Monday, August 28, 2017

Using found treasure,more creating and an auction!



and you thought last week's post was long winded with photos!
you might want to bring the pot along with your cuppa!
more on this photo further in post

Today we have day 2 and 3 here as well as a quick peek of the of the morning after! LOL


 Day two starts out with a couple different lessons. 
For our retreat each gal comes equip with a lesson or technique to share. Each  brings the supplies or materials needed for her lesson and then gets her shot at teaching.

 What you see here in the uncontrollable laughter is the Weiser sisters cutting in on each others teaching by explaining the process for them.
What we found was that WE ALL did it 
and we cracked ourselves up at all being "bad listeners" LOL

 


Sherie's lesson was an exploding house complete with all the vintage embellishments and all the printed images you could want 
 
 
 and then some cool texture stuff to decorate the outside walls
will show when finished

 Karenliz showed us how to use Resin on embossing folders;
she brought a bunch of her embossed folders for us to use
see top of photo  
and then we used what resin was left on assorted papers
more on that 71 number coming up...
 Pammie brought vintage clipboards and all sorts of embellishments...
washi tapes,buttons, you name it,she brought it!

You may wonder how those Weiser sisters were even able to carry their luggage!We did! haahaa
Anyway, Pam's idea was to decorate the clipboard using this assortment of goodies...
of course my mind wandered and I came up with the perfect substrate for my found beach treasures
 if you remember a few posts back, I shared photos of some my summer beach finds.
Well they came together here on this clipboard.
I did have to "age" the metal part,because dear Pam had painstakingly cleaned the whole thing to a shiny newness!
 sorry Pam! teeheehee

  found piece of metal something or other underneath the head- which really is not a head,just looks like one to me

  piece of bark from a Paper Birch tree 
and No.8 from a vintage book
 
 look at this gorgeous patina on this rusted metal!




 I am quite please with this piece and believe it is one of my new favorites!



Next up- some goofiness and off to the auction!
Rile says are you girls ready yet?



 




Once at the auction we quickly sought out wanted items and marked our territories

 

 









 here Pammie and I are a bit annoyed that others are checking out our finds...
and these characters are busy being Chill!
 We scored all around!
I beat out a couple of others for 1st choice of these 2 boxes of Vintage postcards
 Pam got this beautiful pitcher for me and this cool fly catcher- I have ideas for this and they don't include flies!!




 


















Sherie won this cool cubbie for me for the art barn
 and I got this fabulous vintage steamer! Can't wait to use it!!
Sherie and Pam managed to gather many other cool auction finds and squeeze them into their suitcases
and yes, Sherie's was over limit! LOL
We had a great time at the auction came home,
ate and went back to creating...more to come

I'll be back on Thursday will the final 3rd Annual Art Retreat posting and photos of the dolls we made from my class! 
Hope to see you then~
as always, thank you from my heart for your visits!
Jackie ")



18 comments:

Candy C said...

OMG!!! I wish I could have been there!!! That is sooo up my alley and stuff I LOVE to do! I would love to know how you all did the resin stuff. I've got some resin and just been too "chicken" to do anything with it! Jackie...this looked like SO MUCH FUN! Dang it!!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comment on my blog! HO! HO ! HO! HEE! HEE! HEE!

Dorthe said...

Me , too, why am I here in little Denmark, lol- such wonderful things found all of you, and Jackie, your creation is amazing,- I love how you used your finds, -I once made a doll using old bones from the beach, :-)--it is a gorgeous creation,- and all the fun you girls have had, it must give so happy memories for a very long time !
Sending hugs and a kiss,
Dorthe

Karenliz Henderson said...

I loved watching you and Pammie at the auction. Your faces were too funny when someone else looked into the boxes you two wanted.

Plush Possum Studio said...

What a fantastic creative journey you've been on! I can hardly wait to learn more of all of your adventures. The rust is delectable, just right for the cool found object clipboard your've made.
P.S. Loving that cubby!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, wow, wow, your girlies really had a fantastic time! I would have liked to have been there with you! Love all the beautiful creations, your clip board is a master piece (mistress piece?!?) - just great! Lovely to see you all laughing so much, too. Thanks for sharing the fun. Hugs, Valerie

Rose Tresures said...

oh my gosh, it looks like y'all had a ball!!! That piece of art of yours had me rubbing my head at first. hahaha I love it though!! People will think that you created a new extinct creature. hehehe So happy for the fun that you all had!! Love seeing it. hugs, patty

Tristan Robin said...

It appears you were all having a blast - wish I had been invited! LOL

In total lust with your bone shrine thing-y. Gorgeous. Would make a striking accent piece anywhere in the house. Good job on the aging the 'new' clipboard mechanism. LOL

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous time you've all been having,teaching each other and sharing your skills, talents and supplies and your auction time looks as though you were very successful at finding new goodies. Love your clipboard, your beach finds and ageing techniques. Great post Jackie xxx

Julie Lee said...

Oh, this looks so much fun! I so wish I could have joined you - all that learning and laughter!!! The auction looks great too! I love how you aged that clipboard and what a brilliant display for your beach finds. Happy Memories! xx

froebelsternchen said...

This is overwhelming ! I love love love your decorated clipboard - that's a wonderful piece of art Jackie and I absolutely enjoyed all the fantastic photos ! Great that you all shared your techniques and it really looks like all of you had so much fun ! I would have loved to join such a fantastic event - you are a fantastic histess and the auction was a great success as well as it seems--- your pot is just AMAZING!!! What a great found!
And I have to say THANK you so very much for your absolutely lovely comment on my blog lately! Your are such a ♥Sweetie♥ and I just can give back how a wonderful blogger you are! So glad to know you !
oxo Susi

SewPaperPaint said...

Sounds like loads of fun Jackie! Love your assemblage piece. Amazing creativity from you girls! Hugs, Autumn

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Jackie, I want to be there with you! What a great time you're all having. I have to say I don't know why but whenever I read the comments you leave me I just have to smile, I love you! Sending big hugs, Angela xXx

sarascloset said...

Ok, Ok, so I know I missed a great time, but do you have to rub it in???!!! Looks like a blast, and I'm so happy you even thought of including me...some day! While you were off having fun, I was moving furniture, moving boxes and cleaning a shared bathroom for my sweet girl! Now which would YOU choose?

Anyway, I digress, you assemblage looks super cool if not a tad creepy! It sure looks like a heat to me! Great auction finds! No doubt, my luggage would not be able to contain my enthusiasm either! Sending hugs and hot weather your way!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Oh, I am SO in Art Retreat Envy right now - what a fabulous group of people, art supplies, techniques and teachings. I'd have been like a kid in a candy store, I know! xo

Words and Pictures said...

I adore your found beach objects displayed on the board - what a glorious piece of artwork. Another post full of delight and inspiration - so great to hear about all the techniques being shared. And what a haul from the auction - I've got cubby cupboard envy!
Alison x

Lys said...

I love your assemblage, so vintage and "cabinet de curiosités" looking like!

SandeeNC said...

Looks like so much and such wonderful art, would love to have been there!!!!!!!!

Lynda Shoup said...

My goodness, you guys know how to have a good time! I guessed right, there was a lot of laughing. Having fun reading about it.