you! Such fun to see what items you chose as well. Maybe next time....

denthe said...

Oh, how exciting Jackie!! But it doesn't surprise me one bit that she asked you to join her Creative Artist tribe. You're the perfect person to put all that gorgeous stuff into use. Can't wait to see what you'll create with it all!